Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   FORscan Houston area (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1543053-forscan-houston-area.html)

Tex68w 06-06-2018 09:51 AM

FORscan Houston area

I will be in Katy this weekend, anyone in the area that can do some quick FORscan work on my truck? Thanks!

CACRanger 06-06-2018 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tex68w (Post 18022801)
I will be in Katy this weekend, anyone in the area that can do some quick FORscan work on my truck? Thanks!

What all do you need done? I may be able to help you out.

Tex68w 06-06-2018 11:04 AM

Most importantly I'd like to change the tire size (37x12.50x20) so that it reflects the speed and MPG's correctly along with lowering the minimum PSI/TPMS (50psi) so that I don't get the low tire pressure warning.

I wouldn't mind doing the following as well:

* Remove double honk when exiting with key while truck is running
* Auto fold side mirrors with lock/power off
* Add DPF% gauge
* Increase signal flash to 5 like it does in tow mode
* Extend power point time out for outlets
* Bambi mode for lights, high beams on with fogs
* Heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel icon on home screen
* Add number over gauges

Thanks!

CACRanger 06-06-2018 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tex68w (Post 18022918)
Most importantly I'd like to change the tire size (37x12.50x20) so that it reflects the speed and MPG's correctly along with lowering the minimum PSI/TPMS (50psi) so that I don't get the low tire pressure warning.

I wouldn't mind doing the following as well:

* Remove double honk when exiting with key while truck is running
* Auto fold side mirrors with lock/power off
* Add DPF% gauge
* Increase signal flash to 5 like it does in tow mode
* Bambi mode for lights, high beams on with fogs
* Heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel icon on home screen
* Add number over gauges

Thanks!

What does your schedule look like for the weekend?

I have done all the above to my truck with the exception of:

* Add DPF% gauge

Do you know what code you want to input for the 37" tall tires?

Thanks,

Chris

Tex68w 06-06-2018 11:15 AM

I am free Saturday morning and through into mid afternoon. I can easily meet you wherever you like during that time frame. I have no clue what codes to use for any of this stuff. I was supposed to get together with another guy a few months back for all of this but it never happened lol. Is there somewhere I can look for these codes?

brentadams646 06-07-2018 02:16 PM

I think the maximum tire size you can re-calibrate the system using FORscan is 35's. I'm also running 37's, and everything I've read regarding 37's or larger, says that you can technically make the changes in the system, but it will ultimately result in a CEL. If you want to properly re-calibrate for 37's or larger, you need to use either a Hypertech inline module that plugs in behind the dash. I believe you can also do this if you're deleted and running a tuner, but I may be wrong.

CACRanger, since you have experience with this: I'm running 42 psi up front and 32 psi in the rear, can you adjust the parameters that low with FORscan? If not, can the low tire warning light be turned off while still being able to see and monitor the tire pressures?

tylerleach62 03-05-2019 03:05 PM

Removing double Honk on f-250

I was curious if you still are interested in doing a little quick Forscan work. I would like to remove the double Honk feature whenever I leave my truck running . I’m in the woodlands area but can meet you obviously .

tylerleach62@gmail.com

WEHRING 03-05-2019 06:31 PM

X2

CACRanger - x2 on help please. Willing to pay. Was looking today to see what I need to buy to change my truck. Does not make sense for a one time adjustment.

Please call 9seven9 997 3one12

justin
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...babffdc565.png

CACRanger 03-05-2019 06:37 PM

Sorry guys, I have been swamped lately with work and my daughter's softball.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you guys my cell phone so that we can text and set something up.

Thanks,

Chris

CACRanger 03-05-2019 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by brentadams646 (Post 18025141)
I think the maximum tire size you can re-calibrate the system using FORscan is 35's. I'm also running 37's, and everything I've read regarding 37's or larger, says that you can technically make the changes in the system, but it will ultimately result in a CEL. If you want to properly re-calibrate for 37's or larger, you need to use either a Hypertech inline module that plugs in behind the dash. I believe you can also do this if you're deleted and running a tuner, but I may be wrong.

CACRanger, since you have experience with this: I'm running 42 psi up front and 32 psi in the rear, can you adjust the parameters that low with FORscan? If not, can the low tire warning light be turned off while still being able to see and monitor the tire pressures?

Yes...if you turn off the low pressure warning light you can still see the pressures on the monitor.

Thanks,

Chris

Toledo 03-05-2019 08:51 PM

anyone out in manvel/pearland area? im considering buying the stuff for forscan but id like some help from a live person not just a video

tylerleach62 03-05-2019 10:05 PM

It wouldn’t let me PM you for some reason. My email is tylerleach62@gmail.com if you don’t mind. Don’t know what the deal is.

Joe T 03-05-2019 11:30 PM

Subscribing. Need to install the changable ambient lights first though!

tonywilliams6653 06-24-2019 01:09 PM

Forscan

Originally Posted by CACRanger (Post 18522109)
Sorry guys, I have been swamped lately with work and my daughter's softball.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you guys my cell phone so that we can text and set something up.

Thanks,

Chris

Can you do forscan on a 2018 f250. I want to get a couple things changed on my truck. I live in Houston. Shoot me a email if possible tonywilliams6653@gmail.com

TexGuy 07-09-2019 01:46 AM

FORScan help needed

Hello Guys,
My 2006 Ford Escape has a bad Door Lock Actuator and I need to find out which one it is in the GEM Module / data logger with FORScan. I've had to order a new OBD cable to reach the data logger and may need some help with how to do this with FORScan, if that does not work I'm in the 290 area of NW Houston, lol

TexGuy aka Edward