Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   2006 F-150 aux input (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/447156-2006-f-150-aux-input.html)

spammenotok 01-06-2006 07:36 PM

2006 F-150 aux input

Hi

I just got my new ford - I was wondering if anybody knew how I might tap into the aux input on the single cd/radio unit?

I have not taken the unit apart yet want to know if it is worth it. I went to my dealer - they had no clue - I emailed ford I told them what the dealer said asked for their help - they said to get a helm book and/or contact my dealer (guess they didn't read my email completely).

Thanks

GordoPanocho 01-07-2006 01:49 PM

You might try searching for "aux" or "p.i.e." ... etc. Quite simply, you'll most likely find it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to tap into the aux input. The brains behind the head unit are such that you are VERY limited in modding it. The aux is only supposed to support the Ford DVD add-on. There is an aftermarket cable that's now available which has allowed others to hookup iPods, satellite, etc.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=813

spammenotok 01-19-2006 06:58 PM

Thanks for the info

I emailed them and they said it would work with my cd/radio so I ordered it. Just waiting on delivery.

RangerWask 01-20-2006 10:12 AM

Im really interested to know how this works out, if you can post your results here that would be great...

THANKS!

F150HD 01-21-2006 08:34 PM

I would like to know as well.......Bump

RangerWask 01-21-2006 09:34 PM

My biggest question is where does the input go so you can plug the ipod in... sorry, unclear from everything i have read (and yes, I have done the searches, no one has posted pics)

04chargreyfx4 01-22-2006 08:42 AM

on my 06 FX4, with 6cd/mp3, aux button turns on the Siruis satellite ( spelling ) radio - came 'free' for 6 months...

spammenotok 01-23-2006 09:02 PM

I got it today - if I have the time this weekend I will try installing it. I am little nervous about opening the unit and breaking something accidentally on my new truck – wish me luck!

I will tell you how it goes.

JackDob 01-24-2006 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by RangerWask
My biggest question is where does the input go so you can plug the ipod in... sorry, unclear from everything i have read (and yes, I have done the searches, no one has posted pics)

The unit has RCA jacks. I installed mine behind the dash under the radio and connected it to the Audio out from my Sirius unit..

Jack

spammenotok 01-24-2006 09:45 PM

Jackbob is there any tips or things I should know when taking my dash apart?

swhite005 01-25-2006 02:32 AM

Open the ashtray...Pull the trim around the radio and AC controls from the bottom, just above the ashtray. The trim piece is held in by 4 clips, no screws. Once that is off, 4 screws hold the radio in place. When the screws are removed, pull stereo out and plug PIE into proper outlet.

JackDob 01-25-2006 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by swhite005
Open the ashtray...Pull the trim around the radio and AC controls from the bottom, just above the ashtray. The trim piece is held in by 4 clips, no screws. Once that is off, 4 screws hold the radio in place. When the screws are removed, pull stereo out and plug PIE into proper outlet.

Actually this is the scariest part... That piece is tough to get off but is it friction held only.. I would say more than four... maybe six or eight.. Pull evenly on both sides.. same techique is used to hold the side panel on between the dash and the door... there is a couple of inch hole in that panel that is used to move air to the vents in the door. Try that one for practice..

Once you have that panel off rest is easy. Start at bottom and increase pressrue evenly on both sides until the first two pop.. then you will have the idea..

Jack