6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

phone

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phone

well I hve a 12 and sometimes I hit a wrong button on the wheel and the phone goes into redial when im trying to change channels on the radio. The phone gets stuck in redial and I cant get back to radio. How do I un do the button push without turning off my phone and maybe the truck?

Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Sillverback
New User
I do that sometimes. Just push you FM button, or AUX button if your listening to something other than the radio. It will get you back.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:12 PM
unstuckables
Freshman User
I have a 12 and do that occasionally too. I pressed every button on the wheel and the stereo and nothing worked. I had to look it up on the manual...long press the phone button on the wheel and now you are back to the radio.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 PM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by unstuckables
I have a 12 and do that occasionally too. I pressed every button on the wheel and the stereo and nothing worked. I had to look it up on the manual...long press the phone button on the wheel and now you are back to the radio.
Well that worked, first truck I have to read mnual. I think il never understnd it Maybe il get the stuff I use. Thanks

Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
unstuckables
Freshman User
Originally Posted by CornTruckDriver
Well that worked, first truck I have to read mnual. I think il never understnd it Maybe il get the stuff I use. Thanks
Ha! No kidding. I keep discovering new things about this truck every single day. Though, that's not saying much as I'm on my third day of owning this truck. I still can't figure out how to turn on the heated mirrors. Maybe I'll discover that one tomorrow, lol.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:27 PM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Ha! No kidding. I keep discovering new things about this truck every single day. Though, that's not saying much as I'm on my third day of owning this truck. I still can't figure out how to turn on the heated mirrors. Maybe I'll discover that one tomorrow, lol.
only 900 miles on mine and never thought about mirrors, my old ones just came on ,well see. Its like a rolling computer I wish the manual was on dvd

Old 10-22-2011, 09:53 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
they should come on when you activate your rear window defrost.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:00 PM
unstuckables
Freshman User
Originally Posted by cirrus365
they should come on when you activate your rear window defrost.
I tried that earlier today and felt the mirror before and after the button was pressed (a minute or two later). The mirror temp felt the same. Perhaps I was a bit too impatient and didn't give it long enough to heat up. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks!!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
I was real impatient too with the phone thing so I called my mom who has the Sync too. She said she just turned the power off on the radio then back on, that works but not what I was looking for. Just hold down the phone button on the wheel for about 5 sec. just like hanging up a call.
I don't have rear defrost but do have heated mirrors, I have a button just the the mirrors on the thermostat control that a light comes on. It does seem to take about 5 min for the ice and snow to melt.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:03 PM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by kmonty2
I was real impatient too with the phone thing so I called my mom who has the Sync too. She said she just turned the power off on the radio then back on, that works but not what I was looking for. Just hold down the phone button on the wheel for about 5 sec. just like hanging up a call.
I don't have rear defrost but do have heated mirrors, I have a button just the the mirrors on the thermostat control that a light comes on. It does seem to take about 5 min for the ice and snow to melt.
I don't have the heated rear window either, wasn't offered yet. So I downloaded a newer manual, here it is page 87.

REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER (IF EQUIPPED) R
The rear defroster control is located on the climate control panel and
works to defrost your rear window from fog and thin ice. If equipped, it
also operates the heated mirror to remove snow and thin ice from the
side mirrors.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM
unstuckables
Freshman User
HA, sweet! thanks ya'll. I suppose I was expecting the mirrors to heat up much faster cause it works if you allow it to heat for long enough.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 PM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
HA, sweet! thanks ya'll. I suppose I was expecting the mirrors to heat up much faster cause it works if you allow it to heat for long enough.
Also remember do NOT use a scrapper on the heated mirrors. It does say that in the owners manual too.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 PM
unstuckables
Freshman User
Originally Posted by kmonty2
Also remember do NOT use a scrapper on the heated mirrors. It does say that in the owners manual too.
Yeah, no kidding...I used to have an 03 F250 with heated mirrors that were always on. I let a friend borrow my truck while I was deployed. He had no clue they were heated mirrors. There was an ice storm the night prior and he decided to scrape the mirrors to remove the ice and in the process he removed some of the mirror with it.

This was the last time anyone has ever borrowed my vehicles.