Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Postmaster

woodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud of
Serpentine Belt Change Video

I had my fan and shroud off to replace my LPOP with a Melling unit so I decided to video a how to on the serpentine belt. Throughout the years I have seen the question asked many times on how to change it. I think it seems much easier to have a video showing the process and how to make it easier to change.

Here it is, enjoy and please pass it along to others.

Serpentine Belt R&R - YouTube

2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Website, HD4R100 , T-500, Melling LPOP, Gen-2 FRx, Bellowed Up-Pipes, Riffraff OCR, , Braided Brake Lines, CAC Boots & Billet Plenums, Aeroforce Scangauge, 4" Diamond Eye, Powerslots, Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, AE, KCM S.S. HPX, S&B Filters intake, Quad pod w/ISSPRO EV2's, Big Head , 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Thanks Ken. I didn't know about that little clip to hold the pulley. I will look this afternoon at mine.

Reps for sure.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Postmaster

woodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud of
I have found many people that didn't know about the clip. It really makes it easy to do when used.

2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Website, HD4R100 , T-500, Melling LPOP, Gen-2 FRx, Bellowed Up-Pipes, Riffraff OCR, , Braided Brake Lines, CAC Boots & Billet Plenums, Aeroforce Scangauge, 4" Diamond Eye, Powerslots, Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, AE, KCM S.S. HPX, S&B Filters intake, Quad pod w/ISSPRO EV2's, Big Head , 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 AM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.
Roland Mueck
My OEM tensioner assembly had one, but the Gates replacement did not. Most vehicles don't have one, but I sure does come in handy when it does.
Thanks for the video, Ken.
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Senior User

MiamiPSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great job Ken............
03 F-250 CC 7.3L PSD Lariat 4X2, John Woods VP, Precision Stallion 3-Disc converter, Dieselsite Cpr+, 203*w/billet housing and coolant filter, DP (F5) Tuner, Banks exhaust, AIS, RR billet wheel, Isspro Performax gauges, 6.0 cooler w/ Cat 1 ELC, HPX, Hutch & Harpoon, Alum. Diff. cover, Bilsteins, Mobile1, 18" XD RockStars, Michelin's MS/2 LT275-65-18, AE-Ford Bundle
Old 01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Post Fiend

Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.
Nice! Thanks for posting.

Only one of my three trucks has that little clip but it is nice to have. I always put the belt on wrong and have to look at the little picture again. Seems like I would have figured it out by now but I guess it's one of those mental blocks in my mind that just can't get it right the first time.

I changed the bearings in the three pulleys on my wife's truck last Saturday since they were starting to squeak. At first I messed up on the tensioner and reversed the locations of the grooved and smooth pulleys....that sure had me confused for a minute or two. Turned a 30 minute job into 45 but I was still done in time for lunch.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Posting Guru

Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.
SirJohnStone DiggityDooDanks
Thanks for the video! Reps.....I'm going to check for that clip when I get home....quick hijack question, I see the Gates upper hose which I have waiting to install...Can that be installed without having to drain any coolant?
John - Rose Clifford - '03 F350 7.3, A/T, Reg Cab, NEW 2012 Long Bed (pics), DP F6 [stock, no start, low idle, hi idle, 40t, 80e, 120r, 140ss] Foil Delete (pics), 6637, Hutch/Harpoon, 6.5" ProComp lift, BFG AT 295/75/16, Warn Manual Lockers, 4" straight pipe, Fumoto, 155k, B100 (summer)
Fixes; Non-Serviceable HPOP Plug, passenger fuel line pop
2011 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver
Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Posting Guru

bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.
i've seen the clip before (when i was looking for a rattle noise) but didnt know what it was for.....now i know!!!! thanks!!!

SHAWN : PAA# 102 --
2012 F250 CC Lariat FX4 / White Platinum / 3.55e
2009 Outback Sydney 310BHS
Gone but not forgotten--2001 / 7.3L / 2wd / CC/ lwb / manual trans / dually / 160K
Old 01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Clifford View Post
Thanks for the video! Reps.....I'm going to check for that clip when I get home....quick hijack question, I see the Gates upper hose which I have waiting to install...Can that be installed without having to drain any coolant?

