Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Youtube "powerstrokehelp"... Do you trust his Tech

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 09:37 PM
patineto
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Youtube "powerstrokehelp"... Do you trust his Tech

Hey make sense to me for the most part, but from time to time I get a "What"....!?!?

Then again I know nothing about Diesels And very little about driving cars (even if I have help build more than a few very specific ones)

Rephrasing the question...

Who do you trust for youtube videos about the 7.3...!?

Old 06-15-2019, 09:44 PM
00Dave
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Diesel Tech Ron videos are excellent. Sorry to say in 2016 he was in an auto accident that took his life. His videos are still on youtube, and if you google his name you will find a lot of info. I trust his videos, There are a few folks on here that I trust too. Then Riffraff diesel. is my go to for parts, and he is excellent at answering questions from his webpage or telephone calls. I know this is more than you asked.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:52 PM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by 00Dave
Diesel Tech Ron videos are excellent. Sorry to say in 2016 he was in an auto accident that took his life. His videos are still on youtube, and if you google his name you will find a lot of info. I trust his videos, There are a few folks on here that I trust too. Then Riffraff diesel. is my go to for parts, and he is excellent at answering questions from his webpage or telephone calls. I know this is more than you asked.
Oh Yesh Diesel Ron, so proper, so metodic, such a shame..

The reason I ask about the bold headed guy is because out of curiosity I look on his website and he want like a $100 to get a few videos...

i was thinking, you maybe good but not that good to charge such much money for something is common knowledge..

Old 06-15-2019, 09:55 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
There is enough at your disposal for free that I wouldn't consider buying any, not to mention the dirty words I'd have for someone trying to charge for it.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:01 PM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
There is enough at your disposal for free that I wouldn't consider buying any, not to mention the dirty words I'd have for someone trying to charge for it.
tell me about it...

Looks To me like the 7,3 fixes are kind of Vox Populi by now..

today I watch a chapter where he takes the guts out of the fuel bowl filter, advice for a stiffer spring on the pressure regulator and then re-drill some massive holes in the Banjos that connect the fuel hoses to the engine block, all very ***** nilly..

Old 06-15-2019, 11:19 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
He hates the 7.3, obvious in all of his videos, just watch his 7.3 vs 6.0 series. Too easy for Joe Smoe to fix after a 3 min google search.

But for just $10k you too can buy a set of his 6.0 heads...
Easier for a mechanic's shop to extort profit off of harder to fix (computer/sensor dependent) platforms like the 6.0, 6.4, 6.7 for the deeper pocket customers that just wanna enjoy their Starbucks on their way to run errands (Soccer moms/dads) When's the last time you actually saw a (running) 6.4 being used as a truck vs a minivan? Only time i see a 6.7 with a load is on the highway/interstate. In town they are always lifted with flashy rims and overly loud music. One guy's here i nickname the gorilla truck. He lifted the front about 6" and lowered the rear 2" flashy 2 spoked chrome rims with rubber band tires
Back on topic, the only "tech" discussions powerstroke"help" offers are on the trivial and controversial things, like ccv mods on the 6.0 or changing the hpop oil reservoir oil. Only actual smart thing I've ever seen him reference out of all his videos is replacing the coolant cap. I think the nut just likes to hear himself ramble in front of a camera so at night he can give himself a tug while watching his videos & tell himself how smart and generous he is by helping out all his "fans"

Old 06-16-2019, 01:45 AM
268Fords
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kind of hard to take the guy serious when his videos look like they were recorded on a 1980’s VHS camera. As was posted above, diesel tech Ron and riffraff are the way to go.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:31 AM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
He hates the 7.3, obvious in all of his videos, just watch his 7.3 vs 6.0 series. Too easy for Joe Smoe to fix after a 3 min google search.

