Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

Ford Ranger new break job problem Ford Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Deepseadiver
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Ranger new break job problem Ford Dealer

So i take my 2011 Ford Ranger into the local dealership today May 1/14 for its first break job at 68.000 K. The rotors were turned and new break pads installed. There was a bleeder nut that was seized so I had to buy another caliper. I get the truck back and start to drive away and the peddle goes to the floor and felt soft to the touch not like the breaks when the truck was new solid and firm. I almost drove into several new cars on the lot because of this. They took the truck back worked on it for a while than I took a road trip with the mechanic and again the breaks still went to the floor when I pressed on the peddle and I still have to pump them to make the peddle hard. The mechanic looked dumb founded and I told him that these breaks are not right. My guess is they don't know how to bleed the breaks properly, if i get it back again in the same condition are there any recommendations other than to take it to another dealership for a inspection and call Ford.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Deepseadiver
So i take my 2011 Ford Ranger into the local dealership today May 1/14 for its first break job at 68.000 K. The rotors were turned and new break pads installed. There was a bleeder nut that was seized so I had to buy another caliper. I get the truck back and start to drive away and the peddle goes to the floor and felt soft to the touch not like the breaks when the truck was new solid and firm. I almost drove into several new cars on the lot because of this. They took the truck back worked on it for a while than I took a road trip with the mechanic and again the breaks still went to the floor when I pressed on the peddle and I still have to pump them to make the peddle hard. The mechanic looked dumb founded and I told him that these breaks are not right. My guess is they don't know how to bleed the breaks properly, if i get it back again in the same condition are there any recommendations other than to take it to another dealership for a inspection and call Ford.
How are things going with your truck, Deepseadiver? I want to make sure your concerns are being addressed; I'll keep an eye out for an update.

Crystal