6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

6 weeks later, it arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 PM
blue oval fan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 weeks later, it arrived!

well im new to the forum and also new to the diesel world. i did a lot of research before ordering the new 6.7 and also looked at dodge/gm to make sure i was buying what seemed to be making the owners in the truck world happy. my buddy bought a 2011 chevy that i test drove and i test drove the dodge - both diesels. the 2011 chevy keeps going to the dealer becasue his DEF keeps freezing in the tank, seems to be a problem for quite a few gm owners? and the dodge just didnt impress me as much as the ford or gm. so after driving all 3 and adding in what everyone was saying on these forums about each truck i decided to go with the ford.. again. i sold my 2003 f250 5.4 for the new 6.7. if i had the money, i would have kept the 03 simply cause it was my first 'super duty' and it had that special place in my heart haha. it was hard signing it over, but so worth it!! im in love all over again with this new truck! the comfort i think is the best of all 3 trucks and the difference of the power at your foot between the 5.4 and this 6.7 seems unlimited, and i love it im like a kid in the candy store - i cant get out of it haha! but if you were to ask me, i think that motor trend screwed up the 2011 truck of the year... just my opinion!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
christaylor
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!!! I am itching to get one but have not been able to yet.

Got Pics? I love pics!!!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice write up...congrats on the truck

Old 03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
GreenballsFX4
Junior User
congrats fellow super duty owner

Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM
blue oval fan
Senior User
Originally Posted by christaylor
Congrats!!! I am itching to get one but have not been able to yet.

Got Pics? I love pics!!!
i was trying to find out how to upload pics, but as a new user i couldnt figure it out! help? haha

Old 03-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Shepardsonp
Tuned
I just got my VIN # on mine today!!! Can't Wait!!! My neighbor has the 2011 Dodge - drove it and it confirmed why i have always been a Ford guy! Picks are a PIA here and i don't mean lights

Old 03-09-2011, 10:47 PM
blue oval fan
Senior User
Originally Posted by Shepardsonp
I just got my VIN # on mine today!!! Can't Wait!!! My neighbor has the 2011 Dodge - drove it and it confirmed why i have always been a Ford guy! Picks are a PIA here and i don't mean lights

i have the pictures downloaded on the computer, i just dont know how to upload them on here ha! and holy cow, i know your feeling of waiting! from the day i ordered till i got it, it seemed like the longest 6 weeks of my life!!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IIRC you need 25 posts before you can do pics...and other things like signature and avatar

Old 03-10-2011, 01:44 AM
PITS
Elder User
My 6 weeks is winding down...in fact it is only going to be 5 weeks for me. I ordered on Valentine's day and it gets delivered on 3/21. Got my VIN today and printed out my window sticker.

I am stoked too!

Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 AM
seanjackmc
Senior User
I just took delivery yesterday of my new gal. You guys are gonna crap your pants. They are soooo sweet. Blueoval how about to details on your new ride. The one in my sig is gone so disregard that. I need to update as soon I get kids to school.
The greatest part of this whole thing is I get to volunteer to take the kids everywhere, I look like husband of the year and get to drive the truck around!
STM

Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
blue oval fan
Senior User
Originally Posted by rickatic
IIRC you need 25 posts before you can do pics...and other things like signature and avatar

^ thanks for the help! had no clue about the 25 posts thing, i guess i should start posting haha

Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 AM
blue oval fan
Senior User
Originally Posted by seanjackmc
I just took delivery yesterday of my new gal. You guys are gonna crap your pants. They are soooo sweet. Blueoval how about to details on your new ride. The one in my sig is gone so disregard that. I need to update as soon I get kids to school.
The greatest part of this whole thing is I get to volunteer to take the kids everywhere, I look like husband of the year and get to drive the truck around!
STM

i ordered a vermillion red 250 CC lariat FX4 with everything but the nav system, i didnt see myself using that much, especially for the price. i got the 20" wheels cuase i wasnt too crazy about the lariat wheels. i also bought the extended warranty being this is a new powertraine and not knowing much about diesels in general - also with the last two diesel motor problems from ford 6.0 n 6.4 i just thought it was a good idea, plus if i dont use the warranty the dealer says i get the money back - so lets hope that happens!!! and like you i have been volunteering to drive everywhere! i feel like everyone is turning their heads to check out the rig as it drives by. for me its just a lot of fun to drive. plus the mpg's more doubled my '03 250 5.4.. im not used to getting 15.5 mpg average, i think thats pretty impressive when you think about how much this new truck weighs and compared to the 6.4 and 6.0. im just all around impressed with this truck, and like i said earlier in this thread.. i think motor trend messed up!! lol

Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM
MidMichigan
Junior User
Congratulation!
Mine has been ordered for 3 weeks, still no VIN number. I am trying to be patient.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Congrats on the truck and welcome to FTE. 25 posts go pretty quick. Just enter in. That vermillion red is freakin gorgeous! Party on.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 PM
RogerM
Junior User
Pick up new white Lariat, super cab, long bed, 5th. wheel prep on Tuesday evening. Wow sweet. It was 6 weeks to the day. 3 for it to built and 3 for it to be delivered.

I have a problem, the wife thinks it's hers. I come home from work yesterday and its parked in the wrong direction, she doesn't back in the driveway very well. Check the milage and she has driven it more than me. And she says she needs it to go to Port Townsend on Saturday. She says it rides great, it's quite and doesn't stink like a diesel.

Wait a minute you don't like to drive my trucks.

So today she drives in to my work this afternoon in the rain, getting my truck dirty, just to show off and guess who will wash it, it won't be her.

I think I have a big problem especially since I have a company vheicle for work and don't drive mine to or from.

Quick Reply: 6 weeks later, it arrived!