Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   July Incentives and/or PCO (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1545023-july-incentives-and-or-pco.html)

Gumbeaux 06-22-2018 05:21 PM

July Incentives and/or PCO

Am trying to buy but the incentives just aren't great right now. Have found the truck I want, and a buddy of mine works at the dealership, so I'm getting invoice, half of the hold back, and the available rebates right now which isn't much...$1000 I think. I just refuse to buy without that PCO or the equivalent. If Ford is still making money by giving away an extra $3000 to random folks, then they will still make money if they give that $3000 to me. I'm not paying more based on the luck of the draw. Been a loyal Ford customer for a while but this is upsetting me.

I told my buddy that I'm holding off until at least July to see if the incentives get better on the '18s. He tried to get me the PCO but the system says I'm not eligible. Not sure if it's actually me or if the program is just on hold for now. Any rumors as to when PCO comes back or as to what the July incentives will be? Going to have to total up to at least $4K before I'll do a deal.

Thanks!

Crabbman P 06-22-2018 06:11 PM

The PCOs do seem to have dried up as no one is reporting getting them. Perhaps after July 9 some new stuff will come out. But inventories may be getting down from the shutdown and demand leading to less discounts? This thread below discusses it.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...discounts.html

David1986 06-22-2018 06:41 PM

I'm in the same boat except I can't find a truck without the gaudy chrome package. I refuse to pay an extra $1,300 for more chrome that the truck doesn't need.

Back to your question as others have stated, I don't see incentives getting any better, due to the two week shutdown an dwindling inventory. Ford doesn't need to increase the incentives to sell them. They are selling out without any additional incentives. My dealer normally stocks around 80 Super Duties and now has less than 18.

If you have a truck you want, you better get it before someone else does. July incentives at best might be another $500, however I wouldn't count on it.

Ford will probably run out of Super Duties in some locations before the 19's hit their dealers lots.

Good luck with your purchase!

Gumbeaux 06-22-2018 06:48 PM

I'm not paying an extra $3K just to get that truck.

2017s on the lots are still pretty common around here, plenty of 18s, and 19s will be hitting shortly. I'm not paying that premium.

If Ford keeps it the same in July I'll probably end up with a Cummins.

cowzrul 06-22-2018 07:39 PM

I’m right there with you. Pains me to know I just missed the PCOs but I still need to make a decision regardless. The reason I will most likely buy next week is my primary dealer I work with is giving me top dollar for my 18 F250 Platinum. He said that they are selling every Super Duty they can get. The limited 350 DRW is a weird duck plus it just hit their lot this week. I would hate to wait until after July 9th and the incentives not get better and the availibilty be worse.

Gumbeaux 06-22-2018 08:09 PM

Sounds like you're trading in what I'm wanting to buy. We should talk!

jnphobe 06-22-2018 08:49 PM

Looks like I'll get to use my 3K PCO my truck just came in today http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....8W3DT3JEC54703

Gumbeaux 06-22-2018 09:11 PM

Congrats! Glad you got it. Just reinforces my requirement to get it before I purchase or no deal for me. Going to try an end around on this...will let you guys know how it works out.

wntrwhte 06-22-2018 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux (Post 18051013)
Congrats! Glad you got it. Just reinforces my requirement to get it before I purchase or no deal for me. Going to try an end around on this...will let you guys know how it works out.

If your plan is to ask the dealer to give you the $3k anyway, it won't work - they get reimbursed by Ford for these and don't make $3k less on the truck. If you don't have a certificate for them to file - no dice.

That said there are dealers that are going well back of invoice on these so there might not be another $4k in the deal but there's probably $2k if you can find a published price that they'll match.

Gumbeaux 06-22-2018 09:23 PM

Nah, not going to the dealer...I'm cutting out the middle man.

cowzrul 06-22-2018 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux (Post 18050938)
Sounds like you're trading in what I'm wanting to buy. We should talk!

I am in OKC. You close?

Gumbeaux 06-22-2018 10:31 PM

About 5-6 hours south of you. I'm just north of Austin.

cowzrul 06-23-2018 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux (Post 18051125)
About 5-6 hours south of you. I'm just north of Austin.

Let me know if your interested. I fly home tomorrow night and can send you pictures of my monroney sticker and pictures.

wntrwhte 06-23-2018 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux (Post 18051024)
Nah, not going to the dealer...I'm cutting out the middle man.

unless you’re buying used I don’t see how it’s possible to “cut out the middle man” in which case you’re shopping for a different truck than your original post was about...

Gumbeaux 06-23-2018 08:15 AM

Not cutting out the middle man for the truck, cutting out the middle man for the PCO.

Cowzrul, I'll send you a private message.