Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > New Mexico Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: CelticDevilDog

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Junior User

phelios27 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Considering Expedition purchase. .02 welcome

My wife and I had our second child on July 28th of this year. Right now we are crammed into her 2004 Mazda 6, which would be plenty of room except for these facts.

I'm 6'6" 230.
My son is 5 and basically bigger than I was when I was his age. Bruce Smith comes to mind as a reference.
My baby girl is also tall and 90 percentile for height.
My wife is about 5' 8" and taller than the average woman even she is feeling clausterphobic.

The baby's car seat is behind me and basically forcing my breast plate into the steering column because my wife doesn't like to drive if she doesn't have to. Thus bringing me to my next paradigm. Expedition or Tahoe I don't care for the 2wd and AWD beasts with tepid engines and are basically road queens.
Call me old fashioned but when I think of SUV I think or camping, off-road, fun, towing, mud, rain, snow, dirt, sand etc...and one can't do that with out 4x4. Most crossovers are only AWD and basically have the same amount of space as my wife's 6. Luckily for me she agrees 100% and says our family of superhero Avenger like proportions deserve a vehicle accordingly.
All import v8 4x4 SUV's are out due to being waaaaay overpriced for what you get and definitely overpriced when it comes to parts. I leave Dodge out of this equation because the Durango is basically held together w/tape glue and wouldn't last 10 minutes in the rough. So this leaves me with Ford and Chevy. Chevy is out because the wife, well, likes Ford better in all aspects. I'm inclined to agree though the last couple years GMC has stepped up their game w/ fit finish and reliability as well as being a strong off road presence. So after this long winded intro...I'm thinking of a 2009 Expedition 4x4 xlt w/ leather. The powertrains of the 2009 - 2011 are almost identical so why pay more for the same thing?
1997 Ford F-250 HD 7.5L 460 Long bed. Dana rear w/4:10 gears. 4X2 automatic. All stock w only 97k.
1991 Mx6 GT turbo. 3" turbo back w/magnaflow cat/muffler. NGK plugs/wires/Kia fuel filterPRD MBC @ 14psi. 190whp and 261ftlbs torque
Old 10-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Postmaster

KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.
I have a few friends with Expe's and they love them, I would go for it. unless you could find a good deal on a used excursion.
K40 2000 Radar & Laser 48 Gal fuel tank-Pioneer AVIC-D3,3 amps,12' sub, DVD, TV in headrests
JOIN NEW MEXICO CHAPTER HERE!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Junior User

phelios27 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRDiesel View Post
I have a few friends with Expe's and they love them, I would go for it. unless you could find a good deal on a used excursion.
I would love an excursion powerstroke...I wish they would put a powerstroke in the expedition but alas tis not going to happen.
1997 Ford F-250 HD 7.5L 460 Long bed. Dana rear w/4:10 gears. 4X2 automatic. All stock w only 97k.
1991 Mx6 GT turbo. 3" turbo back w/magnaflow cat/muffler. NGK plugs/wires/Kia fuel filterPRD MBC @ 14psi. 190whp and 261ftlbs torque
Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > New Mexico Chapter