6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 08:08 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning gents
I guess being in the half ton for a year now, I completely missed the CJ4 / CK4 fiasco. That would drive me insane, I'm OCD when it comes to some things. I know the engine doesn't care, but once I start with a certain oil, I try to stay with it.....old habits I guess. My Dad ruined me in that area, I guess, I still won't buy Quaker State oil.....for anything. When I was a kid, he railed against QS because of the way it "gummed up" an engine. That was way back when oil came in cardboard cans. Anyway, oil is kinda like politics conversation wise, folks can get pretty heated up over oil
We had high winds all day yesterday, no rain as of yet. We need a little though, if for no other reason but to wash the pollen off my truck, it actually looks yellow right now!

Old 03-07-2017, 09:44 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Howdy Mitch. I had also been warned about Quaker State as you were and for the same reason, but also was warned about Pennzoil. Back then, I was told it was due to a higher paraffin content. Times have changed for sure! I enjoy being properly educated about lots of things, but reading people argue over opinions gets funny sometimes. Nobody likes hearing that what they've been doing for their entire lives has been wrong, so they start tossing out crap to try to back up their opinion. Oh well.
With the rains we have been getting here since Saturday afternoon, there are large, yellow puddles everywhere. Sometimes it looks like a mustard truck exploded.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Good morning to all ye fine Patriots......

Quiet morning here.......sunny, windy (20 mph) and chilly....26°F / -4°C

Today I have a Banquet committee meeting and try to finish the handrails on a staircase at school.......

We have 3 new chicks right now.......waiting for a new shipment at North40 and will pick up 2 or 3 more.........

Good to hear that all the great folks on the 1 Page are doing fine.......

Old 03-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Morning gents
I guess being in the half ton for a year now, I completely missed the CJ4 / CK4 fiasco. That would drive me insane, I'm OCD when it comes to some things. I know the engine doesn't care, but once I start with a certain oil, I try to stay with it.....old habits I guess. My Dad ruined me in that area, I guess, I still won't buy Quaker State oil.....for anything. When I was a kid, he railed against QS because of the way it "gummed up" an engine. That was way back when oil came in cardboard cans. Anyway, oil is kinda like politics conversation wise, folks can get pretty heated up over oil
We had high winds all day yesterday, no rain as of yet. We need a little though, if for no other reason but to wash the pollen off my truck, it actually looks yellow right now!
Haha!! Certain brands of oil.........years ago, I made a vow to never use Pennzoil......not because of their oil, but, after drilling a couple of wells for Pennzoil, personally decided that I was not going to pay wages for some of their drilling personel!!!!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,168 Likes on 568 Posts
Doug, do you guys make oil at the perfume factory or is that a completely different process?

The beemer lives again. Fuel tank was nasty and the pump assembly was trashed. Picked up a used replacement off eBay for $110. They don't sell it as an assembly from BMW, only all the individual parts. They are very proud of their parts, would have been close to $1000 new! Put it all back together and it fired right up. Thought about buying it from my brother until my wife nuked that idea. . Probably just as well, been a while since I rode a bike regularly. Hopefully he can sell it soon, he just bought it to flip anyway.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:27 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Eric, nice bike. Too bad you have to send it back.
We turn crude oil into all sorts of sweet smelling perfumes, such as Diesel fuel and gasoline!

Old 03-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Morning gents
Used to call it caker state... Motor tear downs where caker state was used were all "caked" up with it...

Otherwise, I don't really get into the oil wars. If it is approved grade and rating oil, go for it...

Same with gas or diesel...

---

Stay safe in those storms, glad the people that were already in them are safe.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:28 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dakster
Used to call it caker state... Motor tear downs where caker state was used were all "caked" up with it...

Otherwise, I don't really get into the oil wars. If it is approved grade and rating oil, go for it...

Same with gas or diesel...

---

Stay safe in those storms, glad the people that were already in them are safe.
I agree, intellectually I know as long as it's approved grade, rating, etc it's okay to use and in a pinch I'll switch, but for whatever reason, once I start with a certain oil I'll stick with it.....in my new truck, all I've ran is Motorcraft Syn. blend, on the SD all I ever used was Rotella T6, and the 2011 F150 I ran Amsoil OE exclusively. Took me forever to convince myself to follow a 5K OCI in lieu of 3K.....

Old 03-07-2017, 01:45 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 835 Likes on 156 Posts
Howdy guys!

Eric, nice bike!

You guys worry way too much about oil .....

Have fun fellas

Old 03-07-2017, 01:48 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by darren32
Howdy guys!

Eric, nice bike!

You guys worry way too much about oil .....

Have fun fellas
Lube makes things better.

Howdy Darren!

Old 03-07-2017, 01:49 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 835 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Lube makes things better.

Howdy Darren!
KY or coconut oil .... it's all the same

Howdy Doug!

Old 03-07-2017, 01:53 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
As long as it's not Caker State! Don't want cheese with my lube.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
As long as it's not Caker State! Don't want cheese with my lube.
I prefer no yeast/cheese either... Thanks for that picture Doug...NOT....

Was a brisk -7F out this morning... sun is out now so the temps are up to the teens and the sun feels nice.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:14 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Dak, we don't want stiction caused by buildup.

Enjoy those mild temps in the teens while they last. It will probably drop soon.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:56 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 99150
Monty, you have been having the patience of a saint over your Montana!!! I think by now, I definitely would have had somebody by the neck!!!!
Later!!!
Don, not much I can do as of now. They have it and supposedly are working on trying to repair it. Problem is that I haven't been notified that they started on it, which is pissing me off to no end! I'm afraid the more it gets pushed back, the less likely we will have it mid April for Trent's 10 day spring break camping trip. If it is NOT going to be back by then, I can guarantee you I will go NUCLEAR!!! Starting with the dealer and working my way up, with my "advisement" in tow. I'm over this s**t!!!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most