6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

OK...6.0 Techs...Let's Get a List

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:53 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
OK...6.0 Techs...Let's Get a List

Some, but not all, know who most of our member 6.0 Techs are. However, it would be nice if we could list them here. When I think we have a complete list, I will put it in the Tech Folder.

Roll Call! Sound Off:

Old 09-20-2006, 05:43 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reporting for.....duty?......sir!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:24 AM
GoblesKen
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a tech, but I would think they would be afraid of being inundated with emails. Thier input when provided should be enough for us. There are too many of us and is not right to expect a tech to provide an answer when they are busy with families and their hobbies.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:25 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GoblesKen
I am not a tech, but I would think they would be afraid of being inundated with emails. Thier input when provided should be enough for us. There are too many of us and is not right to expect a tech to provide an answer when they are busy with families and their hobbies.
Let me be the first to say, thank you for being concerned. When we entered into this profession, it was with the understanding that we would be dealing with quite literally another member of the family, so to speak. This job actually requires you to extend yourself beyond what is normally expected of most occupations. The late night calls from the neighbor because his daughter is stranded, The wife or kids that dont have enough money for repairs. There is a lot more "hazards" for us than meets the eye. Most techs are more than happy to stand up and proudly proclaim " Im a mechanic, bring it to me, I can fix it!" When you love what you do, there is no deterrent that can make you back down. We will endure working on hot engines, poor pay, less than appreciative customers, and rediculous costs of tools( I just paid off my $11,000 toolbox), and come back the next day for more. Again, thank you, and just bring it on!

Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 AM
daveshan
Junior User
vloney if all (or even half) of the Ford tech's/engineers had your attitude Ford would rule the auto world, and the 6.0 wouldn't have the rep' it does.
Thanks

Old 09-20-2006, 10:19 AM
bneafus
Elder User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vloney
Let me be the first to say, thank you for being concerned. When we entered into this profession, it was with the understanding that we would be dealing with quite literally another member of the family, so to speak. This job actually requires you to extend yourself beyond what is normally expected of most occupations. The late night calls from the neighbor because his daughter is stranded, The wife or kids that dont have enough money for repairs. There is a lot more "hazards" for us than meets the eye. Most techs are more than happy to stand up and proudly proclaim " Im a mechanic, bring it to me, I can fix it!" When you love what you do, there is no deterrent that can make you back down. We will endure working on hot engines, poor pay, less than appreciative customers, and rediculous costs of tools( I just paid off my $11,000 toolbox), and come back the next day for more. Again, thank you, and just bring it on!
Been a firefighter/paramedic for 27 years. How cool to hear the same devotion to the job that I see from my people!!Kudos to you and Thanks!!...Brian

Old 09-20-2006, 11:13 AM
usroute66
Senior User
Vloney

Thanks to you and the other techs online. Daveshan is correct! I live in SoCal, the car capital of the US with more Ford dealers than anywhere, yet I have to drive around 60 miles one way to get to the only dealer that has 1) two service writers who know their stuff, and 2) 6 diesel techs who actually can diagnois and make proper repairs. People like being loyal to their dealer, but sometimes I think some dealers have forgotten what that means. Again, thanks for your continued time.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:09 PM
CanadaGuy
Elder User
Yo!!!
Long days and late nights are what you get when you work on these things. But, I can't complain, everyday is a new adventure, and just when you think you've seen it all, you get that 2004 F-550 that I'm taking a sanity break from right now. I am one of 3 diesel techs at my dealer... the car techs won't even go near one of these things even if they only need a push. I guess we are a rare breed, but it's fun!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:35 PM
big inch
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Count me in. I try to help out here when I can, but my life has gotten rather busy lately.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:56 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
***Bump***

Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm a tech at a Ford dealer but I only work on diesels when the diesel techs are busy or not there.
And that's the way uhuh uhuh I like it uhuh uhuh.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not a diesel tech... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I am not ASE certified, but I am PBR certified)...
(That's Pabst Blue Ribbon beer for you young bucks out there.)

So, what problem can I help you with?

Jeff

Old 09-21-2006, 08:57 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Looks like you've been a little deep into the PBR's tonight.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kw5413
Looks like you've been a little deep into the PBR's tonight.
PBR, Hamms, Falstaff, Point, Schaffers, Schlitz.... yep... sitting in my hotel room in Chicago having a beer or two... or three... or four!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
BowTieHatr is absent! Racer Guy is quoting KC and the Sunshine Band and BBC is swilling brews. Had a few Sam Adams this evening myself. What a thread and what a forum! Anyway, I'm outta here for a few days Gentlemen, closing weekend in A-Zone, maybe I'll get lucky....

BTW Keith, I like "The Texas Hammer". When can we get T-shirts?

Quick Reply: OK...6.0 Techs...Let's Get a List