Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 PM
New User

craigemt23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
92 F-150 Think my slave or throwout bearing went?

92 F-150 manual 5speed This morning got up to go to work and after two miles of leaving my driveway my truck started making a screaming noise sounded like it wuz under my feet if i would push my clutch pedal in about a quarter of the way it would stop reagardless of wut gear i wuz in it still did the same thing didnt hardly make it two more miles from when the symptoms started i had no cluch at all my pedal just stays on the floor but clutch is still fully engaged meaning if im in first gear and start my truck im immediatly driving my question is wut wuz the screaming noise i heard and why is my hydralic clutch pedal on the floor is it my throwout bearing internal slave cylinder or both? can they go bad at the same time??
Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Junior User

rquinlans is starting off with a positive reputation.
check pedal to master cylinder linkage
check for fluid rupture on master cylinder and line down to slave
check slave cylinder , look for fluid dripping from bell housing

your could have had a clutch disintegrate and jam momentarily and take out the slave

My experience with my 93 is that when one goes they are all about ready to go , replace them all at the same time.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Senior User

Hawkdriver69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is probably your Slave cylinder. My 94 150 I had did the same thing and it was the slave cylinder. The pedal stayed right on the floor. Luckily mine was not in gear when it happened and I could drag it around to get it fixed.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
92, 94, bearing, clutch, connect, cylinder, f150, ford, height, line, slave, slips, throw, throwout, truck