Notices

Wheel Vintiques; buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 11:07 AM
Sail Cat
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wheel Vintiques; buyer beware

I ordered four wheels from Wheel Vintiques back in January 2022.

I did everything online, and it all seemed to go alright, but after a couple weeks I still hadn't received any shipping information, and the payment had not been taken from my paypal account.
I called customer service to see what was going on and they informed me that they didn't have the material to build the wheels, and couldn't give me a date that they would.. It wasn't a big deal at that point because I was just getting started on the truck ('59 P100) and it was gonna be a while before I needed them.

I checked back with them periodically to see if there was any progress, and was never given a build date of any kind. Still not a big deal.

June rolls around. I have my new dropped axle installed and the brakes are done. The brake lines are finished and the new power steering box is in. I'm ready for this thing to roll, at least out from in front of my garage door.

Boom! I get a call from Wheel Vintiques saying my wheels are finally done and they need payment so they can ship them. Perfect timing, right?

I paid for four wheels. I paid shipping for four wheels.

Three days later I received one wheel.
That was on a Friday. I figured the other three would probably straggle in over the next week or so, but they never did.

I called customer service to see what was happening, and they couldn't give me any information at all. The other three wheels had never been shipped and nobody could figure out why.
"That's fine", I said, "just ship them now", but when the guy started looking at their inventory, the wheels weren't there.
Best I can figure, the other three wheels were never built, but nobody at Wheel Vintiques will tell me that. They won't tell me ANYTHING!

Now I'm waiting on them to refund the money for the other three wheels before I ship the one I do have back to them.

My opinion of Wheel Vintiques is not very good. I"m not forcing it on anybody. This is just information to help the next guy....

The following users liked this post: