Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

December BS and let it snow thead

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Those are also easy, sounds like we really need to get a gtg for the sake of your truck.. need a garage.. although as you said, money is the issue..

We can put aq work out for cheap glow plugs, a few of the guys in the 99 forum bought a couple dozen of them, there was a sale at auto zone, something .99 a piece..

Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Milwaukee1979F150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by just another truck
Those are also easy, sounds like we really need to get a gtg for the sake of your truck.. need a garage.. although as you said, money is the issue..

We can put aq work out for cheap glow plugs, a few of the guys in the 99 forum bought a couple dozen of them, there was a sale at auto zone, something .99 a piece..

Should had explain clear. PO told me that back in June When truck had 210K. Now it had 220K miles. I will say honest it sit ALOT in summer due parts expensive.

Don't worry. I already replaced 8 glow plugs back in July and 6 injectors. Now it running great and idle. I can remove both valve covers in about 1/2 hours

For now I need do ball joints on right and rebuilt turbo. How fun I had rebuilt kit 2 months ago from Riffraff.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Capital Customs
Elder User
Originally Posted by Not_His_F250
Oh damn ! that was a nice SHop !

I know when we move there will be a BIG shop.... we will be having heavy Equitment in there as well,,,,,so it has to BIG

What was that GREEN part for?
Thanks., yes it was a great shop. As for the green part. It is a custom built car with body kit, 2.3l race motor, custom sound system and a ton more.
done at my shop.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
ohhhhhhhhhh race I love Race haha

Just got done making Reservations at Ohio Hotel for Drag Racing next year I am ready to go !

Update on Friend:
He got home yesterday he has no memory of what happened but otherwise only lost few short term Memories. They put in a devipulator ( SORRY no idea how to spell that not even spell check did LOL!!) And this should help a lot and make it so this doesn't happen again. The found its a heart disease he has and probly has had this a long time and they called it a sudden Death syndrome.

I am sorry I am no doctor and all I care about is that he is ok and will be here to see his Kids grow up and be with his Wife

Old 12-11-2011, 06:41 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Good morning to my northern neighbors!

Well I'm headed back out to SoCal for the last trip of the year...

The good news is I get home Thursday night and we leave Saturday 7am for San Juan...we'll be spending Christmas on an 8 day cruise in the Caribbean!...Christmas day is a cruise day back to San Juan...then we'll spend 3 nights in San Juan before heading home on the 29th...we're having our 15th annual New Years party here in our house so we must be home by then or we'll get lynched by our friends...we'll be nice and tan to ring in the New Year!

Well I did get out hunting the last two days with the muzzleloader...Friday was a snowy day here...I love to hunt in the snow...very quiet...and that day I didn't see anything. I got back out yesterday...it was a bone chilling 6 degrees when I pulled into the land...THANKFULLY there was NO wind to speak of or it would have been brutal.

I saw lots of deer yesterday...two came within 20 yards of me...one nice size doe...she was favoring her rear right leg...so I decided to shoot her...problem was that I screwed myself up...I realized in the morning that I had left my cap on the nipple over night but put the hammer in the forward most position to "safe" the gun for transport...well leaving the gun in the truck overnight in the garage must have "warmed" the gun up...then in the morning when I walked to the stand in the single digits...I'm sure it frosted up a little...well when I pulled the trigger on that doe all I heard was "CLICK"...and no "boom"...so I pulled the hammer back and saw some goo on the nipple (be nice this is a family channel) and tried to wipe off what I could...reached for my capper that I carry around my neck and put on another cap (mind you that I'm behind a rather large maple tree up in the tree stand so I have cover as the doe is still only about 20-25 yards away!)...so I get back on target and squeeze off again...all i hear is "CLICK"...but I try and hold steady incase of a hang fire...I did that for many seconds and nothing...as I begin to move the gun goes "BOOM"...WTF...the deer runs maybe 15 yards and STOPS!...so I get tucked behind the tree and grab my speedloader...I get mostly reloaded but using the long ramrod did me in...she hobbled off...all in all I saw 11 deer yesterday...I'm ticked at myself for MY mistake of forgetting to take the cap off the day before...I always do...but this is another "life lesson"...good news is it was a gimpy run of the mill doe and NOT my buck of a lifetime!...also if the doe makes it being gimpy this winter she could be carrying mine or Zoe's buck of a lifetime in her right now...so things do happen for a reason!

Hope everyone has a GREAT Sunday!

Joe.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:12 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Be careful driving to BTS Pat. Thanks again for picking up that hood for me.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
I'm thirsty.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Milwaukee1979F150
Posting Guru
Tip to everybody who live in Michigan. NEVER BUY CRAP EXIDE batteries from belle tire for your vehicle if you really need to had running without issues. They pain in a-- when you try have them replace battery. It had 30 months warranty. I only had for 6 months far.

#4 times for new Exide batteries for this F350. They will crank but for short time before it so slow crank.

If they refused to replace I going with big truck's battery and mount under truck's frame on passenger.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Milwaukee1979F150
Posting Guru
Oh by way they think I am idiot. I told them DO load test they didn't listen me and use their dumb tool which is volt tester it say 13 volt GOOD BATTERY. It can't detect bad battery if you don't do LOAD TEST on it

Old 12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
kaboom10
Elder User
I haven't heard much good about Belle Tire. Stopped in one morning to see about replacement wheels and tires and spent a long time looking thru books. Never go there again.I have a place to go for all your battery and trailer needs in Rochester Hills. Bought my 200 amp alternator there.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Same here I went to bell tire and I wont go back, ever.

Bad news on my Ankle,,,,,, MRI showed Chronic Tear, lots of scar tissue, and lots of strains. So going in to see Orthopedic Surgen to see what he sais. Not looking forward to this one.
This is gonna screw up my Summer I am gonna be pissed !

Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Milwaukee1979F150
Posting Guru
Yes I agree. Today I decided go to Advance auto and ask them test.

It turn out that starter is PULLING 450 amps to crank. No wonder it was so slow crank in morning at 20oF. Battery gauge go down quick when crank.

Next time I would buy parts from advance or special stores had parts.

Jasmin I hope your ankle aren't hurt bad.

kaboom10 Where that shop? Does they had website?

Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
I've had really good luck with Napa batteries.

Sorry to hear Jasmin. I guess your days of wearing 8" platform stripper shoes are over...

Old 12-12-2011, 05:05 PM
kaboom10
Elder User
PM sent with address.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Well , I guess you can keep the Stripper Shoes I wont be able to wear them again......so somebody might as well use them

@ Mil ..... I hope for the same but I aint having much Hope.... and if I do have to have surgery they better hurry I have plans for Summer !

Quick Reply: December BS and let it snow thead