You will lose coolant when replacing the hose. If you are really quick and have a helper you can do it and only lose a small amount. You are best to drain the radiator and that will help control the loss. Or do it at a coolant change.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:57 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Had to go searching, but I figured my post from a few years ago would be a good addition for this thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Accessory Drive— 7.3L Diesel Engine Single Generator

Click the image to open in full size.

ItemPart NumberDescription
1 19D629 A/C Compressor
2 19A216 Idler Pulley (Without A/C)
3 19A216 Belt Idler Pulley
4 10300 Generator
5 3D673 Power Steering Pump Pulley
6 8A528 Water Pump Pulley
7 6312 Crankshaft Pulley
8 6B209 Drive Belt Tensioner

Accessory Drive —7.3L Diesel Engine Dual Generator

Click the image to open in full size.

ItemPart NumberDescription
1 19D629 A/C Compressor
2 19A216 Belt Idler Pulley
3 10300 Generator
4 3D673 Power Steering Pump Pulley
5 8A528 Water Pump Pulley
6 6312 Crankshaft Pulley
7 6B209 Drive Belt Tensioner
Hope you don't mind the coat tail addition, Ken.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Hope you don't mind the coat tail addition, Ken.

Stewart
Reps to you for that! Thanks

Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
I didnt know about that clip either. I'll have to look at both of mine when I get back to the states.
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Hit it!

Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ChrisMPorras
Thanks for posting, Ken.
2002 F350 XLT, 7.3L CC 4x4, SRW, Autometer Ultralites, DP TUNER, BTS Trans, 6.0 tranny cooler, F650 dash, AIS w/zoodad, Warn Hubs, 4" MBRP exhaust, '08 rear end cover, Foil Delete, Heated Tow Mirrors, AIH Delete, Homemade CCV mod., Bilsteins.
The Silver Bullitt PAA# 24
Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Elder User

Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
I had my fan and shroud off to replace my LPOP with a Melling unit so I decided to video a how to on the serpentine belt. Throughout the years I have seen the question asked many times on how to change it. I think it seems much easier to have a video showing the process and how to make it easier to change.

Here it is, enjoy and please pass it along to others.

Serpentine Belt R&R - YouTube

How about a video of how you replaced the LPOP, mine has been leaking for a few months now, and the power steering pump has started leaking REALLY bad lately, I have known it was weak for a year or so, but only had to add 1 quart a year, so I have been holding out and parking in the dirt.... now I have had to fill it up every day or so, so I will be doing both when funds allow.
Hers 2000 Excursion 7.3 4x4 4inch lift 33's RR inserts, boots, bellowed uppipes 4" turbo back exhaust
A.E. Domestic Bundle. (Ford, Dodge, Chevy)
Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Posting Guru

BadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbragiel View Post
I didnt know about that clip either. I'll have to look at both of mine when I get back to the states.
Rob just have your wife take a look to see if they have the clip. LOL Sorry I know that isn't funny I just remember you talking about trying to talk thur something on her truck.

Ken very nice job on the video! Thank you

Stewart thanks for posting routing diagrams.

Greg where did you get the bearing ? Do you have part #'s?
Ed PAA#121 "It's a sick world but I am a happy guy"
E99 F350 Lariat CC DRW 215k: 4" MBRP,up&down pipes coated/wrapped, bellows, T500, Kuzz4R100, TruCool, CCV with catch can, 50cent, E99 turbo/1.0 w.g.turbine, T.M. wastegate, EBPV delete,470-ohm, hutch/harpoon, A/C shim, K&N, Smoked lights

'76 E350 DRW/26' Holiday Ramber 460 4bl C6 : Autometer gauges
Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1999, 2002, 2004, 2005, 73l, belt, chamge, change, diesel, f250, ford, power, serpentine, sport, stroke, supertine, tensioner, trac, video