1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Fender less 56 f100

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:49 AM
nordvik72
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fordman75
The cabs way too wide to look good fenderless. It just looks like someone stole your fenders!
I think you may be right the cab is really wide.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Did you notice that Bubba was posted on HAMB in March and he was still bumping it to the top in October trying to sell it.
These trucks look so nice as they are, changes like that are just too much. Although Bubba has a pretty good look to it. I think the large headlights helped some...
Shoot without the fenders they aren't much different that many other trucks.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:23 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
dont get me wrong i dont hate rat rods,i hate that word,,,because younger people see an unfinished rusty well engineer vehicle and they totally twist the term thinking that if you build the rustiest unsafe car out of a 78/80s car or truck or just plainly scary thing you have the right to call it rat rod,,,hot rods and ROT ROTS are very well put together cars,,,i like patina and tear and wear on anything vintage it adds character and history,like a warriors scar.now i support anyones build cuz its ur money and your ideas,,,and your not a follower so.......inthe end i am an idiot and i never have an idea of what im talking about lol

Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
On this I think you are right. I too hate the word rat rod. People think that any hot rod in progress is a rat rod. Now there are a lot of these "rat rods" that are well engineered but all too many are just ugly piles of unsafe junk built only to shockpeople and to see what kind of crap they can put all over their vehicles.

A simple hot rod is a thing of beauty but don't mistake a work in progress for a rat rod.

I too champion everybodys right to build what they want BUT at least make it safe.

jim

Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 AM
nordvik72
Senior User
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
dont get me wrong i dont hate rat rods,i hate that word,,,because younger people see an unfinished rusty well engineer vehicle and they totally twist the term thinking that if you build the rustiest unsafe car out of a 78/80s car or truck or just plainly scary thing you have the right to call it rat rod,,,hot rods and ROT ROTS are very well put together cars,,,i like patina and tear and wear on anything vintage it adds character and history,like a warriors scar.now i support anyones build cuz its ur money and your ideas,,,and your not a follower so.......inthe end i am an idiot and i never have an idea of what im talking about lol
lol, I just noticed your from Death vally I used to live in Ridge crest back in 2003 for a few years I worked at the Navy base out there. Good times I miss the weather

Old 12-15-2010, 07:52 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

imagine driving around in a 124 degree day no ac or 26 degree no heater,,,but it makes me tough lol,,,i know your lying nobody misses this weather lol,,,,,,back to topic.i say put your truck together without the fenders see if you like it if you dont then put them on,,,,i drove my truck with no bed for a whhhile...whhhipe cream....mmmmm...go for it dude we are here to suport ya

Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
I agree with Iwanaflatie, try what you like and see if it works. If it doesn't then try something else. There is no right or wrong way to build YOUR truck. Right now I am driving mine without a bed and probably will for a while as I have more important issues to sort out.
jim

Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Hey, I was reading Hamburgerfella's suspension thread and he had a picture that I thought belonged here.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:16 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I lean mostly toward stock trucks, I like the old designs which is what draws me to them. I have never seen a "Rat Rod" I liked, to me they all look like half finished scrap piles but as long as they're safe and road worthy go for it. I'm not a big fan of greatly modified vehicles and don't get into most fenderless trucks but there is one a guy is doing on the HAMB that I think is awesome. He has put a lot of thought and work into a truck that I thought should be mentioned in this thread. Check out the HAMB thread, the guy has done a lot of work on this truck:

48 Ford shop truck - THE H.A.M.B.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
You are so right. that is proportioned perfectly. thanks.
jim

Old 12-16-2010, 08:22 AM
nordvik72
Senior User
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I lean mostly toward stock trucks, I like the old designs which is what draws me to them. I have never seen a "Rat Rod" I liked, to me they all look like half finished scrap piles but as long as they're safe and road worthy go for it. I'm not a big fan of greatly modified vehicles and don't get into most fenderless trucks but there is one a guy is doing on the HAMB that I think is awesome. He has put a lot of thought and work into a truck that I thought should be mentioned in this thread. Check out the HAMB thread, the guy has done a lot of work on this truck:

48 Ford shop truck - THE H.A.M.B.
Thats one sweet looking truck

Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
I'm definitely more of a stock guy, but this guy did it right. His build thread is amazing. It floors me what a good builder can do.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:22 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

this is a big girl that looks ok....

Old 12-20-2010, 05:46 AM
hellfirejim
Elder User
It is a good start but needs some "refinement".

Old 12-20-2010, 05:56 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

ya i dont like the front wheel set up......love the color tho....hey Jim dont you ever sleep

Quick Reply: Fender less 56 f100