Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Senior User

john72ss is starting off with a positive reputation.
antifreeze for a 2002 ranger?

ive used prestone for decades, but now i hear somebody tell me the newer rangers cant use it? any thoughts here?
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Freshman User

DavidY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check your owner's manual for the coolant's specs.

My 2010 FX4 requires a specific Ford coolant....Zerex G05 (pale yellow) meets this spec. I have heard that other big brands don't meet Ford's spec.

My 1996 Mazda B3000 didn't seem to have a coolant spec. Always used that green-yellow coolant....may be the truck is too old or back when there weren't many coolant types.

Dave
Old 10-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Senior User

john72ss is starting off with a positive reputation.
well the truck didnt come with a manual, and its passed any ford warrenty, so why not just use prestone like i have for too many years to count?
Old 10-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Elder User

03 Maz B23 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The yellow stuff is formulated differently. Here is an interesting link on the ZErex GO5 (same as the OE) .

http://www.whitfieldoil.com/www/docs...ntifreeze.html

Link to download a manual:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp
Old 11-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Elder User

SoCalSuperDuty03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SoCalSuperDuty03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just did an engine, trans; radiator, engine mounts, etc; in my '02 Ranger, FoMoCo says Ford Gold (which I used), and as DavidY points out, Zerex GO5 is equivalent
05/12, '03, 05/07 6.0, Torqshift, CC, SB, 4WD, FX4 Sport, Sonic Blue/Grey, 8" Edge lift, six Foxes, Fox damper, 38x15.50x18 Toyo M/T's, Weld Renegades, Detroit Locker, 4.30's, Mag-Hytecs, ARP's, Hypermax HG's, Fluidamper, Spearco IC, MBRP 304, Trans; Converter and SCT tuning by John Wood, Custom Trac Bars, Onboard Air, AMP steps.... lots more
Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
It is true that anti-freeze isn't all the same anymore. If you're spec'd to use GO5, use only GO5. Don't mix and match. The newer stuff has better anti corrosion properties to help the aluminum parts, heads, block, radiator (where applicable) last longer.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
02, 03, 2002, 2003, 2011, anti, antifreeze, coolant, edge, ford, freeze, g05, go5, ranger, specification, truck, yellow, zerex