Notices

Cleaning A Toolbox

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Dan0368
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaning A Toolbox

I put a toolbox on my truck back in early January. I love it and the way it makes my truck look, but I swear I haven't found a way yet to clean these things. My two brothers who are truck enthusiasts don't know of anything that can do a good job. I realize I won't be able to make it look like when it came out of the box, but I guess anything better than how it is now.

Old 04-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Jim242002
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cleaning A Toolbox

depends on whats on it..tree sap?
mud is easy to get off....i never wash my truck so i never had that problem....

that grease lighting stuff works great on alot of things..i have never tired it on a tool box...but if it is stainless steel kind then i think that grease lighting stuff will work....

i no that didn't help much but i never have cleaned on before..mine has mud on it from 2 years ago

Old 04-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Bikerider900
Junior User
Cleaning A Toolbox

No doubt about it. Go to your local Auto Zone/Pep Boys/Wal-Mart and pick up a bottle of Blue Magic (or Blue Coral) I forget.. and I just bought a bottle last night! Anyway, I've had a few sportbikes in my day (all with polished frames/wheels/etc) and this is the best polish I have tried. Goes on easy, comes off just as easy. Some polishes apply just fine but are a royal PITA to remove/buff out. I thought that Mothers® would be good, but oh no..., tried all the treated insulation feeling stuff (Nevr Dull®, etc.) but never was satisfied with them at all. Get the BM, rub it in small circles 'til it's black then go back with a clean rag/terry cloth/T-shirt and buff it off. Works best when not in direct heat/sunlight I have found.
Warm frames taught me that..

I also saw some polish at Lowes today from some company that was a box polish. One of the manufacturers of boxes, Diamond something makes it. Can't say how it works, but it's in Lowes, near the boxes if you wanna take a look at it.

Old 04-20-2003, 07:01 PM
Dan0368
New User
Cleaning A Toolbox

Thanks a lot, man, I'll definitely go pick some up tomorrow.

And yeah, it's a Stainless Steel Box.

Old 04-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Bikerider900
Junior User
Cleaning A Toolbox

Dan,

DId you pick up the polish and use it yet?