Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2010, 03:15 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Replacement Emissions Sticker

I had to smog my Excursion this year due to California instituting smog checks on our diesel's.

The Ex still has the emissions sticker on the underside of the hood, passenger side, but the one on my F250 was missing.

A few weeks ago I contacted OEM Ed and asked him if he could obtain a replacement for my 250, and after sending him the necessary info, he got me a replacement emissions sticker for my F250.

Here's the on on my Ex.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the replacement Ed got for me from Ford.
Click the image to open in full size.

While I know my truck didn't come with one (L99 truck and up with auto trans), I didn't wanna take any chances the smog tech at the shop of my choice didn't know.

Now I'm set, thanks to Ed.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 AM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Roland Mueck
Glad to hear Ed fixed you right up. OEM baby!
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Hit it!

Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ChrisMPorras
I don;t have that sticker anywhere on my truck. Is that only for CA destination vehicles?
2002 F350 XLT, 7.3L CC 4x4, SRW, Autometer Ultralites, DP TUNER, BTS Trans, 6.0 tranny cooler, F650 dash, AIS w/zoodad, Warn Hubs, 4" MBRP exhaust, '08 rear end cover, Foil Delete, Heated Tow Mirrors, AIH Delete, Homemade CCV mod., Bilsteins.
The Silver Bullitt PAA# 24
Old 11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.
/pages/Riffraff-Diesel/103160771064 riffraffdiesel
Nice, I wouldn't have thought they could still be gotten.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris View Post
I don;t have that sticker anywhere on my truck. Is that only for CA destination vehicles?
I have no idea. I do know my truck is a Cali truck, built for Cali, sold in Cali, always registered in Cali.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:00 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
OEM BABY!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Elder User

firemaster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dont mean to jack your thread but I was looking for a front license plate bracket for my truck. Here in Delaware we are not required to run front and rear plates. Got up with Ed and within 3 days I had an OEM bracket...couldnt find one anywhere around here, including dealerships. Thanks ED.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
The "smog stickers" that are going to be hardest to find are the ones that seem to matter most to the Smog Nazis. They are the ones that are on the right valve cover, are color-coded and year-specific, and applied by International to the engines.

They determine what smog equipment must be on the vehicle when inspected, and I understand that valve covers with the "right ones" are getting increasingly difficult to find in wrecking yards, now removed even from "windowed blocks". (Psssst.... Hey, buddy, wanna' buy a valve cover? )

I realize that most CA smog guys are accustomed to being able to read the words "Non Catalyst" somewhere, which keeps them in their comfort zone when dealing with vehicles without cats, but it shouldn't be a real big deal to techs who truly know what they're doing.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Senior User

tritonman2001 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
I realize that most CA smog guys are accustomed to being able to read the words "Non Catalyst" somewhere, which keeps them in their comfort zone when dealing with vehicles without cats, but it shouldn't be a real big deal to techs who truly know what they're doing.

Pop
Don't know about you but most of the guys doing that smog testing don't have a clue about the diesels.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 AM
New User

Chris6603 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Who is OEM Ed? I need a emmissions label for a Ford F250 gas 5.8 motor is this possible
Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 AM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
He was a member of the forum who worked as a parts manager. He has since retired after many years of service.

Contact your local dealer to see if they can help.
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1999, 2002, catalyst, decal, emission, emissions, excursion, f250, f350, ford, replacement, saleen, stcker, sticker, truck