Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Senior User

Romak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Might be picking up a lightning motor soon!!!

A friend of mine Just wrecked a lightning this morning, Everyone was fine, but he gave me a call and said that if the insurance claims it totaled he will offer it to me at the buyback price! soooooooo. Im super excited about the possibility of a supercharged 5.4 in my 60. just gotta wait on the insurance to make a claim. since I already have a 2V 4.6 in the panther IFS right now it will be a smooth swap (minus maby the wiring, which I am researching now). but worst case is I have to splice up the lightning harness, which I already did once to the 4.6 so it should be a piece of cake. Cant wait to find out, im all giddy!
03 crown Vic Panther IFS, 2V 4.6, custom cold air intake, Typhoon manifold, 2.5" exhaust no cats with 40 flowmasters, underdrive pullys, Patriot Performance Blower Cams, Comp valve springs, 100 wet shot nirous, custom dyno SCT tunes, 4 speed Auto, 373 gear 8.8 track lock rear end, 4 wheel disc, and linelock.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Elder User

Tomget is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow--that would be awesome. Goodluck
Old 12-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Elder User

Tomget is starting off with a positive reputation.
You got an awsome truck..Maybe you could add some photos in your gallery etc? I'm sure we'd all like to see more of what you've done. I dig the modern motors and such and you've clearly gone that way.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Senior User

well it was totaled! now im just waiting to hear back on how much the buyback is. It should be less than 2K, so if it is ill be picking it up. after selling all my motor and stuff and parting out the lighting I should make most of it back. My motor, trans, comp, and harness is already claimed by a buddy of mine that we will be putting into a 67 cougar.

ill try to get some pictures up when i get a chance. I tryd the other day to to set up a gallery but it wasnt working out very well.
03 crown Vic Panther IFS, 2V 4.6, custom cold air intake, Typhoon manifold, 2.5" exhaust no cats with 40 flowmasters, underdrive pullys, Patriot Performance Blower Cams, Comp valve springs, 100 wet shot nirous, custom dyno SCT tunes, 4 speed Auto, 373 gear 8.8 track lock rear end, 4 wheel disc, and linelock.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Senior User

justiz00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Were you at the Continentals Nostalgia Drags at Little River a month or so ago? If so, nice truck.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Senior User

yesir that was me. ran a 13.6 at 98.6. I was so pissed I couldnt get my 100mph patch. but with the lightning motor and my new rear gear it should be a breeze!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks