2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped off for a Recall.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dropped off for a Recall.....

OK so I dropped my baby off for a recall today at the Ford dealer near my house. Who wants to place bets that they call me and tell me something needs to be done to my truck later this afternoon?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
dtingle89
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i can almost guarantee it. is it the airbag wire harness chafe recall?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Richmond or Universal Ford Drew? Richmond did my clockspring recall a couple months back.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Yeah its the airbag recall I lost the letter about it in the mess that was my desk and finally found it again last night as I was cleaning two months worth of work and pile up off if it. I took it to Universal as they are less then 2 miles away.

I have to report they called and said it was ready without telling me something else had to be done. Now lets see what they say when I pick it up here shortly. I did have two salesman try to sell me a new truck while I was on the lot waiting for my ride this morning and then one other guy who was looking at trucks ask the salesman if he could look at mine.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
greg1971
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Coskid
Yeah its the airbag recall I lost the letter about it in the mess that was my desk and finally found it again last night as I was cleaning two months worth of work and pile up off if it. I took it to Universal as they are less then 2 miles away.

I have to report they called and said it was ready without telling me something else had to be done. Now lets see what they say when I pick it up here shortly. I did have two salesman try to sell me a new truck while I was on the lot waiting for my ride this morning and then one other guy who was looking at trucks ask the salesman if he could look at mine.

LOL. That is too funny! I took mine in for the same thing and it only took them a few minutes to do it, in the meantime I was on the lot and the salesmen came out like hornets trying to get me to trade.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Yeah made me feel good about my truck that some random guy wanted to take a look at it.

Anyway I picked it up and they said everything was in good shape I am amazed they didn't try to push some other service on me or something.

I could of waited for it this morning as they said it wouldn't take long but I didn't have the time right then and said I would be back in the area later in the day so they took their time to get to mine.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:26 PM
truwest1
Freshman User
That's funny about the sales guys, but I can tell you when I took my '05 5.4 in for a misfire on cylider #2, the service guys all scattred like hornets running FROM a bottle of Black Flag!!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 PM
greg1971
Freshman User
Originally Posted by truwest1
That's funny about the sales guys, but I can tell you when I took my '05 5.4 in for a misfire on cylider #2, the service guys all scattred like hornets running FROM a bottle of Black Flag!!

LOL. The dealer I went to couldn't even start my vehicle as it has a factory theft immobilzer.All you have to do is push the disarm on the keychain phlob..DUHHH. They had to find me in the parking lot to tell them how to start the vehicle. I knew not to take it there if I ever have any problems.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
I had a friend who used to own an Audi and he took it to an Audi dealership and the moron trying to pull the car into the service area could not get it into reverse because he wasn't shifting it into the wrong slot. Audi's like VW have the reverse in front of 1st gear and this guy didn't know that. You would think dealerships would make sure there guys knew these little things about the vehicles they are working around.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 AM
greg1971
Freshman User
I had a friend who used to own an Audi and he took it to an Audi dealership and the moron trying to pull the car into the service area could not get it into reverse because he wasn't shifting it into the right slot. Audi's like VW have the reverse in front of 1st gear and this guy didn't know. You would think dealerships would make sure there guys knew these little things about the vehicles they are working around.

LOL. If he can't find reverse on a car I bet he can't find the G-spot on a girl either! Ha Ha

Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 AM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
I have the paper for the same recall on the fridge. I haven't made an appointment yet because I feel they will try to say something needs tending to. Maybe I might get lucky like you did and they will just fix it and be done.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
greg1971
Freshman User
Originally Posted by fordtruckman
I have the paper for the same recall on the fridge. I haven't made an appointment yet because I feel they will try to say something needs tending to. Maybe I might get lucky like you did and they will just fix it and be done.

You should be OK. How would they know if you need anything else by just replacing a wire harness anyway..ya know. They shouldn't be looking under the vehicle, plugging into the computer codes, scoping the engine, transmission or other just the wiring of the airbag, period.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM
70f100longbed
Fleet Mechanic
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
At my dealer we are supposed to inspect the vehicle and look it over for anything it may need. Ford pushes it to all the dealers its called a Multipoint Inspection. We check the fluids, battery, and tires on everything and inform the customer of any issues. It's meant to be a courtesy service to let the customer know the condition of their vehicle. Most people only put gas in and the majority of vehicles that come in need maintenance. We never try to sell stuff the vehicle doesn't need. Think of it this way, if you take your truck in for the recall and have a tire with steel belts showing wouldn't you want to know about it?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 AM
greg1971
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 70f100longbed
At my dealer we are supposed to inspect the vehicle and look it over for anything it may need. Ford pushes it to all the dealers its called a Multipoint Inspection. We check the fluids, battery, and tires on everything and inform the customer of any issues. It's meant to be a courtesy service to let the customer know the condition of their vehicle. Most people only put gas in and the majority of vehicles that come in need maintenance. We never try to sell stuff the vehicle doesn't need. Think of it this way, if you take your truck in for the recall and have a tire with steel belts showing wouldn't you want to know about it?

I agree with you there. Anyone who has steel belts showing obviously doesn't take care of their vehicles or doesn't pay for the vehicle such as a fleet car. Ladies get ripped off the most I would think. The Ford PM program would be good as long as you have a good reputation and not just looking to produce revenue for something you don't need.

Have a good weekend!

Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 AM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,288 Likes on 1,089 Posts
Yeah made me feel good about my truck that some random guy wanted to take a look at it.
Unless he was on the "payroll"?????

J/K ..... you have a nice truck, and many are looking for well taken care of older trucks in this economy. I'm sure he was legit as I too was looking hard far and wide two years ago for about 5 weeks.

What blew my mind was a buddy trading his 30K miles 09 Platinum Screw 5.4 for a new $25K Ranger Scab 4.0?

Quick Reply: Dropped off for a Recall.....