Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   FOMOCO Diesel fuel Additive (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/772222-fomoco-diesel-fuel-additive.html)

Nipperdog 09-03-2008 11:57 AM

FOMOCO Diesel fuel Additive

I've had my 6.4 for a little over a year now and have been getting a solid 13.5MPG. I have had no issues with th truck, however I have been tempted to try some of the Ford diesel fuel conditioner. Has anyone who has used it noticed any improvemrnt in their engine preformance??

parkland 09-07-2008 12:36 AM

This should be in the 6.4 section,

If you need better mileage, straightpipe the exhaust and get a tuner.

Nipperdog 09-08-2008 09:43 AM

Yes I know sorry for the mistake and thank you for bringing it to my attention

That_Guy 09-16-2008 10:51 AM

ive used the stuff you can get from ford, it works and depending on the price it would be worth it. The cetane booster added 1 mpg plus it help it fire right up when it was colder.

Blue Water Runner 11-02-2008 08:12 AM

Cetane boost video:

YouTube - Motorcraft Cetane Boost Video

mnmwhit 11-14-2008 08:19 PM

I use FOMOCO treatment all the time. I dont know if it has improved my fuel economy. But I can tell you my fuel has NEVER gelled. And my filters dont clog in the cold weather. And my truck always starts quick and idles smooth in the cold. Mobil-1 every oil change and I use Ford's Cetane booster every tank and in the winter I use thier winter Anti gell and the Cetane booster in every tank. It works for me.

67nukeford 12-04-2008 01:21 PM

I was thinking of switching to the FOMOCO addiitive. I've been using Stanadyne for about 2 1/2 years now. Never had a problem, but man, that stuff is getting pricey!! So I might be switching over.

FORD RANGER 12-04-2008 05:30 PM

hi guys,
seafoam has a anti gel in it. and that stuff will keep your injectors clean. it works with gas or diesels. and i have used that product before and it works good.

jack

Blue Water Runner 01-16-2009 02:18 PM

Seafoam does not increase cetane.Low cetane is a big problem on EGR equipped vehicles.

shdwlkr 02-12-2009 08:41 PM

I switched from diesel kleen to fords fuel additive and seen an improvement in the way the engine runs. As to fuel mileage its hard to tell as most of the time it is short trips 30 miles each way and around town.
In the december I went to SLC on 35 gallons and cruised at 68-70 most of the time and it was 628 miles each way. Had the summer additive on the way up and winter grade on the way home.

buckarooranch 02-15-2009 09:07 PM

Couple of years back, a tech at a Ford dealership bugged me into trying it. He was right. When towing a 5th wheel, my mileage improved about 2-3 mpg and it seemed to run smoother. I have also used Power Service brand, but it takes more, and I don't see the mpg increases, even though it seems to work well as an anti-gel.

We live in eastern WA where they change the fuel in the winter. Both additives work great for no gelling, but I usually don't see any increase in mileage until the summer blend.

It's worth a try!

Oh yea...I'm running an '01 7.3, 6 spd, 4x4, crew cab.

FORD RANGER 02-15-2009 11:26 PM

power service brand i've used for over 20 years!

Lubbockguy1979 02-16-2009 02:25 PM

I've used the ford additive it was given to me by a tech after I had the oil cooler replaced.... I didn't notice any difference between it and the dieselkleen. I also bought some justice bros diesel treatment all of them pretty much seemed the same. The tech said the ford stuff was pretty reasonable but I use the diesel kleen simply bc I can get it anywhere... Autozone walmart etc

jfralph 02-19-2009 02:33 PM

I have an 05 6.0 with issues. I was talked into the ford additive by a service person. I have about 45000 miles on the truck, and I notice about a 7-8% improvement in fuel mileage. I also use a seperate anti-gel/cleaner so its properties in that regard are less of a concern. My mileage gains may also be attributed to work on the truck in correcting some of its issues, as well as the increase in mileage some claim from the additional miles on the truck. Your guess on that one!

Good Luck.

blue_350 02-23-2009 12:15 AM

diesel additive

I used the power service brand because it was cheaper and I also used the standyne brand it cost about 3 dollars more per bottle never seen a difference the only difference I ve seen in fuel economy was switching oils
from shell rotella 15/40 to shell rotella synthetic 5/40 makes the truck start better in the winter to