1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

02 Navigator lift kit or coil springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 PM
ENDLESS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 Navigator lift kit or coil springs

Am new here as a member but been reading n diggin for a while
loved the forums though it got decent informations and details and pushed to post my first topic.
got an 02 2WD Navigator, nuthin wrong with air ride the car has around 50K on it but it doesnt look that much and am workin on it at the moment.
my question is how to lift up my truck while nuthin wrong with my air suspension and still dont wanna keep em 'cause am sure 100% that they wont live for a long time.
all 2WD navis came lowered lil bet with only the rear air bags, and I want to get the height of the 4WD non air leveling expedition.
should I buy a set of 4 non air leveling 4WD expedition coil springs?
or use the spacers and these kinda methods?

I want to post a pic of my ride but dont know how, any advise?

Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM
High_Horse
Elder User
The cheaper route would be body lift spacers. This way you only have a couple linkages to deal with. If you do a suspension, your messing with the drive shaft angle, steering linkages, changing coils, shocks, removing the air ride anyways and the extra cost vs. body spacers for just a couple inches. Depending on how high you want it to get is dependant on how much you want to spend.
But if you want to eliminate the air bag system, you can do so for around $330 with shocks for a stock conversion, about $275 w/o shocks.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:08 PM
ENDLESS
New User
Originally Posted by High_Horse
The cheaper route would be body lift spacers. This way you only have a couple linkages to deal with. If you do a suspension, your messing with the drive shaft angle, steering linkages, changing coils, shocks, removing the air ride anyways and the extra cost vs. body spacers for just a couple inches. Depending on how high you want it to get is dependant on how much you want to spend.
But if you want to eliminate the air bag system, you can do so for around $330 with shocks for a stock conversion, about $275 w/o shocks.
Thanks for the advise man, I think you should see the truck 'cause am totally lost on what should I do and where to start.
I really appreciate any kinda help
I'll try to upload the pic some where here

okay here is the pic before I started to work on it

Forgot to say that am only lookin for 3-4" of lift and 'll add new 20" wheels with higher tires, might be 305/50/R20

Last edited by ENDLESS; 10-17-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added a photo
Old 10-17-2010, 11:07 PM
ENDLESS
New User
I meant 3-4" from the tire so the total lift starting from the tire surface is 3-4"

Old 10-18-2010, 04:09 AM
High_Horse
Elder User
Originally Posted by ENDLESS
I meant 3-4" from the tire so the total lift starting from the tire surface is 3-4"
I would do the body lift then, but something for you to think about is your turning ability with the larger rims and taller sidewalks. You may find yourself hitting the frame, so be sure to go to a tire and rim place that will measure that before selling you a pretty rim that you'll bend and be stuck with.
I know yours is a 2x4 but go to a 4x4 shop and they will advise you for a proper lift. Even just to get the parts from them and to do it yourself. By using the body lift you don't have to mess with the air ride adjustments. If I remember correctly it's only 6 main bolts to take loose to lift the body.
FYI though, be sure to loosen the fuel filler neck connection so as not to break it in case you go too high to put in the spacers.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
ENDLESS
New User
Originally Posted by High_Horse
I would do the body lift then, but something for you to think about is your turning ability with the larger rims and taller sidewalks. You may find yourself hitting the frame, so be sure to go to a tire and rim place that will measure that before selling you a pretty rim that you'll bend and be stuck with.
I know yours is a 2x4 but go to a 4x4 shop and they will advise you for a proper lift. Even just to get the parts from them and to do it yourself. By using the body lift you don't have to mess with the air ride adjustments. If I remember correctly it's only 6 main bolts to take loose to lift the body.
FYI though, be sure to loosen the fuel filler neck connection so as not to break it in case you go too high to put in the spacers.
The current wheels and tires size are 275/45/R20, it has the 20" already but as you can see your self, a gentle man wont be able to look at em lol
the guys said I might not be able to rechrome em again due to some small bubbles and kinda green corrosion. So am lookin for a new set even used set to spare some $$$, so wheels are same size only tires sidewalks gonna be higher lil bet 45-50.

Here is what am gonna start with after diggin around
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/n...eply&p=9452004
BIG Thanks to ez4u2chere for sharing the infos.

The MOOG Part # CC80841 wont go more than $89 and can be found for less.

I'll swap these moogs to the rear then get a 3" body kit lift (seems hard to find a navigator kit).
I think it's the best and cheapest way.
be sure to loosen the fuel filler neck connection
Thanks for the tip, I'll go step by step and will post all details
Can you post more about the body lifting, seems you have a good experience as you mentioned it's only about losing 6 bolts.

Thanks a bunch for your help

Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 PM
High_Horse
Elder User
You'll have to excuse me, my computer died and I'm using my iPhone until I get a new one.
With that said, I know there was a thread posted regarding the body lift procedure with pics. It was for an engine change but it's still the same process.
Initially there are two nuts (3/4" I believe), on the very rear of the frame. There are two more on the vert front, then the other two are just in front of the fuel tank if memory prevails. Be sure to unhook any tethered items and for the shift linkage put the emergency brake on and drop it in neutral to give it play as you lift, you will adjust as needed when the spacers are in. To lift the body use a 4x4 and a floor jack. Be sure to find a solid part and lift starting at one end working your way to the other in increments and wedges. It's fairly straight forward from there.
Now a 4x4 shop may do it for you for about 200 or so and make any adjustments on the linkages.
Wish I could have posted the link but unfortunately I'm Internet limited at the moment. But do a search for engine swaps and/or body lifts. The post is about 2-3 yrs old and had descent pics.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:45 AM
xcaliber1972
Freshman User
I just bought a new air ride conversion kit at oreillys for 230 bucks and that is for a 4x4 and i know that 2wd is cheaper dont know the specific # but mine was for mn90006. you can also put the spacers in and adjust front torsion bars if you want more lift. and for 219 bucks for a body lift , id rather have a full on coils.