Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Automotive Discussion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Host

Ford-Trucks Editors is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
5 Items No Truck Should Be Without

Check out today's homepage article and let us know if our list is complete:

Favoring the Prepared: 5 Items No Truck Should Be Without .: Articles
Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Postmaster

2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation
I have all that stuff in my truck! My tow strap is broke, so I am carrying a chain for now.
You are gonna see complaint's about your tow strap having hook's on it. This is a good reminder!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Posting Guru

VikingBabe has a good reputation on FTE.VikingBabe has a good reputation on FTE.VikingBabe has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah, all of our vehicles have most of those. Chains with hooks instead of straps though. Always have a small tool set if not a large one. "Torches" (flashlights) yep. First Aid....yep. Flat tire kit. Well, we have spare tires instead....does that count?

I know new cars are running around without spares now, or have a "donut" at best. Most drivers probably don't even carry a jack, tire iron or know how to use one. Jacks are useful for all sorts of things too.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Post Fiend

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
Those flat tire kits suck. Especially for the guys that have to work around that "slime" when they're trying to fix the tire.

Oregon Chapter Member:
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
The firearm of choice............

Oh, come on!........No truck is complete without a heater.
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Post Fiend

starmilt has a very good reputation on FTE.starmilt has a very good reputation on FTE.starmilt has a very good reputation on FTE.
That tow strap looked like a chinese strap for a bicycle.
If it breaks because of my advice
you can keep both halves
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Postmaster

Dean88 has a good reputation on FTE.Dean88 has a good reputation on FTE.
Don't forgot a few bottle of water, I always keep half a dozen bottles of water behind the seat.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Post Fiend

55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.
i'm assuming the article was written by a chevy owner to have straps , chains , etc. in it ..............
that's because were all opinionated bullcrap artists looking for somewhere to espout our views and show the world how much we { don't } know especially to newcomers. were on a mission to impress you and make you believe we are all knowing ! P.A.D.D = project attention deficit disorder . everyone on here has it , and is an enabler !!!! so enter at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!! if you don't have 2 or 3 broken fords / projects , then you just ain't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Junior User

HowarD1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I guess that is the short list. My extended list goes like this: Ax, Shovel, Chains, 2 5gal cans of fuel, Ice scraper, Jumper cables, Ratchet straps, Leather gloves, Over shirt, 1 roll T/P, Nonperishable food items, a jug of drinking water, and like Old93junk said, a heater of choice, and preferably a CCW permit to go with it.

Not paranoid. Just prepared!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Elder User

artfd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Exclamation

• Rain poncho with hood
  • I'm looking for one of those reflective belts they use around airplanes. People are awfully hard to see when they are on the shoulder of a highway at night. A reflective vest seems overkill, I would just like a belt.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Junior User

HowarD1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about a couple of those collapsible reflective road cones. You could set those 75 to 100 feet either way in case you had to pull over to assist a Chevy owner.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Elder User

artfd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Exclamation

Family rescued from snowdrift after being stranded for 2 days.
They were using a 4WD Yukon and drove right into the teeth of this week's blizzard in NM. Whatever possessed them to try that, I don't know. The severity of the storm was entirely predicted. Fortunately they had cell phones & called relatives to let them know they were in trouble. After they were rescued, the father of the family stated he wished he had taken more water on board & sleeping bags for everyone. The news did not mention whether or not they had a GPS system on board, which might have helped rescuers find them -- they were actually buried.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:21 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion

Tags
emergency kit