wyoming 400 ford 4v

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Shawns Fords
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes he is, I know several of the racers at Bandimere that run Scotts products.
This is one of the cars I recorded here. I have been building mine based on this car but for 11.50 S/ST index racing. This one is a stock bottom ended 460 with CHI heads and a bunch of other goodies.

YouTube - ‪Brad Soleberg 1967 Mustang, Pinks All out in Denver‬‏

Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
NICE!!

Originally Posted by Shawns Fords
Yes he is, I know several of the racers at Bandimere that run Scotts products.
This is one of the cars I recorded here. I have been building mine based on this car but for 11.50 S/ST index racing. This one is a stock bottom ended 460 with CHI heads and a bunch of other goodies.

YouTube - ‪Brad Soleberg 1967 Mustang, Pinks All out in Denver‬‏
11 sec at mile high is a stout piece of iron.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Shawns Fords
Senior User
His normal time is around10.98 I think its faster now with the E85 conversion. I am shooting for a dead on 11.50. Scott knows what I want to do. I just need to come up with the dough to get it all put together.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
sweet!

Originally Posted by Shawns Fords
His normal time is around10.98 I think its faster now with the E85 conversion. I am shooting for a dead on 11.50. Scott knows what I want to do. I just need to come up with the dough to get it all put together.
I hate it when the word budget shows up. catch you later. MPG heads kicks but in my experience and scott and bob do good work and know fords for sure.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:32 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
carb reccomendations!

Spoke with several shops. Pro systems has a pretty good program for my application. Also has a send in your carb and will upgrade as needed. around $500 ball park unless you need to do some special upgrades. next step up is around $800 for great street/puller system. IF you want to spend more money they can probably figure out something for your. I have learned some of the conservative reccomendation is exactly what you get. conservative numbers. they are thinking around 870cfm annular in a 950 hp setup. Really liking this and pricing is OK.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:41 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
got word today heads/intake be done next week!

My guy cfm creek flow measurement will be done next week. can't wait to see. Gonna be some flow number and photos. stuck workin in new mexico and have to wait.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:11 AM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
air gap intake done. heads flowed.

Ok guys got my heads back and photographed some stuff. airgap intake worked pretty good. Lloyd creek did the work for me and he did a beautiful job. he has the experience and tools for this applicaiton. came out a little different than i thought it would. A very extreme street/towing performance port job. 400 cj air gap intake. go into my albums for all my photos of my version of a tow/performance 400 ford.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
mark a.
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by wyoming4x4
Ok guys got my heads back and photographed some stuff. airgap intake worked pretty good. Lloyd creek did the work for me and he did a beautiful job. he has the experience and tools for this applicaiton. came out a little different than i thought it would. A very extreme street/towing performance port job. 400 cj air gap intake. go into my albums for all my photos of my version of a tow/performance 400 ford.
It says " no images " in your gallery ?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:08 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by mark a.
It says " no images " in your gallery ?
Look in his Albums, not gallery.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:48 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
more photos air gap stuff/heads

more photos in my albums. click the picture of the 400ford in photo. just a really nice 400 ford for a truck 1970 ford 4wd crewcab.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
job1bf
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a similar project in the works...but different intake (single plane for me). While test fitting - did you try installing the distributor? Are you going to use a duraspark/msd style or HEI? I have wondered if the intake plates would introduce clearance issues...thanks!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:44 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
I know I will need some work.

On the distributor you can get with price motorsports and they have a extension just for this application. I have never ran but if price says it works thats good enough for me. they been doing these type of builds for many yrs. stick with the pro's. I have a small cap accel distributor for this application. have not test fitted yet but will be next. probably in about 2 weeks?? work is killing my toy time. more photos of air gap stuff and misc photos. I have seen these engines but never any detailed info. definetly not a engine a beginner engine for sure. very pleased with what I have in front of me and expect good things to come. forgot to mention on distrib their is contact and something will have to be done. some people just cut out the material needed. If I remember correctly a story in google stroker 400 with this very intake. used 2v heads and eventually some procomp heads several scenerio's and MPGheads donated some parts and camshafts. started stock lik 200 hrspwr and ended up over 515 hrspwr with 9.5 to one compression. not really anything done to porting and intake just threw it on. nasty little combo and I'm hoping to be around 420 hrspwr at my elevation 4000'. I try to make around 1 hrspwr per cube for tow rig. catch you later and having fun with this build.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
mark a.
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by wyoming4x4
more photos in my albums. click the picture of the 400ford in photo. just a really nice 400 ford for a truck 1970 ford 4wd crewcab.
Ok I found them. Did you get the heads cut for spring seat cups and pc stem seals ?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
My machinist says!

Originally Posted by mark a.
Ok I found them. Did you get the heads cut for spring seat cups and pc stem seals ?
Hello mark! On the heads they will be totally assembled this week. Haven't been cut but yes this is the plan. upgraded the seals and work the seat cups. dan will give me the final say by friday. When I get the final head done photos will be taken. On these paticular builds with the spacer plates not a lot of documentation on these builds. my little project is evolving as it go. but in the end it will be a nice 400 4wd engine with a little torque. will also use this info guys who have never done certain things with engines and can use as a reference down the road and photos to back up/explaine. catch you later! Also wanting a carb but seriously lookin at fuel injection. My biggest concern is getting ethanol fuel and leaning out my engine. Getting consistant fuel is always a problem. If I go fuel injection its always compensating and calculating my air fuel ratio. just more stuff to keep my up at night.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
carb or injection?

I'm a carb guy! Speaking with MPGheads scott on things. Say the fast system is good but it is electronic and elctronics will have its issues. I like simple and carbs are simple to me and less wiring the better. heart says carb and my tinkering side says EFI. Stuck in new mexico working and back to making money instead of toy time. Said definetly go multiport on EFI system.

Quick Reply: wyoming 400 ford 4v