1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Does This Make Me A Bad Person?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
choptop49ford
More Turbo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I happen to like my faded old paint and rust. The sheet metal that is on my truck was bolted on it in 1948. how many of the people on here bit*ching about a little rust have REAL FORD STEEL not that worthless fiberglass crap or a small block chevy just because IT was cheaper than building a ford engine. just because my truck doesnt have a new shiny paint job doesnt mean that i built it on the cheap. price a jag rear over an 8.8" or a 9". I have a rack (seen in one of my truck pics) FULL of 9" rears that I can not get rid of. then there is the mustang front end, griffin radiator, new c6, and dont get me started on the money I have invested in building a high performance FE. you can build SEVERAL sbc's for what i have in my FE. The barn fresh look is just a style and preferance just the same as the shiny or the fiberglass parts that have no soul or history. As far as safety goes my truck rides like a dream at 130 mph with no worries when I have felt like showing up a little jap car on the interstate. I have a lot of time, work and money in my ride and im proud as hell of it, and I'm willing to bet that I have more money in my 'rusty monstorsity' than SOME of the rides on here with shiny paint and a sbc. my 2 cents

Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 289 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
Trucks with other brand motors get bashed here...
I see no problem with that.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
Trucks with other brand motors get bashed here,but then again, This is a ford forum.I'm the owner of one of those trucks and the only thing i can do about the bashing is bit*c.Everybody has a right to their opinion about me and my truck and i can respect that.
it makes me mad that some people have the advantage of having a well equipped shop and the ability to make a great hot rod but instead they do a vehicle with the only intention to scare''women and kids''.
I promise I will not say anything about any other brand engines again. I was trying to joke around. I'm sorry!!

From now on I'll keep my opinions all to myself. I'll just go back to waiting for the snow to melt so I can start building my junk again in my driveway.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:05 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by ibuzzard
Lol.

choptop49ford, your truck is a nice old truck. Basically a wolf in sheep's clothing. My IH KB2 is the same way.

I don't consider an old truck looking old as a rat rod, but an old truck. Rat rods to me are the "pieced together from several makes and models with no flow whatsoever" type. And I'm good friends with two well-recognized rat-rod clubs, so my definition stands. (for me anyway, lol)

Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ibuzzard
neither do I but some people do and here come the sbc bashing again!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Originally Posted by fordman75
I promise I will not say anything about any other brand engines again. I was trying to joke around. I'm sorry!!

From now on I'll keep my opinions all to myself. I'll just go back to waiting for the snow to melt so I can start building my junk again in my driveway.
Your ok...you are welcome with your opinions....

Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Originally Posted by choptop49ford
I happen to like my faded old paint and rust. The sheet metal that is on my truck was bolted on it in 1948. how many of the people on here bit*ching about a little rust have REAL FORD STEEL not that worthless fiberglass crap or a small block chevy just because IT was cheaper than building a ford engine. just because my truck doesnt have a new shiny paint job doesnt mean that i built it on the cheap. price a jag rear over an 8.8" or a 9". I have a rack (seen in one of my truck pics) FULL of 9" rears that I can not get rid of. then there is the mustang front end, griffin radiator, new c6, and dont get me started on the money I have invested in building a high performance FE. you can build SEVERAL sbc's for what i have in my FE. The barn fresh look is just a style and preferance just the same as the shiny or the fiberglass parts that have no soul or history. As far as safety goes my truck rides like a dream at 130 mph with no worries when I have felt like showing up a little jap car on the interstate. I have a lot of time, work and money in my ride and im proud as hell of it, and I'm willing to bet that I have more money in my 'rusty monstorsity' than SOME of the rides on here with shiny paint and a sbc. my 2 cents
No,seriously - Tell us how you really feel.Let us empower you... going forward......back in the day...old skool......

Old 02-25-2011, 08:14 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Originally Posted by fordman75
I promise I will not say anything about any other brand engines again.
Thank you,your services,while always valued,will no longer be required. LOL!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 127 Posts
Guys I dislike as much as the next guy and I believe in letting people know my thoughts, usually to my detrement (maybe that is why I don't get promoted at work) but I was just trying to say is if we know the guy destroyed good parts to make them look like **** then let him have it but maybe he picked up stuff from somebody else who is responsible. I don't want to get kicked in the nuts because I saved somebody elses crap and decided to use it.

I too do not like the chevy motor in a Ford or any other crossbreeding, I feel like it is the easy way out.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:05 PM
gusbratz
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess that is the deal with living in a free country. you get to do what you like weather everybody else likes it or not. and conversley other people get to do what they like weather you like it or not. it is a simple concept but most people don't seem to get it.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

true rat rod

YouTube - Funny Arab Car
For me 350 was the easiest/cheaper.I got a chance to buy a 1951 f2,V8 flat head not running,lots of rust,50 miles from me,no title for a 1000 dollars.
It was either that or my 1951: f1 350, running, disc brakes, power steering, 99% rust free ,no dents, volare front end for 2300 hundred,195 miles from me.
I chose the second option,took me 2 weeks to start driving it and it drives beautifully on the freeway at 70 75 mph,very smooth and it even runs cold,at 170 degrees....hell the truck doesn't even leak from anywhere...why fix something ain't broken,,,in the end I'm very happy with the 350 and when it gives up on me I'll then replace it with a flattie...

Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
WOW! I'm impressed

Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

ouch!ouch and ouch!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:04 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
What was the question again???????

Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Originally Posted by tinman52
What was the question again???????
If you think kicking some guy in the cojones makes you a bad person????
hahahahhhahahahha

Quick Reply: Does This Make Me A Bad Person?