Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would you Pay for a 1995 F150 XLT with 7000 miles on it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM
F-250 WARHORSE
Cargo Master
Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
I agree. I posted that i was selling some stuff in a forum with a "PM me" attached and it was deleted. I think I helped a few members with parts and a dream tuck for a guy in NC so what harm was done? Many members have happily benefitted and that is the name of the game. WE know the rules, but where do we draw the line? It is the same to ask about a truck for sale as one that someone wants to sell. What if a post was created by the purchaser of this low mile truck wanting advice on the purchase? It wouldn't be deleted so why delete one from the other end? It is ok to ask about buying more stuff but not OK to suggest selling something? I have a hard time seeing the line here. Seems like a pretty wide patch of gray.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:44 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The rules are very clear:
"6. Personal Items For Sale . For Sale items are not allowed in the automotive and general discussion forums of FTE. This includes placing ads or links to ads in your signature. We have a Classifieds section that you can list your items in. Want ads are allowed in the forums so long as you post a follow-up when you find the part(s). Vehicle value discussions are permitted, however, if we find it turning into a for sale thread, the thread will be removed. The only exception to this guideline is the Chapter Forums. There is a specific thread in each Chapter Forum, for Chapter Members only, that is intended for local for sale items."

NO gray area here.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Joe P45
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to offend. No one bid nor bought my truck from fte As for what I said about buying a ford truck it's the only brand I would consider. As for my 68 I love it and would buy another. Classic American automobile enthusiasts are becoming fewer each day and we expect our kids to know anything about the past we shouldn't shun any American classic brand I will also be a member soon as my best friend suggested thi site to me. He owns 7 vintage fords. As I said before thank you all and sorry to offend

Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Joe P45
Freshman User
Ps. I dont remember putting a link to the truck until asked to do so.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
No offence taken!

I was only commenting on the "gray area" thing. The rules are quite specific, and fair. If we allowed selling in the forums they would get clogged up fast. We do have a classified section for selling.

Welcome to FTE!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:03 PM
AKFORD4x4
Senior User
wow, not worth 8800 but hey, its worth what its worth to you. I believe thata sitting non running vehiclke for that long will be a bigger pain in the butt than a driven well maintained rig. Once again, my worthless stinkin opinion

Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Joe P45
Freshman User
I agree and I think most people know that was not my intention. You would not want to make FTE another craigslist. My reasoning for thinking my truck was worth at least 8k was shopping for a new truck.. You see I have a 5 and 3 year old and can not put them in the truck legally, and have been shopping for awhile. What I've found you cant buy sh.. for 5 or 6k. I do understand the thinking that my truck could have problems from sitting, but I drove it for 5000 plus miles with out a hiccup. I advised anyone that was interested to change the old hoses, 17 years is a long time. I personally changed the antifreeze because it becomes acidic after 5 years and will eat rubber. I just joined as a member because frankly I enjoyed conversing with most of you. Keep the dream alive....

If you dont get the keep the dream alive I am referring to the American Dream... We can build it better than anyone.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
AKFORD4x4
Senior User
Originally Posted by Joe P45
I agree and I think most people know that was not my intention. You would not want to make FTE another craigslist. My reasoning for thinking my truck was worth at least 8k was shopping for a new truck.. You see I have a 5 and 3 year old and can not put them in the truck legally, and have been shopping for awhile. What I've found you cant buy sh.. for 5 or 6k. I do understand the thinking that my truck could have problems from sitting, but I drove it for 5000 plus miles with out a hiccup. I advised anyone that was interested to change the old hoses, 17 years is a long time. I personally changed the antifreeze because it becomes acidic after 5 years and will eat rubber. I just joined as a member because frankly I enjoyed conversing with most of you. Keep the dream alive....

If you dont get the keep the dream alive I am referring to the American Dream... We can build it better than anyone.
Well said Sir

SO when you got the truck it had 2k on the ODO?? CRAZY!!

I once got a 1981 Chevy Citation when I was 17(this was in 93) anyway the 81 had 24,000 on it when I got it..best car I ever had and I beat it senseless as any 17 yr old male would do, never let me down!!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Joe P45
Freshman User
Originally Posted by AKFORD4x4
Well said Sir

SO when you got the truck it had 2k on the ODO?? CRAZY!!

I once got a 1981 Chevy Citation when I was 17(this was in 93) anyway the 81 had 24,000 on it when I got it..best car I ever had and I beat it senseless as any 17 yr old male would do, never let me down!!
Yeah trust me I understand about skepticism I doubt everything. My father is now 82 and did not drive the truck ( his words because it was not his). We all hoped my uncle would get better but dementia is a terrible disease. I am lucky enough to have many other personal Items to remember my uncle by. This man was in 3 count them 3 wars. The last one was Vietnam as a helicopter pilot with 3 tours as I'm told in his forties I have 3 medals he received that I'm told prove he completed 300 rescue missions with the helicopter. I did some research and found the average life expectancy of a helicopter pilot was 2 and a half weeks. Amazing he would be happy with the new owner he told me before the end of the auction he was not letting any one else get the Truck..

Old 01-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joe as I said when I posted and I sure didnt mean to make it a debate, "take no offense but..." You didnt upset me and I hope its the same way back to you..

Honestly it was your post count that made me post that to start. I hate when a new guy is here to ask us, " how much" then they are gone just as fast as they came. Few hundred posts I look the other way no matter what they say. However I did like viewing your truck's pics on ebay and had it been a 4x4 you may have had a FTE buyer lol.

Hope you dont miss the family ties letting go of that truck. GL in the future and if you do buy a ford you better hit up this thread so I get that email reminder to tell you welcome back. Again joe I didnt mean to cause you any issue from anyone and from the looks of it most of the guys support your thread! (strength in numbers -= Bankrupter ducks and sneaks back into the shadows=- )

Take care,
Justin

Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Joe P45
Freshman User
[QUOTE=Bankrupter;11313543]Joe as I said when I posted and I sure didnt mean to make it a debate, "take no offense but..." You didnt upset me and I hope its the same way back to you..

Honestly it was your post count that made me post that to start. I hate when a new guy is here to ask us, " how much" then they are gone just as fast as they came. Few hundred posts I look the other way no matter what they say. However I did like viewing your truck's pics on ebay and had it been a 4x4 you may have had a FTE buyer lol.

Hope you dont miss the family ties letting go of that truck. GL in the future and if you do buy a ford you better hit up this thread so I get that email reminder to tell you welcome back. Again joe I didnt mean to cause you any issue from anyone and from the looks of it most of the guys support your thread! (strength in numbers -= Bankrupter ducks and sneaks back into the shadows=- )

Take care,
Justin[/QUOT

No problem. I was a UAW union steward at my last job and got paid to argue. Old habits are hard to break. And stuff always comes out different in print. I'm looking for my new truck now wish I could afford the Raptor!!!!