Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   Rough Idle & Stalling (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/415226-rough-idle-and-stalling.html)

mwpierson 10-06-2005 09:59 AM

Why turn the dial counter-clockwise, when a few turns in the other direction could take you to a 7.3? :-X14

Mike

SLE 10-06-2005 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by F250Wheels
we were talking real truck motors here 8D

Forgive me, I forgot unless it rattles like a tin can, smokes like a Bon Fire, stalls at stop signs, costs an arm and a leg extra, and has the fuel only avalable at truck stops, its not classified as a real truck motor, GET REAL!!! And JFYI, Motors are electric based and and engines are fuel based, technically speaking.

SpartanDieselTech 10-06-2005 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by SLE
Forgive me, I forgot unless it rattles like a tin can, smokes like a Bon Fire, stalls at stop signs, costs an arm and a leg extra, and has the fuel only avalable at truck stops, its not classified as a real truck motor, GET REAL!!! And JFYI, Motors are electric based and and engines are fule based, technically speaking.

Wow.

You start the crap to begin with and then get defensive.

Get over it and grow up, this is a diesel forum to begin with.

PS- you sound like you are having a revving contest from your earlier post...can I join in?

kw5413 10-06-2005 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Maxium4x4
True the 6.403 is only a Texus issued engine because the cattle horns on the hood create to much drag.....}>

You guys weren't paying attention...Those are only disguised as horns to enhance the already good looks...haven't you read the all the hype about the new 6.4 Horn Back Exhaust mod? Opps...a Texas specific mod. You can't get one. :'(

kw5413 10-06-2005 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
Wow.

You start the crap to begin with and then get defensive.

Get over it and grow up, this is a diesel forum to begin with.

PS- you sound like you are having a revving contest from your earlier post...can I join in?

Yep, PSD.

Here we are trying to have a fun thread, making wild, goofy stuff up...then someone starts yelling.

If your throwing water in the mud hole you're bound to get a little mud on ya.

Lighten up...have fun SLE. :-X22

mattsf250 10-06-2005 02:28 PM

bummer, us v8 powerstroke owners buy a v8, and have to keep a v8....... the v10 guys get to look forward to blowing a few spark plugs out, and downsizing to help with their gas milage..........thats REAL variable displacement.

how many MPG's DO YOU pick up with a 6.8L V8 as opposed to all ten firing? gets it up to 11 or so i bet!

as for the 6.4, heck, if ford would use some real rods (actual forged steel 4340, even 5140!) and if ARP can come up with some decent head studs, we would not need a displacement increase! just some more injector, and a little bigger compressor on the turbo.

ohh, nevermind.......some of you guys waste a perfectly good PERFORMANCE engine by using it for towing :grin:

SLE 10-06-2005 03:17 PM

Sorry If I got razzled a bit on the last post, the first ones I was just given ya guys crap since there have been many noted "teething" problems with the 6.0L. I just get a bit defensive when someone has to go and make a post saying "that if it isn't a smoker it isn't a real engine". I can take some light hearted plug launchin jokes and poor mileage requests but to say the above I think is a bit off the deep end. And FYI the current tank of fuel probably won't make much more than 5-6mpg, 11 yeh right.

On the other hand I havn't ever used four low as much as I have over the last two days. We had a snow storm that dumped somewhere between 10"-15" of wet heavy slushy junk. My road to my house looks like we live on some inhabitable priarie trail, which since I haven't had electricty of over 36 hours now it's getting pretty much to the inhabitable point, I never apprieciated heat, running water, and electricity untill I didn't have any!!! Getting a hot shower at the inlaws never felt so good!! I've some how logged 35 miles in four low yet I didnt' cover more than 15-20. I'm thinking the excurssions through the ditch and the backup and try again to get through the drifts attitude added a few miles along with a continuous set of spining tires.

Real mileage is 13-14mpg hwy and 10-12mpg City!!! 7-9mpg with the camper and boat together.

Hey does that texas edition have a pair of gahoneys hangin from the rear??? How about a pair of chrome stacks with maybe some black saddle leather, are those horns optional or std equipment, lol. As far as the dial I think I turn mine until it says CAT!!!

Back to the topic,

SLE 10-06-2005 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4

All reving contests are welcome, stock form of course other wise I'll have to breakout the RC car (nitro of course) The whooping 1/4 HP is good for about 50mph but its a bit peaky at 14k rpms.........

kw5413 10-06-2005 03:22 PM

Thanks SLE...Stay warm and be careful out there.

The only snow I care to see is when my cable goes out. Then that makes me mad. :mad:

:-X10

mwpierson 10-06-2005 03:34 PM

Happy to see PSD and KW back on the boards!

Mike

Kep4 10-06-2005 06:21 PM

My neighbors brother has a friend that knows a guy at a Ford Dealership who said Ford is going to buy 'Cummings' back in 2009. 'Cummings' will have the new 5.9 525/900 engine to go into all Ford trucks. This means the 6.4 will be the shortest lived Diesel engine ever.

I'm waiting until then to trade in my PSD because I also heard from another neighbor that a guy he knows said that Ford will also be going with Allison 10-speed automatics. I only hope my truck lasts that long.

I think I read about all that somewhere too.....

Maxium4x4 10-06-2005 06:39 PM

Cummings a new engine company? I know Dodge uses Cummins engines.....:-X10

mattsf250 10-06-2005 06:48 PM

c'mon, enough foolin around.
everyone knows ford is using john deer for the new 6.4!!!!!!!!!

Maxium4x4 10-06-2005 06:56 PM

Let me look, hummmm.....The valve cover on my 6.4 says WaterLoo on it.....

underp2 10-06-2005 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by mrxlh
See, I told you you had some catching up to do. But because of your hiatis, you are behind. The 6.397 is what is being offered in 47 conus. The 6.403 is currently only offered in Texas, cause as you well know everything is bigger inTexas. :-X07

Ryan
IH....."Too fast to farm, too slow to truck"

The new 6.4 will only be 45 state legal for emissions. sorry CA, MA, VT, ME, & NY. :-roll
It is also known to cause cancer in the state of california. :-rip