Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORscan Houston area

 
  #1  
Old 06-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Tex68w's Avatar
Tex68w
Tex68w is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Texas
Posts: 265
Tex68w is starting off with a positive reputation.
FORscan Houston area

I will be in Katy this weekend, anyone in the area that can do some quick FORscan work on my truck? Thanks!
 
  #2  
Old 06-06-2018, 10:32 AM
CACRanger
CACRanger is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 111
CACRanger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Tex68w View Post
I will be in Katy this weekend, anyone in the area that can do some quick FORscan work on my truck? Thanks!
What all do you need done? I may be able to help you out.
 
  #3  
Old 06-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Tex68w's Avatar
Tex68w
Tex68w is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Texas
Posts: 265
Tex68w is starting off with a positive reputation.
Most importantly I'd like to change the tire size (37x12.50x20) so that it reflects the speed and MPG's correctly along with lowering the minimum PSI/TPMS (50psi) so that I don't get the low tire pressure warning.

I wouldn't mind doing the following as well:

* Remove double honk when exiting with key while truck is running
* Auto fold side mirrors with lock/power off
* Add DPF% gauge
* Increase signal flash to 5 like it does in tow mode
* Extend power point time out for outlets
* Bambi mode for lights, high beams on with fogs
* Heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel icon on home screen
* Add number over gauges

Thanks!
 
  #4  
Old 06-06-2018, 11:12 AM
CACRanger
CACRanger is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 111
CACRanger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Tex68w View Post
Most importantly I'd like to change the tire size (37x12.50x20) so that it reflects the speed and MPG's correctly along with lowering the minimum PSI/TPMS (50psi) so that I don't get the low tire pressure warning.

I wouldn't mind doing the following as well:

* Remove double honk when exiting with key while truck is running
* Auto fold side mirrors with lock/power off
* Add DPF% gauge
* Increase signal flash to 5 like it does in tow mode
* Extend power point time out for outlets
* Bambi mode for lights, high beams on with fogs
* Heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel icon on home screen
* Add number over gauges

Thanks!
What does your schedule look like for the weekend?

I have done all the above to my truck with the exception of:

* Add DPF% gauge
* Extend power point time out for outlets

Do you know what code you want to input for the 37" tall tires?

Thanks,

Chris
 
  #5  
Old 06-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Tex68w's Avatar
Tex68w
Tex68w is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Texas
Posts: 265
Tex68w is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am free Saturday morning and through into mid afternoon. I can easily meet you wherever you like during that time frame. I have no clue what codes to use for any of this stuff. I was supposed to get together with another guy a few months back for all of this but it never happened lol. Is there somewhere I can look for these codes?
 
  #6  
Old 06-07-2018, 02:16 PM
brentadams646
brentadams646 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 249
brentadams646 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think the maximum tire size you can re-calibrate the system using FORscan is 35's. I'm also running 37's, and everything I've read regarding 37's or larger, says that you can technically make the changes in the system, but it will ultimately result in a CEL. If you want to properly re-calibrate for 37's or larger, you need to use either a Hypertech inline module that plugs in behind the dash. I believe you can also do this if you're deleted and running a tuner, but I may be wrong.

CACRanger, since you have experience with this: I'm running 42 psi up front and 32 psi in the rear, can you adjust the parameters that low with FORscan? If not, can the low tire warning light be turned off while still being able to see and monitor the tire pressures?
 
  #7  
Old 03-05-2019, 03:05 PM
tylerleach62
tylerleach62 is offline
New User
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
tylerleach62 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Removing double Honk on f-250

I was curious if you still are interested in doing a little quick Forscan work. I would like to remove the double Honk feature whenever I leave my truck running . Iím in the woodlands area but can meet you obviously .

[email protected]
 
  #8  
Old 03-05-2019, 06:31 PM
WEHRING
WEHRING is online now
Junior User
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 50
WEHRING is starting off with a positive reputation.
X2

CACRanger - x2 on help please. Willing to pay. Was looking today to see what I need to buy to change my truck. Does not make sense for a one time adjustment.

Please call 9seven9 997 3one12

justin

 

Last edited by WEHRING; 03-05-2019 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Edit
  #9  
Old 03-05-2019, 06:37 PM
CACRanger
CACRanger is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 111
CACRanger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry guys, I have been swamped lately with work and my daughter's softball.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you guys my cell phone so that we can text and set something up.

Thanks,

Chris
 
  #10  
Old 03-05-2019, 06:38 PM
CACRanger
CACRanger is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 111
CACRanger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by brentadams646 View Post
I think the maximum tire size you can re-calibrate the system using FORscan is 35's. I'm also running 37's, and everything I've read regarding 37's or larger, says that you can technically make the changes in the system, but it will ultimately result in a CEL. If you want to properly re-calibrate for 37's or larger, you need to use either a Hypertech inline module that plugs in behind the dash. I believe you can also do this if you're deleted and running a tuner, but I may be wrong.

CACRanger, since you have experience with this: I'm running 42 psi up front and 32 psi in the rear, can you adjust the parameters that low with FORscan? If not, can the low tire warning light be turned off while still being able to see and monitor the tire pressures?
Yes...if you turn off the low pressure warning light you can still see the pressures on the monitor.

Thanks,

Chris
 
  #11  
Old 03-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Toledo
Toledo is online now
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 214
Toledo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
anyone out in manvel/pearland area? im considering buying the stuff for forscan but id like some help from a live person not just a video
 
  #12  
Old 03-05-2019, 10:05 PM
tylerleach62
tylerleach62 is offline
New User
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
tylerleach62 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It wouldnít let me PM you for some reason. My email is [email protected] if you donít mind. Donít know what the deal is.
 
  #13  
Old 03-05-2019, 11:30 PM
Joe T
Joe T is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,300
Joe T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Joe T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Subscribing. Need to install the changable ambient lights first though!
 
  #14  
Old 06-24-2019, 01:09 PM
tonywilliams6653
tonywilliams6653 is offline
New User
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
tonywilliams6653 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Forscan

Originally Posted by CACRanger View Post
Sorry guys, I have been swamped lately with work and my daughter's softball.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you guys my cell phone so that we can text and set something up.

Thanks,

Chris
Can you do forscan on a 2018 f250. I want to get a couple things changed on my truck. I live in Houston. Shoot me a email if possible [email protected]
 
  #15  
Old 07-09-2019, 01:46 AM
TexGuy's Avatar
TexGuy
TexGuy is offline
New User
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 21
TexGuy is starting off with a positive reputation.
FORScan help needed

Hello Guys,
My 2006 Ford Escape has a bad Door Lock Actuator and I need to find out which one it is in the GEM Module / data logger with FORScan. I've had to order a new OBD cable to reach the data logger and may need some help with how to do this with FORScan, if that does not work I'm in the 290 area of NW Houston, lol

TexGuy aka Edward
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FORscan Houston area


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.