Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Just seeing what the Texas chapter is about

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Benny76
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just seeing what the Texas chapter is about

How's it going. Just stopping in to see what the Texas chapter is all about. It's the biggest state, figured it should be the biggest chapter right? Anyway my name is Ben. Folks call me Ben. What do you guys do? Events and get togethers and stuff? Take care.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ben, thanks for stopping by, Yes we go GTG's and stuff, we just had one in Houston this past weekend, You can read about it or look at the pictures in the link on my signature, Its under the album Houston GTG. Glad you chimmed in, don't be a stranger here. Have you joined yet, Here is the link to do that also https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...usergroupid=46

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Benny76
Tuned
I had sent a message to Scotty (texan) a while back and he replied then I wasn't participating for awhile with work and such. It's slowing down so I've been on a little more lately. I don't understand the chapters. Do you guys typically use the Texas Chapter as your main page? I'm relatively new to FTE. Not to trucks though.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
We use the Texas Chapter as a main SOCIALIZING area, although we discuss technical issues once in a while but those are really better left in the forum for your truck because you get people all over the US, Canada, and other places jump in on how or what you answer may need. But here we talk about anything from cooking to guns to the sun and the poo LOL
This link may help on the basics on FTE for you also https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...w-members.html
And you can always PM me if you need anything.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Looks like you may need to CLICK TO JOIN again, i'll get ya approved. If someone has not posted on FTE within 1 year I deactivate thier membership in the Texas Chapter,it really helps keep my list on Excel ready for PM's to any of the active members

Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Benny76
Tuned
Sounds good. Can I jump on and talk about Newt whoopin everyones butt again tonight? HAHA. It starts in 3 minutes! Can't wait.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Sure can !!!! LOL

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Ben,

It is also required that you rib Robert in some way. For example, he loves being accused of being a Chevy driver.

Welcome to the insanity (I cause a lot of that insanity).

Timothy

Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Benny76
Tuned
Thanks. Is it time to talk about Newt yet? Man he was calm last night. Does anyone remember the days of Newt being the Speaker during the Reagan administration? Nobody probably cares. A lot of people don't care anymore. I don't blame them. One crook after another so it's voting for the lesser of the evils. Anyway, taking a camping trip down to the coast this weekend. The in-laws are coming in from Idaho and I want to show them that yes, we actually kayak fish and swim in February down here. We're camping at Port A but taking them to PINS at least one day. Just making conversation getting to know you guys. I don't think my Limited Slip is acting right but I'll get a chance to test it down there. Seems like I feel it slipping some then today in the rain I mashed it in a right turn and it was a one wheeler peeler, right tire all the way. Makes me very unhappy. 60k miles and I just changed EVERY fluid about 4 thousand miles ago.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
hey ben, welcome back to the texas chapter again. sorry to hear bout ur slipping. jus a warning: my head is constantly slippery, so Tim, u got another crazy wacky zany fella to keep u company. i figured crazy goes well wif insane. lol. wats tat word? bedfellows. hmmm........

Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 AM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Snuggyworm
hey ben, welcome back to the texas chapter again. sorry to hear bout ur slipping. jus a warning: my head is constantly slippery, so Tim, u got another crazy wacky zany fella to keep u company. i figured crazy goes well wif insane. lol. wats tat word? bedfellows. hmmm........

LOL

Timothy

Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Benny76
Tuned
So Tim is my moving buddy? Tim, I'm Ben. That's what people call me too. Ben. Yeah I posted on the main forum. I'm a little grouchy about the diff slip. 60k miles and just had all the fluids changed. Thinking of changing it again with less friction modifier like I've read on here. Or go with TrueTraks rear and front. Then she'll pull like a Banshee in the sand. Or maybe just get me more stuck!

Old 01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Benny76
So Tim is my moving buddy? Tim, I'm Ben. That's what people call me too. Ben. Yeah I posted on the main forum. I'm a little grouchy about the diff slip. 60k miles and just had all the fluids changed. Thinking of changing it again with less friction modifier like I've read on here. Or go with TrueTraks rear and front. Then she'll pull like a Banshee in the sand. Or maybe just get me more stuck!
Ben,

Nice truck! I'd offer advice, but I am mechanically impaired. All I know is diesel goes in one end and the skinny pedal makes it go fast. LOL

Seriously, I know little about limited slip diffs. I'm not even sure I have a limited slip on my truck. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Timothy

Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 PM
farmerdave
Senior User
One Wheeler Peeler! That's good stuff right there

I'm in CC if you run into trouble in Port A.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Benny76
hey ben, usually atf might work on ur diff. i've heard some folks swear by it. but there might be also additives some folks add to it to make it smoother.

if u wanna throw some money at ur truck, pardon the punt, u could go wif a yukon grizzly locker. i've read reviews where they're solid stuff too.

Quick Reply: Just seeing what the Texas chapter is about