2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Lewis Built Performance - Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 09:18 PM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Lewis Built Performance - Customer Service

Did anyone who ordered from Chris have an issue getting the parts? I have sent messages, emails, and phone call and still the guy wont give me a tracking number for the parts I paid for. Starting to get irritated about the communication and lack of what seems to be action. I have been nothing but nice and even pre paid 1/2 of the order when he sent me an email saying he was down to a couple kits, few weeks later he invoiced me for the other half and everything was good to go. Keep in mind I ordered plain parts so nothing needed to go out and be coated. Right now since the truck isn't here im not under the gun, but would like some honesty on if the parts have not shipped yet and if they have its easy to email or text a picture of the tracking number. Starting to get the feeling something is up, he was paid in full 14 days ago on parts that were supposed to be in stock. I know hes a little shop but hes got to do better than this.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 PM
cain0725
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sucks

i would be mad too

Old 02-22-2019, 07:52 AM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 386 Likes on 258 Posts
that does suck. Unfortunately it's not un heard of from small shops like that. heck the pioneer of nissan titan aftermarket suspension is STILL like that.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:41 AM
Busa 1 Dave
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I hope you used a credit card so you have some recourse.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:43 AM
wicked 2018
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I went through something similar. Initially Chris was very helpful, firing back emails, etc. I then placed my order for RA's and trackbar - which were supposed to ship together.

RA's went out as promised. But no Trackbar in the box. Then went through a similar time like you where communication was poor, etc. In the end I ended up getting them - thank god I wasn't planning my lift around them being there when originally promised as it took a couple more weeks to get the trackbar.

He is a small shop and has a new born. That said, its no excuse when you are in business to not at least have honest communications. Like this thread - you give someone bad customer service and they will tell 5+ people. Hopefully he gets his act together and not get a bad wrap. I do like his parts and are happy with them.

I also wish he would send torque specs with his parts. He sends no directions - which is fine by me as they are easy parts to install, but do need to know proper torque specs.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:50 AM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Well looks like I need to keep pushing on him. I knew he had a new baby and figured his life was busy, but he did post about being back in the shop and I watched his social media accounts as he shows off his work so I know he's working, or well posting of work. I trust he will deliver in the end but he needs to do better. Wicked what did you end up using for torque values? I was thinking of getting the numbers off a Carli kit or something.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:54 PM
wicked 2018
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I used stock specs on trackbar and front RA bolts and rear RA bolts. The rear mount heim bolt on RA is 165ft/lb per Chris and I believe I used 200ft/lb on all the lock nuts (both RA and trackbar). I used blue loctite on lock nuts. Chris recommended red, but I opted for blue.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:20 PM
willynilly
Fleet Mechanic
Received 347 Likes on 213 Posts
in exact situation from another place, motorsport related. they respond right away until they get their money then they wont answer emails or provide tracking info. make up excuses where your stuff is etc. i used paypal so i should have some recourse to get my money back if it comes down to that. its a shame some people have no business skills what so ever and risk flushing their reputaion down the toilet because they were to lazy to answer emails

Old 02-22-2019, 06:47 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 386 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by willynilly
in exact situation from another place, motorsport related. they respond right away until they get their money then they wont answer emails or provide tracking info. make up excuses where your stuff is etc. i used paypal so i should have some recourse to get my money back if it comes down to that. its a shame some people have no business skills what so ever and risk flushing their reputaion down the toilet because they were to lazy to answer emails
Especially in today's world where it takes one thread on a forum to do that.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:59 PM
JetMechJoe
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new baby or not or whatever else pops up in life...when you take someones money you deliver. IF you cannot do that, then you do not belong in business...period. If anything, at least communicate why the "hang up" etc....the OP situation is a perfect example of how to lose business (no i do not intend to come across like a ***, but these type of stories are plentiful and if i were in this situation i would very pissed off and wanting my refund. I then would go elsewhere for those specific parts/services)

Old 02-22-2019, 07:04 PM
willynilly
Fleet Mechanic
Received 347 Likes on 213 Posts
actually you dont even need business skills to know to respond to emails. thats just common sense unless you want a bunch of ticked off people and your name blasted on the forums

Old 02-22-2019, 07:27 PM
wam123
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disappointing, let us know how it works out...

Old 02-22-2019, 08:50 PM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Im really not trying to bash him, and he really can turn me into a great supporter, he just needs to figure it out. I havent asked for a refund, I could since I don't NEED the parts to be happy with the truck but the point is just do the right thing. Sending over one more email today.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:37 PM
STIBUILDER
Mountain Pass
Low and behold UPS sent me a text message this morning letting me know I had a package from Lewis Built, still no communications from Chris. Looks like the package was shipped the morning of the 22nd. Hopefully everything is in the box!

Old 02-23-2019, 06:49 PM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 935 Likes on 737 Posts
Good deal.

As a small business owner and someone who hires a lot of small businesses I’ve learned if for whatever reason someone cant deliver I take recourse, such as a refund, and if needed ‘cut my losses’.

Like I tell my employees “if the guy is busy or is having problems, the guy is busy and having problems so find someone else”. No hard feelings till they dont get paid but that another story

Quick Reply: Lewis Built Performance - Customer Service