6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Finally Got my VIN # !

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:56 PM
mikem7
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GZip
Wow. Big variability here. How much does the dealership matter? Are there quotas on these vehicles like there are on others?

I noticed a priority number on my spec sheet. Does that signify anything meaningful?

Put my order in just over a week ago...
I am also surprised to see the lengthy wait for some of you. When we placed our order we never expected it to arrive before at least the middle of December, as I was not scheduled to be home until then. As it turned out my wife was able to get the paperwork to me and we took ownership on Nov. 18th, a little over a month since we originally placed the order.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Can't take it anymore..........

I drive by dealer 3 times a week, truck built on the 14th of December. Know I have said this many times......Sorry.

Going first thing in the morning, have 0 confidence dealer will call ASAP. Just went through this with a Lacrosse for the wife. Saw the car in the fenced in area on a Sunday (must have been delivered Saturday). Gave them until Tuesday and then clicked the car out of their website (in current inventory) and emailed I wanted a permanent test drive. They called in an hour and said it was in.

Dealers.............

Old 01-07-2012, 04:29 PM
mikem7
Freshman User
Originally Posted by jack_pine
Can't take it anymore..........

I drive by dealer 3 times a week, truck built on the 14th of December. Know I have said this many times......Sorry.

Going first thing in the morning, have 0 confidence dealer will call ASAP. Just went through this with a Lacrosse for the wife. Saw the car in the fenced in area on a Sunday (must have been delivered Saturday). Gave them until Tuesday and then clicked the car out of their website (in current inventory) and emailed I wanted a permanent test drive. They called in an hour and said it was in.

Dealers.............
Wow, I cannot believe how long you have been waiting! So the truck is built? Where is it at? When we were waiting for my wife's Explorer this spring, it was built, but sitting in a yard in South Chicago waiting for transport for about 4 weeks. It drove us nuts. I work on a Great Lakes freighter, and I was in South Chicago 3 times during that span, loading cargo. We would joke that I was probably only about 5 miles away from the car- we were going to go get it and try to load it on the boat!! I am glad we didn't go through the same thing with my truck. Hopefully your's will show up soon. They are awesome trucks, I love mine......

Old 01-07-2012, 05:08 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Built 12/14/11. Tracked it rail yard and got there 12/20/11. Sat there and just delivered to dealer ( think 3 days ago) Saw it this morning when I drove the lot at 6 AM. they called at 11 AM.

I was good with the build date/rail date. Think it sat in the yard too long.

Should pick up on Wednesday after inspection and Linix. Will post thread one truck with pics.

Thanks for asking. Has been a long road....

Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jack_pine
Built 12/14/11. Tracked it rail yard and got there 12/20/11. Sat there and just delivered to dealer ( think 3 days ago) Saw it this morning when I drove the lot at 6 AM. they called at 11 AM.

I was good with the build date/rail date. Think it sat in the yard too long.

Should pick up on Wednesday after inspection and Linix. Will post thread one truck with pics.

Thanks for asking. Has been a long road....
I think mine was built on/around 12/26 except they plamt may been closed through 1/3?? so I'm guessing I wont see it till late this month

Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM
FishingNut
Elder User
Waiting for my VIN also

Placed the order on the 15th December and am waiting not so patiently for my VIN as well.

350 Lariat Super Cab 4x4 with everything except the kitchen sink (chrome package), Tri coat metallic White with Pale Adobe accent.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
I have my VIN also, but...

The window sticker is not showing up.

I was hoping Powerstroke HD could confirm that I am using the right link, as the preious ones do not work for me. They error out with "file %pdf does not exist". Here is the link:
Untitled Page

I tried it replacing it with my VIN
1FT8X3BT8CEB40392
Untitled Page
Same result.

I did find an alternate address that does work for Ford VIN's (just used the link to window sticker that you find on most ford dealers web sites associated with the vehicle you are viewing), but is a different address than what was posted.
Untitled Page
And it says "the VIN you entered was not found", which makes sense as I was given a build "week" by the dealer and it was Jan 30th.
My understanding of Powerstroke HD's timeline explanation is "it should be 6 days before build". So it could be Monday if it is scheduled to be built today. But I wanted to make sure I was looking in the right place

BTW the above link works for Michael53's VIN
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...7W2BT4CEB04921

Nice truck Michael53

Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If it works for some but not yours, keep checking back (everyday if you're OCD about it like I was with mine!). It'll eventually get there.

I was still able to generate mine using the link below but yours didn't show up, probably not ready yet.

Code:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
If it works for some but not yours, keep checking back (everyday if you're OCD about it like I was with mine!). It'll eventually get there.

I was still able to generate mine using the link below but yours didn't show up, probably not ready yet.

Code:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Yes I am as OCD as you...been checking everyday, but it's killing me.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:27 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FishingNut
Yes I am as OCD as you...been checking everyday, but it's killing me.
Relief is near. Try again in the AM...

Window Sticker

Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 PM
GZip
Senior User
Got my VIN on 1/15. Still looking...

Old 01-28-2012, 09:24 AM
jim48
Elder User
Some people just live right. Mine was three months minus one day. The longest three months of my life. However, I love the truck and it pulls the 34' 5th wheel like it wasn't even there. And I only have a puny 300 HP not the beasts the rest of you have. No problems to date, never been back to the dealer since delivery. Sure hope it stays that way!!!!!

Happy trucking to all.

Jim

Old 01-28-2012, 09:48 AM
GZip
Senior User
Originally Posted by GZip
Got my VIN on 1/15. Still looking...
Update as the sticker showed up this morning:

Ordered: 12/28
VIN: 1/15
Invoiced: 1/27
Estimated Build: 2/3

Estimated delivery: week of 2/20

Old 01-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Pitt4212
Junior User
Trouble

I have two VIN's for the two trucks I ordered and when I click on that link it doesn't give me any place where I can put in my VIN to check on window sticker on my trucks. Any idea's? Thanks

Old 01-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Pitt4212
Junior User
Got it

Never mind searching around some threads I figured out you put your VIN in the address bar at the end right in from of the = Got 1 of the 2 VIN's hopefully my F-350 sticker will be up soon. Raptor is built as ordered!!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally Got my VIN # !