Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Wife tried to kill my truck! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/931430-wife-tried-to-kill-my-truck.html)

onelionhunter 02-17-2010 10:23 PM

sad deal

Hate it when things like this happen.

I tend to lean with the driver guys tho, working in mining for 12 of the last 20 years, its been beaten into me, walk around the rig and do a visual inspection before starting the truck...

Wife hates it, I circle our rigs like a vulture all the time looking for a weakness, annoying, but a good habit I suppose...

Even helped a lady at the truck stop tonight when fueling my yota, 11 lbs of air in her rear tire I couldn't help but notice.

Guess i am possessed by the weekly safety meetings etc..........

BillyBob69 02-17-2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Orezona (Post 8530157)
She took a few bails of hay out of the bed. 5er gate wouldn't have helped.

This is one of those things that "assuming" bit me in the ass.
I should of checked myself, but being that we train horses, run a rescue ranch, I trailer all over for mounted patrols with the local LEO's, etc etc etc, I assumed that she wouldn't do something like that, but since I am the one usually hauling.... should of checked...and you are right....

A 5er gate would of done the damage too.

Orezona 02-17-2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by BillyBob69 (Post 8530321)
This is one of those things that "assuming" bit me in the ass.
I should of checked myself, but being that we train horses, run a rescue ranch, I trailer all over for mounted patrols with the local LEO's, etc etc etc, I assumed that she wouldn't do something like that, but since I am the one usually hauling.... should of checked...and you are right....

A 5er gate would of done the damage too.

Like I said, I came soooo close a few times last summer to poking a corner of my tailgate through the front storage area of my brand new 5er...

This is a cool place to vent though. :-X22

onelionhunter 02-17-2010 10:28 PM

considering

Forgot what yall do, you ever consider a flatbed and just be done with it all? I have been looking for 6 months for the deal of the century on a used flatbed for mine, as 90% of what i use the truck for is hauling my goose neck and hay. If the insurance pays half decent, maybe a used flatbed would be your best option.

BillyBob69 02-17-2010 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by onelionhunter (Post 8530338)
Forgot what yall do, you ever consider a flatbed and just be done with it all? I have been looking for 6 months for the deal of the century on a used flatbed for mine, as 90% of what i use the truck for is hauling my goose neck and hay. If the insurance pays half decent, maybe a used flatbed would be your best option.

Yea I thought about a flatbed...but I haul too many "things" that a regular 8ft bed is needed. I looked into the flatbeds that have the fold down sides, but then my wife would look at me funny when we take the truck into town for the "night outs" and we pull up somewhere in the "farm truck". She still shines up pretty good and looks good enough to take out on the town...The truck that is. ;):-dancing1:-kneeslap

onelionhunter 02-17-2010 10:48 PM

Such A dilema.....

Hmmm, I think I am feeling your pain here, when she shines up and wants to go out on the town in something shined up, the soon to be flatbed isn't considered a cowboy cadilac so to speak.... Neither is my beat to death daily mine commuter tacoma. So..... Sadly.... I put my cowboy hat in the trunk and scrunch down in "our" "her" clean civic.... How degrading.........

Orezona 02-17-2010 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by onelionhunter (Post 8530406)
Hmmm, I think I am feeling your pain here, when she shines up and wants to go out on the town in something shined up, the soon to be flatbed isn't considered a cowboy cadilac so to speak.... Neither is my beat to death daily mine commuter tacoma. So..... Sadly.... I put my cowboy hat in the trunk and scrunch down in "our" "her" clean civic.... How degrading.........

Now that is funny :-kneeslap. But you do it cause you love her!

onelionhunter 02-17-2010 11:07 PM

hmmmm

"You do it because you Love her"

I would suppose you have a point, ill married 5 years come June. Thinking back, I remember going to Bull Whackers Pool hall in the civic, then to the PBR in Billings MT, then to the Wild West dancing after one day when were dating, all in the CIVIC..... With my best friend as a witness in the back seat :-X19 Guess I have been hooked for a long time now........