Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > New Mexico Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: CelticDevilDog

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Postmaster

beartracks is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don Chalmers Ford Service Problems

Don Chalmers Ford in Rio Rancho.

First off let me say that when I bought my 2005 Mustang GT there in 2005 it was a very good experience. I specifically recommend doing business with Frank Cordova who used to live next to me.

Now for the service department:

The first year there was a well known problem with the fuel gauge and a TSB issued. When I took it in they absolutely refused to apply the TSB and do the repair. It was "Costing them too much money". I went all the way to the regeonal manager with no satisfaction.

A couple of weeks ago I took it in for a problem with the CMCV actuator. I asked for the old part so I could check it out. They did not save the part and would not answer my "E" mails about it. Makes me wonder what they actually did. They also charged me for a "diagnosis, $110. Most places refund the diagnosis if you have the repairs done. I also had informed them of the actual Trouble code and what it meant. Takes about 2 minutes to read the code. That's about $3,000 an hour to do what I already did.

Just so you know. I'll never go back there again.

Bear

1977 F-100 Ranger XLT,400,C6,GV
Mod's Listed in Gallery

Click Here To Help Support FTE
Old 08-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Internet Brands

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
I know a very good guy at Rich ford...let me know
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 08-26-2011, 04:48 PM