New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

To whom it may concern....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 12:03 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not just another FORD owner, and yet I am not a renowned automotive historian either - be that as it may I have a story to tell, and you can find it at the link below.

I am not selling anything - or if I am it is purely a way of thinking about things. PROPAGANDA, - that kind of garbage....

But I believe it to be GOOD garbage, if you can imagine such a thing.

Since the beginning of the year I have been involved with the restoration of a notable "MOTORCAR", a "CORD" - which was manufactured by the Auburn Automobile Company of Auburn Indiana in the mid thirties....

But anyway: If you didn't know - here you go!

Updates are going to be coming thick and fast at www.forevercord.com as I spend the little time I have between deployments racing to get my fathers legacy under wraps.

Anyone who has been following this - I don't know if you realised it was all happening in Southern California

- San Diego as a matter of fact.

I have tomorrow. Sunday I have to be back aboard, so anything I'm going to do I have to finish up tomorrow.

Updates will be done to the website, and I narrowly avoided having the provider close the account because they are paid out of an account I seldom use for anything anymore (Oop! I forgot about it - FIRE ME!!!).

But yeah - I guess I'm one of the few people around who can say I only own wheels from one of two manufacturers:

FORD and CORD!

~Wolf

Old 03-22-2003, 07:38 AM
theonlybull
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. looks like you've got quite a job on your hands..... best of luck with it... in my family, it seems to be tractors that stick around.... we've still got my great grandfather's 45 farmall A

Old 03-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My dad was a HUGE fan of the cord, great site WOLF!!

Old 03-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Gwilkrrs
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

i learned a lot from this site! good job wolf

Old 03-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wolf, looking forward to your updates. I think I'll be learning something from them. I am absolutely clueless when it comes to the Cord.

Old 03-22-2003, 11:25 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATED!!!

The Cord is now in it's new home - and waiting for me to do a thorough washing of it.....

I can't help noting that everywhere I go, I seem to run into more and more people who know what a CORD is - and have an idea what it means...

Except the younger folks - and I suppose that's why I'm doing this more than any other reason I can think of.

So that the great thoughts of yesteryear are not lost in time...

We should remember the treasures of our own spirits, expressed in engineering and craftsmanship - and at any cost save them for future generations to see, think about, and hopefully understand...

I recommend that as you visit the site - if you have been there before, you should click on "refresh" to acquire new content that has been added. Browsers store pages, and present the stored pages first unless they are instructed otherwise...

I have a lot of stuff I haven't shown on the site yet, because I'm operating with a scheduling deficit...

"I GOT NO TIME, MAN!!"

- But I'm making it happen as I go along.

Lot's of new stuff, check it out!

~Wolf

PS: YETI - Nice hoots, man. Is she single???

Old 03-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Nutter
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excelent site you've put together Wolf

When I get my back up to snuff and get back on the road again. I'd sure love to have the oportunity to take some down time in Diego, and have a "coolie" and some BS'n with you, while lookin that awsome display of American automotive history.