6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

GREAT CUSTOMER RELATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:14 AM
flamebuster
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GREAT CUSTOMER RELATIONS

A little history first..Last spring I baught a new Edge Insight with egt probe for monitoring my truck..All was good and really enjoyed monitoring all my temps. and data at a glance with alarms for out of parameter readings. That is until my computer died 2 weeks ago..My new computer has Windows 7 which is not compatible with the Insight programs for data logging and down loading codes etc.Programs can still be entered by using the 4 buttons on the Insight, but it is slower and not as convienent as it is on the laptop.
I e-mailed Edge over the holidays and they e-mailed back my options. No new software was going to be made for the old Insight but they would offer upgrades to their othe new products such as the CT or CTS monitors and to call after 1/3/11 to get details.
I called Edge today and they will take back my old Insight and let me have the new CTS gauge with egt probe for 239.00 Which is actually like buying the new CTS for 100.00 off current prices.
All I was hoping for was to be treated fairly and get a system to perform all the functions that I had already paid for with out having to buy a whole new system all over again.There offer seemed better than a fair deal and and shows true respect for their customers satisfaction..So I mailed off my my old Insight and should have the new CTS next week!!
I thought it was worth passing on a company that stands behind their products..Doug

Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Thank you for sharing that. It's always good to hear positive things about businesses treating people right.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 AM
rocky1074
Elder User
Thanks for sharing..Plus1 for Edge Customer Satisfaction

Old 01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
teppler
Elder User
Not so sure I agree, yes it is a good deal if you already planned to go to the new unit but I bought mine to use for years cannot afford a new one even at the reduced price,and now learn it is not upward compatible..I have no plans to go to Windows 7 in the near future but if I did I would not have been as happy.. JMO

Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 AM
gearloose1
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pretty common for software that can't be ported to later versions of OS.

That is why there is still a lot of Windows NT 3.11 and Windows 2000 running.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM
teppler
Elder User
agree but!

Originally Posted by gearloose1
Pretty common for software that can't be ported to later versions of OS.

That is why there is still a lot of Windows NT 3.11 and Windows 2000 running.
Being a computer tech I agree and having several old computer it will not be a big deal for me but what if I had just bought the insight and upgraded computer then learned I would have to spend an additional $239.00 ..I would think units sold recently would be eligible to swap old unit for new unit + shipping ..No charge. Now that would be great customer service!!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 AM
flamebuster
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by teppler
Being a computer tech I agree and having several old computer it will not be a big deal for me but what if I had just bought the insight and upgraded computer then learned I would have to spend an additional $239.00 ..I would think units sold recently would be eligible to swap old unit for new unit + shipping ..No charge. Now that would be great customer service!!
I think if I had chosen the CT model.. (also new type) it would have been a straight across swap NO COST...But the CTS is almost twice as big of a screen, a back up camera can be added at any time, and it is a touch screen. I wanted the better gauge because I think it will be kept current longer than the CT in my thinking.And the back up camera is a feature I want to add later..I hope they integrate gps too but that may be wishful thinking....... Plus the new egt. has the piggy back cable to add other features such as the camera.
I paid for shipping the old Insight unit back 6.72. and they will ship the new model free..
That is why I felt it was such a fair deal..I got the better model at a great price!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:59 AM
teppler
Elder User
Not a bad deal!

Originally Posted by flamebuster
I think if I had chosen the CT model.. (also new type) it would have been a straight across swap NO COST...But the CTS is almost twice as big of a screen, a back up camera can be added at any time, and it is a touch screen. I wanted the better gauge because I think it will be kept current longer than the CT in my thinking.And the back up camera is a feature I want to add later..I hope they integrate gps too but that may be wishful thinking....... Plus the new egt. has the piggy back cable to add other features such as the camera.
I paid for shipping the old Insight unit back 6.72. and they will ship the new model free..
That is why I felt it was such a fair deal..I got the better model at a great price!!!
And it appears you did indeed make a good deal..good luck!