6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

HELP - BROKEN MIRROR

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP - BROKEN MIRROR

hello all - I am not really sure where to post this - I searched the other areas and found nothing on this subject. Unfortunatley my vehicle was involved in situation where my drivers side power mirror got whacked . Yea I know I am still upset because it caused door damage as well - But my question is - I dont need to replace the entire mirror as the power funtions and telescoping part still works fine - but the black plastic bezel on the outside and the inside of the mirror was cracked and needs replacing - anybody know where to find a source for these parts? The dealer wants 1000.00 for a new mirror assembley - I am thinking these plastic pieces can't be more than 50 - 75 bucks a piece. Please help!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:00 PM
petro1
New User
They do not sell the pieces individually, I tried when I wanted to do the painted caps.....BUT do to my mistake in the swap I just so happen to have a driver side mirror (power everything for a king ranch or chrome package) sitting on my work bench in pieces. All the plastic is perfect and never installed, make me an offer! I can send you pictures if you want, and be careful removing the glass... I learned that too the hard way.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
rdenis
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a diagram and parts numbers you need:

Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 PM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
SWEET!! Man I dont know how to repay your help!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know If there is something i can do for you in the future. I was dredding spending the coin on a whole assembley and the dealership didn't pull up that diagram - I can tell you that!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
The mirror that I have has the telescoping rails just like the picture but the outer sail in the diagram doesn't have the cut out for the upper matching body color plastic piece, or the light on the bottom - would you have another diagram for the mirror that I have? It is the telescoping memory trailor tow mirror with the light on the bottom, and I need the pieces shown in your diagram - just a different assembley.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:50 PM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
also in the exploded view of part number 4 in the upper right hand corner there is a line going to the exploded view - I need that large piece that doesn't have a number on it, as well as the inner bezel piece that is labled part number 4 - part number 9 is just the small cover that fits on top of the exterior of the mirror. - I need the piece below that cover.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
rdenis
Tuned
Unfortunately that's the only drawing in the manual for the mirror assembly. I think the piece below mirror cover part 9 is actually the back piece of part 4 - in other words, part 4 has two pieces.

Also, you may find that part 9 doesn't come pre-painted.

I didn't take a real close look at the drawing until now but it looks like the big nut in all this will be Part 4, I suspect since Part 4 is described as an assembly (probably back, front, arms and mount). Did you get a quote for a non powered version of the mirror? You could then just move the motors and wiring harness to the "non-powered" version and get the cap painted. It may be cheaper than buying these pieces.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM
jfritz_drfritz
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
doesn't your insurance cover this??

Old 01-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Sportscraft
Elder User
Second the part number question. I have the standard tt mirror but want to add the caps from the chrome package. Hoping to just replace the back with the one where I can put the chrome cap on. I know there are some aftermarket pieces but would prefer to keep it factory w/o paying 2000 for new mirrors.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:22 AM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
Had to revive this as I had additional questions maybe someone from Ford could help. Is there any way to cross reference some tooling numbers - to get part numbers? The info that I have is as follows:

SAE ASA - 1448101 LH - (inside bezel)
SAE ASA - 1448105 LH - (outside shell)

These toolings numbers came from my 2011 SuperDuty, but I would think they are the same for many other years as well - It is for the plastic clam shell that houses the outside mirrors on the drivers side - There is no part numbers listed in the above parts diagram, but these tooling numbers are stamped on the inside of each piece and must be to reference the part some how. The dealer had no answer at all for me...

Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM
bradxray
Junior User
I have a 99 ford Super Duty Diesel with the little mirrors. My son crammed a toy between the plastic housing and the glass. Now I can't get it out. I am pretty good with this sort of thing, but can't figure the trick to getting the glass out of the housing. There are 2 thin wire clips that I have slid but that doesn't release the mirror. Anyone know how to get them out? Thanks

Old 08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
YEA - Just pull them off - they come straight out. Lots of pressure required - Might be best to use leather gloves.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 PM
bradxray
Junior User
Hi GMUGNIER, Do I need to pull the little wire clips out first, or will the alignment post just pull out of that also? Is it best to pull straight out, or is there a better angle to pull from?
Thanks!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 PM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
I pulled mine straight out -(I had to really yank on that sucka!) your truck is older than mine you might want to post your question in the appropriate year section to be sure, or maybe one of the others here can chime in.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM
bradxray
Junior User
What year is your truck? I think they are the same from 99-2003. Does it have the small mirrors? Thanks

Quick Reply: HELP - BROKEN MIRROR