Food 4 Thought

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:04 AM
TLCNCGNITO
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Food 4 Thought

Greetings AZ!

As I am getting ready for PT(Army Phys Trng ) here at FT Wood MO, it occured to me,that with all the truck sites/clubs with chapters in AZ,none have ever tried a get together. I mean I surf the internet(do they even say that anymore) and there are several active AZ chapters, including a AZ Lighting site.Now I know some are saying why dont you take the first step to make this happen,but everything is a challenge when your 4 states away. Anyway just food for thought!....Now going on a 4 mile run.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
Greetings back at ya Ft. Lost in the Woods! Hows St. Paul?

Hate to break your heart.. Bill has been all over that! He puts together some pretty neat "Meet N Greets", usually at one of the auto diners or other truck friendly places! Just gotta keep your eye open, and when you get back, make mention you are available!

Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is a great idea, but getting people together is not easy either. The first G2G that Bart put together when we got this Chapter back up & going, Out of all the members on this forum & this chapter there was Bart, Bill, Mark, Garbz, Travis, & myself. If I forgot anyone please accept my sincere apologize but I don't believe I did. Of Course there were spouses, kids, lady friends etc.
I missed the rest because I'm in Nevada taking care of an elderly mother.
So I imagine getting other clubs to join in without a State or Nation Event would be difficult at best. But a great thought & it would be a real fun neat deal if possible.
Nevada can't even get a G2G with people on this forum in there chapter from the same town let alone a 60 mile radius. Talk about sad. I left that chapter over that type of thing.

Craig

Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 PM
TLCNCGNITO
Freshman User
I know Bill is a FINE PRESIDENT! , but I would like to express that this thought is not really aimed at anyone or club in particular,its just to say with all the clubs/sites out there with a common ground(Ford Trucks) you would think that there would always be some kinda of event/gathering. Now I know that everyone has different prioritys, and to some its only transportation,but alas,it was just food for thought...

Hey Midwest FT Lost in the woods is growing,but its still lost...lol I think your talking about ST Robert, and if so that place has not changed one bit.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
Bleah! Thats what I thought.. Kinda creepy out there in the ozarks! LOL!

Who knows.. With time things may evolve to regular meets and what not. Having expeirence in trying to put these things together with past clubs, I noticed some of the difficulties not only included the various schedules, but here lately another huge issue we are all facing, is the economy. Once it gets solid, more people will be a little more apt to getting out.. Hang in there!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:21 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TLCNCGNITO
I know Bill is a FINE PRESIDENT! , but I would like to express that this thought is not really aimed at anyone or club in particular,its just to say with all the clubs/sites out there with a common ground(Ford Trucks) you would think that there would always be some kinda of event/gathering. Now I know that everyone has different prioritys, and to some its only transportation,but alas,it was just food for thought...

Hey Midwest FT Lost in the woods is growing,but its still lost...lol I think your talking about ST Robert, and if so that place has not changed one bit.

I hear ya, I have thought that also, but it just doesn't happen maybe at Carlile, PA. & events like that. But I agree why doesn't it happen or better yet how do we get it to happen. GREAT THOUGHT. I guess if we had the answer we wouldn't be asking the question or thinking about.

We here in Arizona have been blessed with two GREAT LEADERS since getting this chapter back up & running. Only a few years ago this chapter was like so many others not doing real good. Bart & Bill have & still are doing a great Job. My Gratitude to both of them for a lot of hard work.

Craig

Old 11-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm up for a GTG just about any time. in fact i'll be up in phoenix at Garbz house checking out his 64 f100 project. i think Kevin (Kstone63) will be there also.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
TLCNCGNITO
Freshman User
Its nice to know its not just me thinking like this...I just happen to look at my old post from Iraq, and the thoughts I had about hanging out with fellow truckers,but I didnt plan on staying at FT Wood either...LOL! Anyway glad to be part of a Great State and Club!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 PM
kstones63
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bill W
I'm up for a GTG just about any time. in fact i'll be up in phoenix at Garbz house checking out his 64 f100 project. i think Kevin (Kstone63) will be there also.
I plan on being at garbzs house on Saturday afternoon. I have a car show that morning at the accountants office that Beth helps out during tax season. He is in an office with a wealth management company so it might be some good contacts for some future tile work.

Kevin