Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There are two kinds of trucks....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:13 AM
MotorHedd
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two kinds of trucks....

Hey Everyone.I have a complaint about these forums...I would truly like to post a problem here on the forums but it seems every question I ever had has been answered by searching and reading.Without much difficulty,I might add.My question is this:Is there anything that has ever happended to Detroits finest creation The Ford Truck that has NOT been answered here?Great site and great members...Which brings me back to the title...There are two kinds of trucks:FORDS and them other kinds.Thank you for a great form.
MotorHedd

Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
jokerforever
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, as of right now, there are 3189 threads dated back to June of 99 covering our trucks. In 12 years and with uncountable users every major problem probably has been addressed. But there are always new users that need to learn (and most of the time they need to learn how to do a little leg work and do some research for themselves).

But there will always be unique circumstances that need to be worked out. There was a 460 EFI head porting thread opened a year or so ago. This was great information on something that hasn't been documented before. Same when I tried to fit 35s on my F350 without a lift. I did a bunch of research but couldn't get definitive answers on a couple of details. I worked them out myself, made some mistakes, and post the results in my build thread. Now that info is available to anybody that wants to do the same.

And that's what this forum has become. It's a record of people mistakes and trials. It's a resource of what works and what doesn't. It's people teaching by experience. It's great. I can't remember what we did in the "good ol' days" before we had a resource like this.

But it's not without its flaws. There is a lot of clutter to get though. How many threads are there about tire brands, lifts kit suggestions, oil changes, and exhaust systems? There is a lot of repeat information and a lot of opinionated discussion. Not that this is a bad thing but a lot of times it doesn't really help and runs off new users. Though this is nowhere near a big problem on the 87-96 forum, there can be a lot of keyboard cowboys out there. These are really prevalent in the other forums on this site (I'm looking squarely at the 09+ forum and any thread opened that discuses why diesels, the new ecoboost engine or BFG tires aren't the greatest things ever made. If you're going to join those discussions you better have on flame retardant clothing).

But all in all there are some great people on here. We share what we know and given the info we need and mutual respect we all deserve we will help anybody out of a jam.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Nickk97tml
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MotorHedd
There are two kinds of trucks:FORDS and them other kinds.
MotorHedd
your hardcore....I like that.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well hes true, theres the Ford trucks that are Built For Tough and then other trucks...

Old 12-14-2011, 02:44 PM
tbirdscott
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MotorHedd
I would truly like to post a problem here on the forums but it seems every question I ever had has been answered by searching and reading.Without much difficulty,I might add.

I must agree with that, I would have to say that 90% of my problems and questions are resolved by a quick search. I cant help but laugh when I see some of the threads that are started here. In the time that people spend starting a new thread they could have found their answer searching without having to wait for someone to reply. But it does keep the info fresh in everyones mind so it isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Also in my experience all makes are crap if not maintained properly and you are not familiar with them. I know my old fords through and through and am confident that if anything breaks I can easily fix it so I dont drive anything else. I have buddies that are chevy guys and have great luck with their trucks, because they know and maintain them properly.

Then there are the guys that know nothing about anything and can drive the nicest truck in to the ground within months so I would have to argue the whole "There are two kinds of trucks" thing with 'There are two kinds of truck people Ones that should own trucks and those who do own trucks!'

Ford still look and feel better though, and I take every opportunity to bug my 'other truck' buddies about my reliable old ford when their 'other truck' breaks down whether it be the trucks fault or their own.

Scott