Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 is "older, classic and antique"????

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:25 AM
FirecrackerKTM
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 is "older, classic and antique"????

Ouch! My 95 F150 is the newest vehicle I've ever owned

But hey it's paid for anyway.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FirecrackerKTM

But hey it's paid for anyway.
Amen... And it cheap to keep runing for years to come. New ones are ugly anyways IMO this is the best body style for a work truck(what I use mine for).

Old 10-23-2011, 12:24 PM
FirecrackerKTM
Junior User
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
Amen... And it cheap to keep runing for years to come. New ones are ugly anyways IMO this is the best body style for a work truck(what I use mine for).
I just picked up a little short box reg cab for a daily driver/dirt bike hauler, but I got it from a contractor so it has that "work truck" look lol.

The square bodies were my favorites too, and I found one with the 300 six which I am really sad that they retired. We still have the big block F250 for when we need power, and when I was looking at comparable Toyotas--nothing against them, I've owned three--the Toy V6 gets almost the same gas mileage and has half the torque.

We've had 4 Jeeps between my husband and myself, and we're both big fans of I6s. Not hot rods, but that's OK sometimes (We have the big truck and the Mustang for when we need some power).

So yeah I am pretty happy with my new truck but I do find it funny that it's considered older. Anything made after I was born is not older to me, haha.

Too bad there's not much aftermarket love for anything pre 97.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Mr. Ed
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just picked up an "older" 1995 F-150 extended cab with short bed. I sold and even "older" F-150, a 1989 with 103,000 miles on it. Sold that one for more than I paid for it five years ago. But I needed a 4x4 so it had to go. I too like the square bodies better than the next series rounded bodies. I guess Ford liked the square bodies as well since the newer ones are agian in he squarish style. Go figure.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Old 10-23-2011, 02:08 PM
FirecrackerKTM
Junior User
I had a 77 F150 back in college. Now that I would call "older"! She was gorgeous but kind of a POS.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:26 AM
jmikeyj4
Senior User
lol i currently got my 79 f-150 for college. just upgraded to a 94 f-150 niceee truck

Old 10-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Mr. Ed
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I drove a '69 F-250 as a service truck when I was doing HVAC service. When the contractor I was working for decided to retire it, I told a friend of mine and he bought it and used it for a few years. Then he parked it after one of his guys had an accident. It sat until I inquired about it and then I bought it. But by now it needed a back window, a bed and tailgate and a fender. It still ran good but had a really heavy duty clutch. I found everything I needed but they were all a different colors. A few years of use destroyed my left knee so it had to go. Now that is an "older truck."

Later!
Mr. Ed

Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
tbirdscott
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Get over it guys, they are old trucks. Anything more that 10 years is an old truck. Do you know how old the 90's are now?

New and new to you are different things.

Hate to rain on anybodies parade but it just kills me when i see people asking for 5-6000 for their 20 year old pickup with 2-300 thousand km on it. They ARE old trucks

Scott

Old 10-25-2011, 04:17 PM
nstueve
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
x2... Our trucks are old, and should be cheap... But when taken care of still run like a dream!

Old, Cheap, and Dirty... Just the way i like it... (get ur mind out of the gutter i'm talking about our old trucks! LOL)

Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 PM
7.3lpowerstroke
New User
Theres a reason we like old trucks they where built to a better standard. New vehicles have plastic everywhere even on the bumpers. They build them now for as cheap as possible to come away with a bigger profit. You go to a truck pull and see what year the trucks are that win and you'll see why we like old trucks

Old 10-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by 7.3lpowerstroke
Theres a reason we like old trucks they where built to a better standard. New vehicles have plastic everywhere even on the bumpers. They build them now for as cheap as possible to come away with a bigger profit. You go to a truck pull and see what year the trucks are that win and you'll see why we like old trucks
Plastic is not a bad thing. Its how gas mileage is made ... I dont need a steel bumper, grill and inner fender walls. They just rot like our beds, fenders, cabs and the rest of these old trucks. As long as my seat belt is bolted to a solid steel frame and the bed is also solid I could care less what the rest is made of.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 PM
7.3lpowerstroke
New User
O ya that's just great when u get in a wreck with a plastic bumper just see what happens when an all steel truck hits a new plastic truck it isn't pretty

Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
ya i hate plastic dashs rattle traps, i like the old school steel ones they are shiny and nice.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by 7.3lpowerstroke
O ya that's just great when u get in a wreck with a plastic bumper just see what happens when an all steel truck hits a new plastic truck it isn't pretty
Been there done that... I have been hit by a E350 with 14 passengers at 45 mph Driving a VW jetta (plastic car) safety features have come a long way... Im not stuck in the past. That 60%steel 40% rust bumper is not rated to take any more force then the plastic covered steel bar under it even when it was all steel in the 90's. New remans are even thinner... I dont care if I drive the heap home with a stiff neck . I rather call the ins company and buy a new one.

Dont get me wrong now ... I love my 95 but if its in a crash over 15-20 mph I no longer want it. Its a chunk of replaceable expendable steel to me. I don't get attached to cars or trucks and dont understand how people do. Anything thats been crashed to me is junk... rebuilt right, or not, I move on.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 PM
7.3lpowerstroke
New User
We love them because we put tons of money into them to make them look nice and run better. Where I come from if you are a guy and don't have a truck that sticks out there's something wrong with you. And I love the power you can make out of the motors nothing like today's motors there's such a cluster **** under the hood of electronics you have to pay a mint to make any power then it brakes and is impossible to fix urself

Quick Reply: 95 is "older, classic and antique"????