Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   laptop diagnostic programs.... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/890456-laptop-diagnostic-programs.html)

Meeks 10-06-2009 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by truckeemtnfords (Post 8004760)
The good thing about the pink computer is no one will want to steal it from you.

You got a point lol

Cuda_jim 10-06-2009 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Meeks (Post 8004314)
thats the brand he recommended just don't think it will mate up with my mac. Is that the handheld or the one for a laptop?

How would I get in touch with Clay?

Just a heads up..........
I use AE on my MacBook Pro Laptop (intel processor) but you need VMware Fusion to run Windoz.

It works perfectly.

Meeks 10-06-2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cuda_jim (Post 8004985)
Just a heads up..........
I use AE on my MacBook Pro Laptop (intel processor) but you need VMware Fusion to run Windoz.

It works perfectly.

So you don't need windows to run it?? And i'm not sure what processor I have. Not to up on all this yet, I can use a comp fine just not good at the specs.

Riffraff Diesel 10-06-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meeks (Post 8006615)
So you don't need windows to run it?? And i'm not sure what processor I have. Not to up on all this yet, I can use a comp fine just not good at the specs.

The newer MacBooks use Intel processors, but if you have a PowerBook it has the older processor and can't run windows on it. What laptop do you have? Are you running Leopard?

Meeks 10-06-2009 08:11 PM

It's a Mac Book and it's only six months old. So i'm pretty sure it is. I know it's not snow leopard. But will that even help me run the program without adding new software? And I was wondering how long does it usually take on shipping for the program. And does it have an upgrade for OBD. My Lexus is 95 but the snap on tool used the OBDII connector and wasn't sure if it would work on it?

Riffraff Diesel 10-06-2009 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meeks (Post 8007289)
It's a Mac Book and it's only six months old. So i'm pretty sure it is. I know it's not snow leopard. But will that even help me run the program without adding new software? And I was wondering how long does it usually take on shipping for the program. And does it have an upgrade for OBD. My Lexus is 95 but the snap on tool used the OBDII connector and wasn't sure if it would work on it?

Your Mac will work, but you will have to buy Windows to load on it. You can use Boot Camp to run it, or VMFusion, Parallels. Shipping is the same day you order it usually.

jkidd_39 10-06-2009 10:21 PM

I used bootcamp on mine. I just split my hard drive into my main mac HD and a 10GB portion for windows to run on.

FYI.. if you are a college student then Microsoft will give you a copy of windows for free!