Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: StreamlineGT

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Freshman User

GatorBaitR6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Meatstick09
SCT 8900 problems...

Having issues when I program any preloaded tune the engine wont start... I reinstall the stock map and everything works just fine... Has anyone experienced this...? Rep from SCT says it may be because I used a Super chips programmer prior to trying to use the SCT even though I had the stock
map from super chips installed... Says I should try having ford reflash the truck but I know that dealers are kinda expensive.... Anyone have any ideas or know of a garage in the Groton or ledyard, ct area that reflashes for less...?
Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
I also read that if you gave SCT the wrong strategy code for your truck and you upload the tune it wont start. Try reading the strategy code with the SCT and compare it to what you sent them
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
you may get more help in an vehicle specific sub-forum. this is the CT chapter.

i would start with the strategy check like miles said.

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Freshman User

GatorBaitR6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Meatstick09
I already got it on powerstroke.org but I was just wondering if anyone around here had the same issue... Plus I was askin about dealers in CT so that was he basis for putting it in here...
Old 01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
all the dealers are pretty slow right now, so getting a deal on a small job will be tough. interstate would be the first place i would go, i have heard nothing but good things about interstate. a powerstroke enthusiast works there who is very knowledgeable on them. i think andy has work done there.

i think myself, and andy are the only ones with 6.0's and an SCT in the CT forum. all the 7.3 guys have DP, and miles is the only other SCT person with his 5.4. so for getting help on the sct issue i would post a question in here: 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Post Fiend

Nice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to behold
Hi GadorbailR6. I just did your CT chapter membership.
As said I would try the 6.0 forums.
Also make sure you have the right strategy.
You could also check with the dealer you got it from.
"Whatever You Are Be a Good One". Abe Lincoln
The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.' - Mark Twain
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter

Tags
60, 73, 8900, code, ford, forum, issues, problems, sct, sct8900, start, strategy, tuned, v10, wont