Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   New Ranch Hand bumper install today (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1543488-new-ranch-hand-bumper-install-today.html)

Bohen 06-09-2018 10:45 PM

New Ranch Hand bumper install today

Mhmmmmm . Ok

senix 06-10-2018 07:13 AM

ranch hand bumpers are pretty stout. Looks nice.

smoky_diesel 06-12-2018 02:10 PM

Nice!
(but, I think you need more lighting :) )

Bohen 06-13-2018 05:32 AM

I will be giving my review of quality and craftsmanship of this bumper and customer service soon .

jav_eee 06-13-2018 08:52 AM

We know how good those bumpers are. I'm more interested in how those lights perform.

Bohen 06-14-2018 08:58 PM

I had to get another relay it was too much draw from all four lights at once when it is done I will post photos for when it was hooked up incredibly bright, the yellow lenses are great for fog but when I have the clear lenses on the flood and spot night and day

Bohen 06-15-2018 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by jav_eee (Post 18034513)
We know how good those bumpers are. I'm more interested in how those lights perform.

like I said I will keep you posted on this bumper on the quality craftsmanship and what not as well as the company that is all that I can say at this time and their customer service and marketing

Overkill2 06-17-2018 01:56 PM

Nice looking truck and nasty looking bumper. Congrats on winning... I'm sure that a whitetail would bounce right off and the truck would be fine. What brand are those monster LED lights? If I didn't want a plow to take care of the snow here, I'd love a big heavy duty bumper like that up front protecting the grill and headlights.

Bohen 06-17-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Overkill2 (Post 18041336)
Nice looking truck and nasty looking bumper. Congrats on winning... I'm sure that a whitetail would bounce right off and the truck would be fine. What brand are those monster LED lights? If I didn't want a plow to take care of the snow here, I'd love a big heavy duty bumper like that up front protecting the grill and headlights.

They had a sale on ebay 20% off and each light came with two plastic lens one clear spot and a clear flood too . I just put a luminx yellow film on some for fog and what not. They're bright with the yellow but they are super bright without the Yellow . They also have breathers on the back side to release any type of moisture that does buildup I slightly tightened all the Allen bolts
if you are running four of them I recommend to separate relays minimum of 300 watts each these are the ones I got

Bohen 06-17-2018 02:57 PM

Well worth it

Bohen 11-03-2018 09:42 AM

From our camping trip at the coast last month I went with the three lights instead of the four it's a lot easier on the wire harness and clears up the front a little bit and if something goes wrong with them I have a backup even though they have a warranty it's always nice to have a backup everyone have a great weekend ( Cheers )Washington State
Here's my two good fur kids the dad and his son these ones are probably the favorite because they never argue with me and never question me God bless these kind of kids

Update on the bumper that I won after going back and forth a little bit and sending them photos on really bad welds and pit marks just the bumper should have never left they had sent it out we're supposed to contact me when they sent the bumper to the shop. They never did contact me to tell when it would arrive I called RH to find out why they never contacted me that so that I can make plans for the reinstallment I've haven't heard back from them at all not even if I approved the bumper or not which of course I did it looks good much better than the first one though the powder coating is not what it should be in certain crevices but it is what it is Stout bumper very impressed but things went upside down with the company when I told him that I wasn't happy with the shotty work I said maybe they could take the bumper back the bad one so that they could show their employees still heard no word back. And to those reading this yes I know it's a run-on sentence I just woke up talking through my phone haven't had my coffee . And a side note the only reason why I bring up the Babbling about them contacting me and whatnot is because they were on the ball before I complain about the bad workmanship in about quality control and sent them multiple pictures and once they resent the other one it was like I got ghosted.

2006powerstroke90 11-03-2018 09:51 AM

I just removed the same exact bumper off my truck this week, came with the truck when I bought it, and I just couldn't seem to like it.

Definitely a HD bumper for sure, I sold mine for $500 and who knew id be about $1500 into a new front bumper....crazy!!!!!

jav_eee 11-03-2018 02:46 PM

You complained about the build quality of something you won and asked for another one? Talk about first-world problems!

Bohen 11-04-2018 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by jav_eee (Post 18285168)
You complained about the build quality of something you won and asked for another one? Talk about first-world problems!

first off let me say I'm proud to be an American and I believe in America and the products we make that being said here goes ... I would not have complained at the bumper was completely free but I paid for the upgrade cost so that being said no one in their right mind would except the quality of bumper that I received it went through many welders as well as different departments before the finished product was pushed out and it looked like garbage from incomplete welds to burn through marks that compromise integrity of the structure in certain areas my son could even manipulate some spots or support welds that were supposed to be done correctly. Welders should have applied the correct compound before welding so that any of the BB splatters could have been scraped off that was not the case and it wasn't like there were just a few hear it looked like it had the chickenpox if my son or wife decided to do a nice job for me and surprise me by washing the truck which is no easy chore and they didn't pay attention when going over the BB's they would have cut their hand the powder coating did not even cover or was sufficient enough to make them smooth they were still Jagged unacceptable right there. Seems where the welds connected metal were already rusted there is rust in multiple spots just not the welds so the powder coater Department didn't take the time to see the finished product and push it through again. Back to the welders there were burn through marks from the welding in multiple spots they were incomplete welds in multiple areas not just here and there but over half of the bumper where it compromised the integrity and structure of the bumper they could have taken the time cut off the pieces that were burnt through that was ridiculous, reground it down And welded it again . Again I understand free is free and no one has a spot to complain but that is not the case here they should have taken a little bit more pride in their product what's to say that my bumper wasn't the only one that comes out of there and looking like that . maybe a ranchers not going to complain about it because they're banging into crap or what not but everyone should take pride in what they put out as a product especially if you Pride yourself on being an American company. I mean brand new bumper pay for the upgrade I want to be the one who damages it not the factory that just made it and sent it to me damaged. Customer service was great before everything Fast And Timely responses to emails and photos but once I let them know how bad the bumper was and they were supposed to correspond back there was none of that not even to see if I was happy with that bumper. When choosing the upgraded bumper for extra cost I was told that the powder coating on this bumper looks much better then the flat matte one on their Newer by the company. Apparently they didn't look at the product before it left their facility it's bad when people can purchase stuff from overseas and it looks better than something that is made a couple states away I was more than happy to point out these things so that they can address it with those they're so that it it could be remedied and fixed we should be accountable for our jobs and what we do.. I'm a very proud American I was raised that way not some sniffling whining human that squats in this country . Thanks for hearing my rant and allowing to expresses a little bit more in depth. GOD BLESS AMERICA
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...7cd8fec150.jpg

ExtremeDuty 11-06-2018 10:01 AM

Shopping for bumpers for the new '18. Not dissing on RH bumpers but all of them I see around here (a lot) have developed pretty serious rust, and it's pretty dry climate.