Sponsored by: DP Tuner

transmission shops in southern oregon/northern california

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:37 PM
daner01
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile transmission shops in southern oregon/northern california

i am not needing a new transmission yet but am sure i will in the future and am wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in southern oregon or northern cal? (i am live in klamath falls) i know everyone says john wood or BTS and they are my radar. i am just wondering if anyone has had any good luck or knows of a good tranny shop. thanks a lot.
dane

Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had snow's transmission in Redmond (~2 hrs north of ya) do mine 80K ago. Around $3300 out the door, 1 day turnaround....they installed the tugger kit during the rebuild and I have had zero problems with it. Shifts great no matter the load.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:31 PM
overthehillbill
Senior User
On that first Dec. morning when you wake up and it's 15 below and hwy. 97 is covered with ice just head south to sunny, beautiful Holtville. Treat yourself to a day with the master and some SoCal sunshine. He too will turn you around in one day.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:39 PM
overthehillbill
Senior User
Originally Posted by clem1226
I had snow's transmission in Redmond (~2 hrs north of ya) do mine 80K ago. Around $3300 out the door, 1 day turnaround....they installed the tugger kit during the rebuild and I have had zero problems with it. Shifts great no matter the load.
Hey Steve, If he can make it from KF to Redmond in two hours he doesn't need a tranny.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:13 PM
racincowboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by overthehillbill
Hey Steve, If he can make it from KF to Redmond in two hours he doesn't need a tranny.

He needs wings lol.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
On that first Dec. morning when you wake up and it's 15 below and hwy. 97 is covered with ice just head south to sunny, beautiful Holtville. Treat yourself to a day with the master and some SoCal sunshine. He too will turn you around in one day.
x2 and then on the way home you can stop at Terminator and get a set of dual pumps

Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 PM
overthehillbill
Senior User
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
x2 and then on the way home you can stop at Terminator and get a set of dual pumps
Clay: How does one find Terminator? The only address I can find is a shipping address. I drive past that address every day and have never seen any activity. Just a farm house and orchard.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 PM
daner01
Junior User
thanks for the input. thats a long 15 hour drive. but that seems to be the direction to go. i was hoping clay knew of a place on his side of the hill. oh will... thanks.
dane

Old 10-21-2010, 11:03 PM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he can't make it up under his own power I have a company fuel card and a car hauler......thats the way we roll on FTE

Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by daner01
thanks for the input. thats a long 15 hour drive. but that seems to be the direction to go. i was hoping clay knew of a place on his side of the hill. oh will... thanks.
dane
Sorry man, even though you could get one to get by my best advice is just bit the bullet and you will be glad you did.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Clay: How does one find Terminator? The only address I can find is a shipping address. I drive past that address every day and have never seen any activity. Just a farm house and orchard.
Bill, I guess I should check in with you some time, I am down in that area often. As far as Joey goes, I am not sure where he has his stuff shipped versus where he has the company, I am not very familiar with the area, just follow the GPS.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
That sounds like Joey's place. He operates and ships from his place.

Farming is his primary business.

Dane, take the drive to Holtville. You'll be glad you did.

I've been down there twice. Once was for a trans.

Stewart

Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 PM
daner01
Junior User
I told the wife tonight that we're gonna start saving for a family trip to Disneyland. She looked at what website I was on and asked what I was buying. Looks like i will be making the trip stag. She'll come around... I hope.
Dane

Old 10-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by daner01
i am not needing a new transmission yet but am sure i will in the future and am wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in southern oregon or northern cal? (i am live in klamath falls) i know everyone says john wood or BTS and they are my radar. i am just wondering if anyone has had any good luck or knows of a good tranny shop. thanks a lot.
dane

Branson Missouri is 30 short miles away from Lead Hill (BTS). If you wanted to drive down for a vacation. Camping, boating, fishings, Shows, entertainment, shops out the wa-zoo.... You can pop over to Brians and He can over haul your tranny while you are out on 'Bull Shoals' lake (two miles from his place, he will run you back to your camper/boat). There is a campground two miles from Brians shop and the campground is on a Corps of Engineers lake.

When you head back home you will really feel the pep in your truck and know that you just bought the last tranny you will ever need for your truck.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Brother Les
When you head back home from Holtville, you will really feel the pep in your truck and know that you just bought the last tranny you will ever need for your truck.
With the slight adjustment above, the exact same thing can be said about heading to JW's place.

Stewart

Quick Reply: transmission shops in southern oregon/northern california