1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Factory Appearing Aftermarket Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:34 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Factory Appearing Aftermarket Gauges

What company makes a line of gauges that's really really close in appearance to the factory style ones? You know...

Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 AM
whitefordexplorer
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 AM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
I was asking more for aesthetic likeness to match, not where to find them...

The VDO Vision Black series is the closest I've come up with so far...

Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 AM
swillett
Junior User
why put aftermarket gauges in if you want it to look the same?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:07 AM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Because I'm adding instruments. Boost, trans temp, accurate oil pressure and coolant temp.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:32 AM
whitefordexplorer
Tuned
www.jegs.com/autometer this is about as close as youll get...

Old 01-21-2012, 11:48 AM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You have a few choices. Autometer makes a Ford Factory Match Gauge now. They are just starting to get added to websites across the net. Autometer doesn't have them on their site yet ( or at least I didn't see them ). Here is one site where I found them: Autometer Factory Matched Gauges

You can also go with Autometer GS Series Gauges. They are pretty close to matching the face color and have great lighting.

ISSPRO EV2 gauges in Black/Black/Red Pointer are also pretty close and are lighted well and easy to install. Here is what they look like.

ISSPRO EV2 Gauges

If looking for gauges, I would call Riffraff Diesel He offers great prices and can get parts for your truck too. He is a specialized diesel performance shop but has the greatest customer service. He is a sponsor of FTE and is highly respected. I buy from him all the time. I also have a 98 F-150 and he can get anything!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:05 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Originally Posted by woodnthings
You have a few choices. Autometer makes a Ford Factory Match Gauge now. They are just starting to get added to websites across the net. Autometer doesn't have them on their site yet ( or at least I didn't see them ). Here is one site where I found them: Autometer Factory Matched Gauges

You can also go with Autometer GS Series Gauges. They are pretty close to matching the face color and have great lighting.

ISSPRO EV2 gauges in Black/Black/Red Pointer are also pretty close and are lighted well and easy to install. Here is what they look like.

ISSPRO EV2 Gauges

If looking for gauges, I would call Riffraff Diesel He offers great prices and can get parts for your truck too. He is a specialized diesel performance shop but has the greatest customer service. He is a sponsor of FTE and is highly respected. I buy from him all the time. I also have a 98 F-150 and he can get anything!
Hey buddy. Thanks for the post, I think you're the only one so far getting the idea of what I want to do... The GS series is ok... The pointer is close, but the face markings are two far off.

The ISSPRO's are gorgeous gauges, but they come with a heck of a price tag. My buddy ordered a set for his Dodge Cummins with the three pillar pod, and I think getting a discount through some buddy of his, still ended up like $350-400 for three of them.

I saw the Autometer gauges on their site for factory matched for Dodge, and I was thinking, "Wow, it'd be great if they made them for Ford as well". They make a nice Boost gauge...

This would go in the pod mounted on the column, and I think it'd match the speedometer and tach almost perfectly. I would prefer a shorter scale, like a 0-20 or even a 0-30 versus a 0-35, but that's a minor issue; I can suck it up... or add more boost.

I like the short sweep for the trans temp because it matches the factory oil, charge, temp and fuel gauges; I can't find one for oil pressure and coolant in this style...

Maybe they haven't come out with them yet seeing as they are new...? I know I'm being incredibly picky, but when it comes to my Fords, I'm like a 70 year old; I want it the way I want it.

The trans temp, oil pressure, and coolant gauges are going into the hole on my expedition console where the A/C controls used to be. They will be mounted recessed and underneath a piece of black or tinted Plexiglas so as to only show when lit (ACC/RUN/START), and completely disappear when the truck is off.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Louie3
Senior User
Originally Posted by fiftyfordfloored
What company makes a line of gauges that's really really close in appearance to the factory style ones? You know...

Might be a dumb question or that I'm on my phone but why do your gauges look different than mine. Like the set up. My speedo and tach are in the middle

Old 01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Louie3
Might be a dumb question or that I'm on my phone but why do your gauges look different than mine. Like the set up. My speedo and tach are in the middle
Because you have a '99+ truck most likely. This was the gauge setup for the '97-98, which I happen to like better; only because it clumps all the important gauges in the same area to glance at.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 PM
00GT
Elder User
Is this some sort of race truck or offroader? If not seems like a pretty big expensive mod. I understand what you want and pillar gauges would be cheaper and do the same job.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 00GT
Is this some sort of race truck or offroader? If not seems like a pretty big expensive mod. I understand what you want and pillar gauges would be cheaper and do the same job.
Now I'm confused. Pillar gauges would be cheaper to do then what?

The drive-train was a big expensive mod. I want some extra piece of mind knowing my big expensive mod is healthy.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
00GT
Elder User
Originally Posted by fiftyfordfloored
Now I'm confused. Pillar gauges would be cheaper to do then what?

The drive-train was a big expensive mod. I want some extra piece of mind knowing my big expensive mod is healthy.
Confused? The way I'm reading, you want to tear out your existing gauges and put new ones in. Sounds complex to me. What kind of drive train you have?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 PM
00GT
Elder User
I just have to ask.... cause people want to do some pretty crazy chit on here sometimes man.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:57 PM
fiftyfordfloored
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 00GT
Confused? The way I'm reading, you want to tear out your existing gauges and put new ones in. Sounds complex to me. What kind of drive train you have?
Oh, Noooooooo... I'm keeping the dash cluster; I'm trying to find some aftermarket gauges that closely match the appearance of the factory cluster, so that it looks like it could have rolled of the line that way, or been a limited production.

I rebuilt a SVT Lightning power-plant for it after the old engine started making terrible bearing noise at 257k miles. A brief pictorial history:

Quick Reply: Factory Appearing Aftermarket Gauges