But for just $10k you too can buy a set of his 6.0 heads...
Easier for a mechanic's shop to extort profit off of harder to fix (computer/sensor dependent) platforms like the 6.0, 6.4, 6.7 for the deeper pocket customers that just wanna enjoy their Starbucks on their way to run errands (Soccer moms/dads) When's the last time you actually saw a (running) 6.4 being used as a truck vs a minivan? Only time i see a 6.7 with a load is on the highway/interstate. In town they are always lifted with flashy rims and overly loud music. One guy's here i nickname the gorilla truck. He lifted the front about 6" and lowered the rear 2" flashy 2 spoked chrome rims with rubber band tires
I promise I will try to not be a Soccer Mom but sincerely besides my motorcycles I don't have to much to tow on my van, but the bikes are very reliable and they "Never ride on Trailer, well at least I don't like Coffee, much less from chain stores..

Back on topic, the only "tech" discussions powerstroke"help" offers are on the trivial and controversial things, like ccv mods on the 6.0 or changing the hpop oil reservoir oil. Only actual smart thing I've ever seen him reference out of all his videos is replacing the coolant cap. I think the nut just likes to hear himself ramble in front of a camera so at night he can give himself a tug while watching his videos & tell himself how smart and generous he is by helping out all his "fans"
Great, what is what I need to hear, he is Pompous, omnipresent and full of hot air in my impresion, but I just want to know if his technical advice was sound..

Old 06-16-2019, 06:38 AM
patineto
Senior User
Originally Posted by 268Fords
Kind of hard to take the guy serious when his videos look like they were recorded on a 1980’s VHS camera.
Oh yeah Dark, dirty shop, totally old school and very inefficient too..

As was posted above, diesel tech Ron
I have watch Ron's videos a few times already..

riffraff are the way to go.
Where are Riff raff video under...??

Chris guest...??

Old 06-16-2019, 06:45 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,108 Likes on 2,168 Posts
powerstrokehelpdude is a hack. his sole concern was drumming up business for his shop. ....... which by the way closed down because of shady business practices.
like charging people for work they did not need, charging for work that was never performed, and in general being a misleading non trustworthy person. the only thing his videos are good for is entertainment.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by patineto
Oh yeah Dark, dirty shop, totally old school and very inefficient too..

I have watch Ron's videos a few times already..

Where are Riff raff video under...??

Chris guest...??
If there are any Riffraff videos I am not aware of them (but there is a lot I don't know of). Riffraff is a very good source for parts for the 7.3 and he sells OEM sensors and such. BTW, any sensors that you replace need to be OEM even though they cost twice (or more) as much as aftermarket. The aftermarket ones just don't work right most of the time.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:59 AM
Solaris99
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
When's the last time you actually saw a (running) 6.4 being used as a truck vs a minivan?"
My next door neighbor had a 2008 F450 that he decided to turn into a car hauler truck for his short-lived car hauler business. The truck was costing him so much that he couldn't make a profit. Shortly after he sold the whole hauler package, the motor gave up. It had around 150k miles.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:10 AM
Macmathews
Elder User
Originally Posted by tjc transport
powerstrokehelpdude is a hack. his sole concern was drumming up business for his shop. ....... which by the way closed down because of shady business practices.
like charging people for work they did not need, charging for work that was never performed, and in general being a misleading non trustworthy person. the only thing his videos are good for is entertainment.
You sure its closed ?
I thought he was still up and running strong

Old 06-16-2019, 07:43 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,108 Likes on 2,168 Posts
maybe he reopened. i know around 5 years ago it was closed.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:11 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
I will say that this moron cost me a truck sale because the other moron buyer who "really wanted my truck" didn't like that I didn't change the HPOP oil....ever. He then tried to tell me about said moron Bill and why I should use Lucas, etc...I cut him off and told to get out of my driveway and the truck was no longer for sale to him. He was pretty surprised. So no, Powerstroke "Help" is no help at all and a total dipchit. Rant over.

Quick Reply: Youtube "powerstrokehelp"... Do you trust his Tech