2009-2011 Tow Mirrors Deal Alert!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by joezex
dcorry, and all

here are some pics of where to find that brown wire in the wire harness for the marker lights right by the driver seat..it runs ALL THE WAY BACK to the rear taillights. Its the wire with the red splice in it...lol...there are alot of wires in the loom...but it is the ONLY solid brown wire in it with NO stripes....if anyone has any questions just let me know...

You don't have to go half way down the door sill to get the signal wires. They are right at the fuse box under the dash.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Gordon-0
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question, i want to have these same mirrors, but manual operation, since i dont have the power mirror switch in my door. i would like to have the signal lights, but it looks like i have to get power/heated mirrors. is this true?

Old 10-02-2011, 04:17 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yupp. But you can manually adjust the power mirrors. I dont know if its good for them, but you can do it.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
labman1014
Elder User
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
You don't have to go half way down the door sill to get the signal wires. They are right at the fuse box under the dash.
Also right behind the headlight switch.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by labman1014
Also right behind the headlight switch.

And at the illuminated switches in the door.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
nghtrgr
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I poked around on that site...they have 05-07 Harley Headlights for $50 bucks a piece, they are not OEM but at that price I may not be able to pass them up.

Edit.......I guess that is not that great of a deal, after cross checking ebay

Old 10-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Ryanr
Senior User
Hey guys,was just wondering how these mirrors are holding up.Are they the same as the oem mirrors.Can u order the coloured backings for those mirrors from the website.i cant seem to get the prices u guys are getting when i hit check out.Just would like.some general feednack.thanks

Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
here they are right now for $218 each + 7 shipping for you guys. No need to call some guy and get "hooked" up with pricing. Same parant company as the one the OP posted

I'm going to call them Monday and see what the shipping damages will be to me out where I live

Left Mirror P/N: FD129EL-S
08-11 Style Superduty Mirrors - Left
Right Mirror P/N: FD129ER-S
08-11 Style Superduty Mirrors - Right
Originally Posted by Ryanr
Hey guys,was just wondering how these mirrors are holding up.Are they the same as the oem mirrors.Can u order the coloured backings for those mirrors from the website.i cant seem to get the prices u guys are getting when i hit check out.Just would like.some general feednack.thanks
still says $218.58 for each mirror for me. Are you clicking on the links quoted above?

I'm waiting on the shipping quote. If not too terrible I'll place the order in the AM

Old 10-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
I thought they were OEM when I first saw the thread and was reading. After going back and reading again I saw they are aftermarket.

I am all for OEM, fit finish and quality can't be matched.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Ryanr
Senior User
Bump.so are these any good.so are saying these are no good for fit and finish compared to oem.?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

called the guys I linked. Got a nice "Mary" with an Indian accent

Tried to order them, kept getting asked "What is your US shipping address?" I tell them..."No, what is your US shipping address?"

Not only do people not know Hawaii and Alaska are part of the USA...but apparently even Third World country call centers can't figure it out either. Gotta see if my sister will be willing to accept deliver of these mirrors and trans-ship them to me

Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
called the guys I linked. Got a nice "Mary" with an Indian accent

Tried to order them, kept getting asked "What is your US shipping address?" I tell them..."No, what is your US shipping address?"

Not only do people not know Hawaii and Alaska are part of the USA...but apparently even Third World country call centers can't figure it out either. Gotta see if my sister will be willing to accept deliver of these mirrors and trans-ship them to me
Did they give you a price shipped to her address?

Old 10-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

no, I got frustrated dealing with "Mary" and just eventually hung up. I'm done with this mod for now. I'll try again at Tax time and buy OEM mirrors with powerfold. It'll cost me more, but I'd rather have that option. Wifes Expy has it and it's pretty useful in tight parking spots

Old 05-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Joshua Sirchuk
Senior User
I know this is an old post, but it has what I'm looking for, kinda. I'm having a bit of trouble convincing the non-mirror using members of the family that these are good upgrade at $250 for a set.

Does anyone have any POV pictures that would compare the two. I switched from an 04' RAM with tow mirrors and can't stand the visibility (or lack there of) and huge blind spots with the factory tow mirrors.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshua Sirchuk
I know this is an old post, but it has what I'm looking for, kinda. I'm having a bit of trouble convincing the non-mirror using members of the family that these are good upgrade at $250 for a set.
Seriously, if my response crosses the line in your mind, forgive me, but if you have "non-mirror using members of the family," that means they aren't driving the Excursion, so "they" have no say when it comes to an upgrade like this.

Getting a better view for what is beside you and minimizing the blind spot, if not completely eliminating it is a safety thing. Plain and simple.

You're not spending money because it's an appearance mod, it's a safety thing, and if "they" can't understand that, then too bad. Spend the money and do the upgrade.

I LOVE the C-Betr mirrors. I have them on all of my rigs and made sure my son and daughter have them on their SuperDuty rigs. But when I bought the '99 in my sig, for some reason the C-Betr mirrors weren't cutting. So even though I had JUST bought the C-Betr's, I bought a set of these: 2003-2007 Ford F250 Truck Super Duty Power Heated Smoked Style Signal & Clearance Light Textured Cap UPGRADE Towing Mirror Pair at 1AAuto.com from FTE supporting vendor 1AAuto and told my wife I bought a set of replacement mirrors.

You can see the thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post12592900 Pay attention to post #24.

Now, when it comes to "play" mods or go-fast mods, I include my wife in the decision making process because she's my Jiminy Cricket and keeps me in check. When it comes to spending money on performance stuff, I get stupid so she has to agree with the expenditure before I will spend the money. Otherwise, for other stuff like safety, I just buy it and tell her what I spent the money on and why.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 05-08-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009-2011 Tow Mirrors Deal Alert!