N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

June open chat thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm for it Tim. Have to include Donna in that gtg, you will have a lot in common with her.

Firefighters and all that.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Heck I would not mind coming...a bit of a drive but

Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Tim
Heck I would not mind coming...a bit of a drive but
I'm sure the air's a bit easier to breath up here.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:50 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hiya everyone!

WOOHOO...it's Weds! Have a great day

Old 06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by TigerDan
Where in Mendocino County? I used to live in Boonville and Ukiah.
I lived in Redwood Valley for like1 -2 yrs. I went to the middle school 1981-82ish? & dated a guy from Ukiah. My friend/neighbor Stacy Cunningham & I would hang out w/ her boyfriend Bill Boatwright & Lonny Galletti (mine) we'd all go dbl. dating & kick back. LOL! Wow...those were the days!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:25 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I moved to Mendo County from Shasta County in '85, lived in Boonville for about 4 years then moved to Ukiah, then back to Boonville after three years. Moved over here to Lake County in about '98 and been here pretty much ever since.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
I was just at Dopplegangers Brewery in Minden the other day sipping on a cold beer when I heard some folks at the bar saying that Black Mountain Hotshots are down there too. I would think most all of the local fire crews in Northern Nevada and Northern Cal, especially hand crews are down that way now since there really aint much going on in our neck of the woods, or anywhere else other than the Southwest for that matter... Well, not yet anyway.

Hope all is well for you down there in AZ IBTim.

Olfthfl, that's a nice lookin' bumpside Ford in your signature. What part of Carson City are you living. I'm just South of you, Markleeville.

Hey Bruce (Bdox). Got your PM. Let's get together one of these days. Long time no see.
Hi Tim,
Wow, I didn't know you were so close (kinda)! We go to the Woodfords or Markleeville for Lotto tickets a few times a year! Hell, had I known that, we could've met up somewhere. I live in MoundHouse, down the street from ThunderBowl Speedway. If your into TT/Flat track,, come out & watch/race this Saturday night! Races start at 6pm! I'm the EMT, so I have to be there by 4:30.
Hope to see you there.

Bruce - Are you going to come out to ThunderBowl on Sat. or maybe go to Top Gun on Sunday? I'll be at both if you can make it to one of them, it would be great to see you again!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bdox
I'm for it Tim. Have to include Donna in that gtg, you will have a lot in common with her.

Firefighters and all that.
WOOHOO!...I'm game. The Genoa Bar is pretty centrally located for all of us I think? Can't bring Olfthfl though, because she's in the shop again. Needs a new 2 barrel carb. or maybe I'll change out the manifold & go to a 4 barrel! Make her a 10 sec. 1/4 mile truck!

Old 06-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Great Donna, don't forget the price of gas..........

Tim, what's your schedule? Which way do you travel to work?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
... Morning all

Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 AM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Last night I got my gears put in the ol 67. Hopefully gain me some mpg for a while. Got the whole 9" minus brakes for $90. It's a wonderful difference, and wish I had done that after I bought the truck 5 years ago. They're 2.75's, and the old ones were 3.55's. I almost could have gone with a 2.50, but those arent so easy to find anymore. It likes the highway speeds now, and not doggy like I was expecting. Still plenty peppy.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:56 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning Bruce, Tim, Tim, & Nor Cal!

Hope everyone has a awesome day!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Yes dear... LOL! (going with a manifold & 4 barrel anyway)
Might as well change her over now while I can get a fairly cheap manifold & my neighbor is "giving" me a 4 barrel carb. Can't beat that!
I rarely drive her anyway. Just for car shows & cruise nights, unless the other vehicles break down. Then she's my daily driver. Besides, I want to take her to Top Gun Raceway one of these days & see if she'll do a 10 sec. 1/4 mile!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Hi Tim,
Wow, I didn't know you were so close (kinda)! We go to the Woodfords or Markleeville for Lotto tickets a few times a year! Hell, had I known that, we could've met up somewhere. I live in MoundHouse, down the street from ThunderBowl Speedway. If your into TT/Flat track,, come out & watch/race this Saturday night! Races start at 6pm! I'm the EMT, so I have to be there by 4:30.
Hope to see you there.

Bruce - Are you going to come out to ThunderBowl on Sat. or maybe go to Top Gun on Sunday? I'll be at both if you can make it to one of them, it would be great to see you again!
Wow, guess we're neighbors. Yeah, I cant' believe the people willing to stand in lines for lotto tickets at the local vendors out here when the big win $$ gets up there.
I hope we can meet up soon. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I ended up on a real nasty traffic accident yesterday and was kinda feelin' funky last night. I wasn't involved in the accident but just happened to be there right after it happened and felt compelled to try to assist with patient care. I guess I still have a hankerin to respond to emergencies, even though I technically retired... ...Yeah, right. Anyway, I lost a patient and kinda felt crappy. I'm better now though.
Races sounds cool. I knew a guy who raced TT - Flat Track, way back when I was a kid in Gardena (Ascott Park). He hit the wall and was kinda messed up in the spine from the collision, but a good guy. Wild, as he was, he sure liked to party.
I'd enjoy a meet at the races in Moundhouse. This weekend, though, I'm probably going to try and hide from the Carson Valley Days Crowds. But you never know, we'll see. How much is admission? Post up a schedule of events.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:17 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver

Hey Bruce, I am working Monday through Friday. Geeze, I never thought I'd work that schedule. Kinda spoiled from my 24 hour shifts and lots of days off. Anyway, I travel to North to Minden for work. Out by the Minden Airport.

Quick Reply: June open chat thread!