Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOMOCO Diesel fuel Additive

Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Nipperdog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
FOMOCO Diesel fuel Additive

I've had my 6.4 for a little over a year now and have been getting a solid 13.5MPG. I have had no issues with th truck, however I have been tempted to try some of the Ford diesel fuel conditioner. Has anyone who has used it noticed any improvemrnt in their engine preformance??

Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 AM
parkland
Post Fiend
parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
This should be in the 6.4 section,

If you need better mileage, straightpipe the exhaust and get a tuner.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Nipperdog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yes I know sorry for the mistake and thank you for bringing it to my attention

Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM
That_Guy
Postmaster
That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.
ive used the stuff you can get from ford, it works and depending on the price it would be worth it. The cetane booster added 1 mpg plus it help it fire right up when it was colder.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Blue Water Runner
Junior User
Blue Water Runner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:19 PM
mnmwhit
Elder User
mnmwhit is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I use FOMOCO treatment all the time. I dont know if it has improved my fuel economy. But I can tell you my fuel has NEVER gelled. And my filters dont clog in the cold weather. And my truck always starts quick and idles smooth in the cold. Mobil-1 every oil change and I use Ford's Cetane booster every tank and in the winter I use thier winter Anti gell and the Cetane booster in every tank. It works for me.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:21 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
I was thinking of switching to the FOMOCO addiitive. I've been using Stanadyne for about 2 1/2 years now. Never had a problem, but man, that stuff is getting pricey!! So I might be switching over.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
hi guys,
seafoam has a anti gel in it. and that stuff will keep your injectors clean. it works with gas or diesels. and i have used that product before and it works good.

jack

Old 01-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Blue Water Runner
Junior User
Blue Water Runner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seafoam does not increase cetane.Low cetane is a big problem on EGR equipped vehicles.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 PM
shdwlkr
Senior User
shdwlkr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I switched from diesel kleen to fords fuel additive and seen an improvement in the way the engine runs. As to fuel mileage its hard to tell as most of the time it is short trips 30 miles each way and around town.
In the december I went to SLC on 35 gallons and cruised at 68-70 most of the time and it was 628 miles each way. Had the summer additive on the way up and winter grade on the way home.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:07 PM
buckarooranch
Freshman User
buckarooranch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Couple of years back, a tech at a Ford dealership bugged me into trying it. He was right. When towing a 5th wheel, my mileage improved about 2-3 mpg and it seemed to run smoother. I have also used Power Service brand, but it takes more, and I don't see the mpg increases, even though it seems to work well as an anti-gel.

We live in eastern WA where they change the fuel in the winter. Both additives work great for no gelling, but I usually don't see any increase in mileage until the summer blend.

It's worth a try!

Oh yea...I'm running an '01 7.3, 6 spd, 4x4, crew cab.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
power service brand i've used for over 20 years!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Postmaster
Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I've used the ford additive it was given to me by a tech after I had the oil cooler replaced.... I didn't notice any difference between it and the dieselkleen. I also bought some justice bros diesel treatment all of them pretty much seemed the same. The tech said the ford stuff was pretty reasonable but I use the diesel kleen simply bc I can get it anywhere... Autozone walmart etc

Old 02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
jfralph
Elder User
jfralph is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have an 05 6.0 with issues. I was talked into the ford additive by a service person. I have about 45000 miles on the truck, and I notice about a 7-8% improvement in fuel mileage. I also use a seperate anti-gel/cleaner so its properties in that regard are less of a concern. My mileage gains may also be attributed to work on the truck in correcting some of its issues, as well as the increase in mileage some claim from the additional miles on the truck. Your guess on that one!

Good Luck.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 AM
blue_350
New User
blue_350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
diesel additive

I used the power service brand because it was cheaper and I also used the standyne brand it cost about 3 dollars more per bottle never seen a difference the only difference I ve seen in fuel economy was switching oils
from shell rotella 15/40 to shell rotella synthetic 5/40 makes the truck start better in the winter to

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FOMOCO Diesel fuel Additive

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: