General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Rep history

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
So the question is should we keep the reps and not use them or spread them daily.

Well the problem is why give out reps ***** nilly? It seems that if you have ten to give everyday then thats the goal. I`m guilty but no longer. Back then I repped guys who had actual input on Fords posting rather than postin saying " hey I repped you now rep me back". Not reallt but you understand. Im pretty sure ya`all understnd bu Ive been here a long time

Old 04-02-2012, 07:06 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Spell check is off,,sorry

Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
XX man, If you have forty acres worth of fertiliser and you only have ten acres..... ???
LOL .. that may be why you are ..."number Two "....

Too much crap to spread around ...(tee hee) )

Old 04-02-2012, 07:20 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
If you want to bring Bruce back to the thread, just start telling democrat jokes! hahahahaha
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
I think the only difference between democrat jokes and republican jokes are the names and party affiliation!
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
With the only exception being the jokes about the Dems have a thread of truth to them.

The GOP not so much.

Stewart
OK for you pardner!!!
TOLDJA!
Punch line drum - YouTube

Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, Wolfie is right.

Those northwest guys all got the boot in the end. Disappeared. There was one guy who was the leader and he actually had some good fabricating skills. The rest of them were mostly wannabe's and lame followers of the one leader.
Not all of us northwest members got banned even though the chapter got dissolved.

Ivan and Pro et al. got banned because they loved f-ing with Ken Payne and Ken didn't have much of a sense of humor about it. Other members voluntarily left, still other got banned simply for asking what happened. For a time you couldn't even put "northwest" in a post without moderator reviewing it before it appeared on a board.

And not all of us northwesters participated in the now famous "rep ring" either. Nobody really thought much about the rep ring until Dennis threw a fit because all of a sudden they had as many green dots as he did, and Dennis didn't like that one bit. And Dennis eventually got himself banned for throwing fits.

And not all of us were wannabe lame followers either......................

Old 04-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
As long as we are following the rules set forth by admin , I plan to play along ,(it is a bit of work ) , I will eventually end up back where I started ,page 2 or so (maybe worse ) ..., Most likely , with the higher ups that are not playing along Its more fun than arguing about " facts"with Know it all newbs ....

Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
OK where do I go now?

I closed last night in a rather euphoric mood .
I had hit my 7,000th post on FTE.
My fellow users have done a rather strange thing in giving me enough reputation points to place me in a position among them that I never in my wildest dreams conceived of reaching.
I was feeling better about myself than I had in a long time.

That feeling meant all the more because of some recent life experiences.
I've been through some crap that threatened my very existence in the last couple of months.
I was ready to stop the pain.
The thing that stopped that from happening was the fact that it would have been my daughter that would have found me.

My involvement with FTE has been a crutch that allowed me to avoid thinking of the turmoil I was experiencing.
By posting in the threads and becoming involved in this oh so horrible rep points game with the cooperation of so many I managed to keep my sanity.

Then I start today and read some posts from a few of us that for some reason want to guilt trip the rest of us.
Oh, they phrase things in such a manner that it is themselves that are guilty of some sort of transgression.
But they are not so subtly damning the rest of us.

Part of the irony is that one of them is the first name that I decided to “LIST” for me to spread what is essentially nothing but good wishes.

Another is a Genius that exhibits the mental swings that so many geniuses do.
He sits in a self imposed isolation and at times posts unintelligible ramblings.
Other times the genius shows through.

There are a couple of others that feeling some sort of psychological pressure are caving in to the first two.

Now as for the users that have stood their ground; BRAVO!

The rep point thing is in the end nothing.
Yet to me the support that it gave me in my time of uncertainty has been more than most can ever know.

Now I've written this not knowing if I would even post it.

Alright I've decided to tell the KILLJOYs to kiss my ***!
I'm going to give points when I want to whomever I want and I don't care if I ever get another one myself.

Those of you who feel otherwise I going to ask you to keep your thoughts on the matter out of the thread of which I'm the OP.

Go start a thread where you can deride the process that is occurring.

I have noticed that you haven't posted your thoughts in the EXCURSION thread.

I do hope that I earn your respect and admiration for my posts in the future.
Should you feel that one or more of those post are deserving of rep, I hope that you will give in to that feeling.

I will read your posts.
I will judge those posts.
I will rep your posts if and when I wish.
and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
What are you going to do, go cry "He gave me Rep points"?

I'm so mad I've had to step away from the keyboard at times to keep from telling you people just what I really think of your Sanctimonious position.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by shorebird
OK where do I go now?
Your still in my top 10 list, yes I said "List"!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shorebird
The rep point thing is in the end nothing.
(snip)
I will read your posts.
I will judge those posts.
I will rep your posts if and when I wish.
and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
What are you going to do, go cry "He gave me Rep points"?
Welcome to the revolution.

Rep points are, in the end, worth exactly what you paid for them.

You can't bank them, you can't cash them in, and if you don't use them, you lose them.

The Rep Man cannot get me down.

I am heading out to go all *****-nilly with some rep right now........................

Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Bird , lets have some fun ... Life is too short ... I'm in till we are breaking the rules ... I have been where you have been ...Lets have some fun ...

Lets Do this ...

Old 04-02-2012, 08:53 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
I had set up my REP POINT DELIVERY FOR TODAY around 4 this morning.
I then read the drivel about how we are so wrong with what we've been doing.
I was off to work before I could do the dirty.
I thought off and on about what had been written.
The first thing I did when I got home was GIVE OUT THE POINTS TO THE PEOPLE I HAD LINED UP AT 4am!

I then sat down and worked on my last post above.

BUT FIRST I GAVE OUT THE POINTS I WANTED TO GIVE, OUT TO THE PEOPLE I WANTED TO GET THEM.

ANYONE GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rGIY5Vyj4YM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Luke.............I feel a deep disturbance in the Force.

So it seems, The Empire Strikes Back.........
A few of the "top dogs" might feel a little heat from us up and comers?.......Haha, just kidding.

I find nothing offensive about this thread or where it is going, I will continue to rep my friends where I can.
In the end, rep means less than a fart in a hurricane.........It's just fun.

Isn't that one of the main reasons we are here?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Suburban_B_Gone
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep on keepin' on.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by clux
Not all of us northwest members got banned even though the chapter got dissolved.

Ivan and Pro et al. got banned because they loved f-ing with Ken Payne and Ken didn't have much of a sense of humor about it. Other members voluntarily left, still other got banned simply for asking what happened. For a time you couldn't even put "northwest" in a post without moderator reviewing it before it appeared on a board.

And not all of us northwesters participated in the now famous "rep ring" either. Nobody really thought much about the rep ring until Dennis threw a fit because all of a sudden they had as many green dots as he did, and Dennis didn't like that one bit. And Dennis eventually got himself banned for throwing fits.

And not all of us were wannabe lame followers either......................
Didn't even mean you amigo.
I was only talking about Ivan his group of boys.
I pointed out to Ivan that jacking his truck with a floor jack under his tire was asking for it. His followers attacked me and one of them actually threatened me.

I alway thought you were in Wyoming and never associated you with Ivan and his kids. The were a small tight group and my impression was they all live near each other and go out in the mud together. Didn't mean that everyone in the NW quadrant of the lower 48 was involved at all. And I never was clear on the details.

And Dennis, he was an epic story. And again the details were never clear to me. But it appeared to me that he was trying to claim credit for the existence of FTE, which really got Ken's goat.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Click to enlarge and you will get a better idea of how I'm feeling!

Quick Reply: Rep history