6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

What new thing did you learn about your 2011 SuperDuty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Big_Daddy_O
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iggy2
Now you need to test it from a red light while on and just floor it and don't let up until you hit 100 mph. The gears will hold longer and the RPM will hit near max. Disclaimer: I didn't tell you to do this.

The little picture is your wife hitting you in the head.
LOL I might more than a hit on the head when the tranny is laying on the ground behind us!

Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 AM
nycsteve
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So it gets hot outside and I look at the dash for the external temperature reading and cant find it. I knew the truck had one but couldnt remember exactly where it was. I started wondering if the probe got disconnected or something. Dug through the manual for 20 minutes and couldnt find it. By accident I hit the EXT button on the climate control button cluster, and presto! , its back, on the climate control display.

Last edited by nycsteve; 05-26-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: cant spell
Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM
DirtEngineer
New User
Best thing I've learned so far is that you can name the different trailers you pull, and it remembers the settings (brake controller gain, etc.) for each trailer specifically. I love this truck.

One thing I'd like to learn (maybe someone else knows) is how to keep the engine running with the Powercode Remote Start after you've been running with the key. On my last vehicle, all I had to do was press the remote start button, and the engine would keep running allowing me to remove the key. On this F250, it doesn't do that. Any suggestions?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
From what I have read in the manual, that is not possible. Just erase the MyKey and it will work the way you want it to. Or use the other key that is not setup.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtEngineer
One thing I'd like to learn (maybe someone else knows) is how to keep the engine running with the Powercode Remote Start after you've been running with the key. On my last vehicle, all I had to do was press the remote start button, and the engine would keep running allowing me to remove the key. On this F250, it doesn't do that. Any suggestions?
I tried a number of different button combinations and didn't have any luck. Heck, even the 9 year old alarm/remote start unit I had in my 2000 let me pull the key out without killing the truck.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:39 AM
HillHunter
Junior User
Originally Posted by kmonty2
The one thing that I have found out. You better order the back up camera. I did not and now regret it. It would make parking so much easier.
I really like the back up camera.. I hook to a bunch of bumper pull trailers and I can get it lined up just right on the first try every time that is a time saver for sure.

If I were you I would buy the aftermarket kit and install it..

Old 05-27-2011, 07:07 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
Already have been looking at them. Just can't decide if I want the camera in the mirror, on a aftermarket radio, or just a separate screen.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Beach_Bob
Senior User
Originally Posted by kmonty2
Already have been looking at them. Just can't decide if I want the camera in the mirror, on a aftermarket radio, or just a separate screen.
I am surprised how well the camera in the mirror combo works. I wasn't sure when I bought my truck if it was going to be too small, but it isn't. Also, looking into the rear view mirror when backing up is a very natural thing to do; I haven't figured out how guys are backing up looking down at the console.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
I don't even use the camera (nav unit) when I'm backing my trailer in. I use it mostly to line up the hitch, otherwise it's all mirrors (or noises if I hit something, lol).

Old 05-27-2011, 03:59 PM
butch50
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
I don't even use the camera (nav unit) when I'm backing my trailer in. I use it mostly to line up the hitch, otherwise it's all mirrors (or noises if I hit something, lol).
I use the crunch or bang method also . I haven't hitched up one of my bumper pulls yet but am looking forward to the camera (nav unit) for some assistance. I was pretty good with my Dodge as I could back up and be lined up and stop the first time in line and about a foot from the hitch. Get out and look and then back on up to the hitch. Usually got it the first attempt unless I was having an off day and then it seemed like I would move this way and that trying to get things lined up. Am I the only one that when it seems to work the first time all is great but if you don't get it then it seems like it takes forever?

One thing I have noticed when hitching my 5er is the center rear seat head rest is sure in the way. I have to fold down my seat back on the drivers side so I can see the hitch and guide the pin in. Does anybody that is towing a 5er notice this and do you have any other suggestions as it makes it hard when you have the seat folded up for storage on the rear floor? I would really like to take out the center head rest but it appears that it is not removeable.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:17 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by butch50
Am I the only one that when it seems to work the first time all is great but if you don't get it then it seems like it takes forever?

One thing I have noticed when hitching my 5er is the center rear seat head rest is sure in the way. I have to fold down my seat back on the drivers side so I can see the hitch and guide the pin in. Does anybody that is towing a 5er notice this and do you have any other suggestions as it makes it hard when you have the seat folded up for storage on the rear floor? I would really like to take out the center head rest but it appears that it is not removeable.
No your not the only one. For me, I am faster when there is nobody else with me. I can line it right up then it's just how far back to go. When my dad or wife is with me, I am always to the left or right and I still have to get out and look. They both keep trying to tell me which way to turn the steering wheel, not which way to go with the back end.

I did notice the middle headrest issue. I was backing into my driveway to unload, and saw that is going to be a problem.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
iggy2
Senior User
Has anyone done this?

I have a Supercab and was wondering if the rear seats can be removed?
The main question is if I plan a long trip and need a little more space.
I looked at the rear seat but can't figure out how it is mounted to the rear of the cab. I'm sure some secret push in and pull up is the answer but haven't figured it out yet.

Anyone else try this? I was also told the rear headrest were bolted to the rear of the cab.

So how do you get the back of the rear seat out in a Supercab?

Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 AM
titanizer
New User
thanks for asking igg2. i'm also interested in knowing how to get the back seat back out of the supercab. so,post up all you knowlegeable guys

Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Not sure about removing the seats entirely but the rear center head rest is removeable, mine is sitting on my ATV in the garage. I took it out because it blocked my view as well.

You have to dig your hands between the headrest and seat and you'll feel the button on the base in there, just push it in and lift up.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:31 AM
titanizer
New User
Thanks Siverbullet; on my way out to give it a try.

Quick Reply: What new thing did you learn about your 2011 SuperDuty?