Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Codes U024B, U024C - Lost Communication with Seat Control Modules G and H

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:48 AM
MikeDVB
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Codes U024B, U024C - Lost Communication with Seat Control Modules G and H

Hey guys!

So every time I've ever pulled codes from my truck I've always seen codes U024B and U024C. These appear related to the Multi-Contour Heated/Cooled Massage Power seats. The description of the code in my scanner is 'Lost Communication with Seat Control Module "G" [and "H"]'

I've never noticed any issues until today. I hurt my back this morning but still had to drive so I got in the truck and turned on the back massage on high. Stopped at the gas station and shut the truck off and when I came back out I started the truck and pressed the button on the side of the seat and nothing happened [at all]. The display didn't change, massage did not come on, nothing.

I went to the 'Multi Contour Seats' option on the display and when I pressed the 'Massage' button on the screen it wouldn't change to that mode / nothing happened. I pressed the 'Massage' button for the passenger side and it worked as expected.

I shut the truck off and started it back up and the button on the side of the seat worked as expected as did the display.

I'm hoping this is perhaps just a loose connection or something that I can easily fix - but wasn't sure if anybody else had experienced this. The dealership says they want the truck for a few hours to diagnose/investigate/take apart the truck which worries me because every time I've let a dealer take something apart I get it back with scratches / broken clips / etc. Nobody seems to take pride in their work or care about others' belongings - it's 'get them in, get them out, as fast as possible' especially with warranty work.

That said as I was sitting here in a parking lot with the massage running and typing this very post - it just showed 'Massage off and restoring seat settings...' all on it's own without me pressing a thing. As far as I know there is no time-out for this - so it definitely seems like something is off.

I did search for these codes / a description of this issue here on the forums as well as on Google and didn't come back with anything insightful so I'm writing this post hoping that maybe I can get some advice on this.

Any help / suggestions / advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 PM
jcbingcougar
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MikeDVB
That said as I was sitting here in a parking lot with the massage running and typing this very post - it just showed 'Massage off and restoring seat settings...' all on it's own without me pressing a thing. As far as I know there is no time-out for this - so it definitely seems like something is off.
There is a time-out for the massage setting. It is referenced in the manual but going from memory, I believe it shuts off after 20 minutes.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:42 PM
MikeDVB
Senior User
Originally Posted by jcbingcougar
There is a time-out for the massage setting. It is referenced in the manual but going from memory, I believe it shuts off after 20 minutes.
Thank you. Maybe I just never used it that long before.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Slowtrucker
Senior User
Originally Posted by MikeDVB
The dealership says they want the truck for a few hours to diagnose/investigate/take apart the truck which worries me because every time I've let a dealer take something apart I get it back with scratches / broken clips / etc. Nobody seems to take pride in their work or care about others' belongings - it's 'get them in, get them out, as fast as possible' especially with warranty work.

That really sounds like the dealership nearest me that I avoid like the plague. Oh, so does the body shop that used to have a Ford contract with them. We both go to other dealerships 40+ miles away.